THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Stormlord super heavy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
barenone
Kabalite Warrior
barenone

Stormlord super heavy Empty
PostSubject: Stormlord super heavy   Stormlord super heavy I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03 2014, 16:22

So we were having a 2k day at the shop on Saturday. On my third match my opponent decided to bust out this Stormlord super heavy tank. Needless to say it was intimidating. Now being Dark Eldar I had a decent amount of antitank weaponry but that thing was just nasty. it was putting out about 70 shots a turn with hatred (his HQ was inside giving it to him) and it was 14 all around with 9 hull points. With super heavy's you cannot blow it up until you take away the 9 hull points. Which he kept repairing with a tech priest. to add to the pain he had an aeiges defense line wrapped around it and 2 basilisks.
I had to stay behind cover and was pretty much immobile. If something came out it would die fast and there was not much terrain. I was reading the rules on the tank and noticed something. It counts as opened topped but does not give the +1 to damage results. That got me thinking.

I dropped my artisan formation with the chronos template and my heams liquifier guns and i destroyed the guys inside (d3 due to open topped.) this debuffed the hell out of his tank and ended up giving me 4 points with cards and slay the warlord.

Without the buffs i could more or less ignore the Stormlord and wipe out the rest of his army making him quit by round 3. Moral of the story is always check the rules on something you don't know. you never know what trick will come up.

P.S. He was pissed when i killed his command squad. He thought they were untouchable in there lol.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Stormlord super heavy   Stormlord super heavy I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03 2014, 16:31

It's also AV12 at the back - took one down with Krak Grenades in combat.
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Stormlord super heavy   Stormlord super heavy I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03 2014, 16:43

I'm going to have to say that I don't think you played this correctly. The rules for the Stormlord say that "The Stormlord is treated as Open-topped for embarking and disembarking purposes" (emphasis mine). There's nothing in that to suggest that you would be able to use template weapons and the No Escape rule to target units inside it. At the end of the day, it's type is Vehicle (Super-heavy vehicle, Transport) and it is not an open-topped vehicle except in the very specific situations set out in the rule.
Back to top Go down
barenone
Kabalite Warrior
barenone

PostSubject: Re: Stormlord super heavy   Stormlord super heavy I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03 2014, 18:40

[quote="Count Adhemar"]I'm going to have to say that I don't think you played this correctly. The rules for the Stormlord say that "The Stormlord is treated as Open-topped for embarking and disembarking purposes" (emphasis mine). There's nothing in that to suggest that you would be able to use template weapons and the No Escape rule to target units inside it. At the end of the day, it's type is Vehicle (Super-heavy vehicle, Transport) and it is not an open-topped vehicle except in the very specific situations set out in the rule.

I thought that may be the case, me and him discussed it and in the end rolled off. I was not even a heated discussion. The copy of the book he had was digital and said "for all intent and purposes" instead of "for embarking and disembarking" however looking the the on hand copy the shop had it said what you had said. That is why we decided to roll it. we were not sure which to follow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stormlord super heavy   Stormlord super heavy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stormlord super heavy
Page 1 of 1