THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Tourney army 500 pts

Go down 
+4
kenny3760
Raneth
Thor665
Finn
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Finn
Kabalite Warrior
Finn

Tourney army 500 pts Empty
PostSubject: Tourney army 500 pts   Tourney army 500 pts I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24 2011, 21:38

Hi all!

On 10th September we're having a small local tourney and I need a decent 500 pts army. As I see it right now, I'd like to take:

1 hemo with liquifier - 60 pts (60 total)
8 wracks with liquifier in a raider - 150 pts (210 total)
8 kabalites in a raider - 132 pts (342 total)
4 trueborn with 3 blasters in a venom (additional splinter cannon) - 158 pts (500 total)

What do you think? We are allowed 1 hq, 1-4 troops, 0-1 elites, 0-1 fast attack, 0-1 heavy support with aditional restrictions, as the points are very low (like, no 2+ saves, sum of vehicle armour cannot be 33 or higher, etc).
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Tourney army 500 pts   Tourney army 500 pts I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24 2011, 21:45

The big challenge to your list I would offer is - why 8 man squads?
At the very least that Warrior squad would benefit more from a Blaster than three dudes with rifles.

I'd also tend to shy away from Trueborn towards Ravagers - as initial long range anti-armor strike is even more important at 500 and I don't think the Venom gain is worth the shift in points when you could be doing more with your other slots.

Back to top Go down
Finn
Kabalite Warrior
Finn

PostSubject: Re: Tourney army 500 pts   Tourney army 500 pts I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24 2011, 21:59

I see your point with ravager. However, if I loose initiative, my ravager will probably become a steaming pile of junk after being shot at by missile launcher wielding long fangs or similar annoying bastards. Or just be unable to shoot.

In such case, 105 are utterly wasted, while trueborn in a venom give me at least some hope that they will do something anyway. Also, when fielding wracks, I need additional poison shots and two splinter cannons on a venom offer me that.

As for the squads, 8 is the number dictaded by points, that's all. On wracks' raider there will be 9 guys, as the hemo is going to go with them. Two liquifiers can kill some marines, don't they? Smile

Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: Tourney army 500 pts   Tourney army 500 pts I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25 2011, 00:27

Finn wrote:
I see your point with ravager. However, if I loose initiative, my ravager will probably become a steaming pile of junk after being shot at by missile launcher wielding long fangs or similar annoying bastards. Or just be unable to shoot.
Open Table Syndrome?

Blasterborn Venom isn't more durable than the Rav; FF counts for something but the Blasters' range compared the the Rav's DLs completely throws that advantage out the window. Though it's true the transport and dudes have to be dealt with separately, Trueborn aren't exactly resilient enough to survive a crash.

If you're worried about them suffering such a grisly fate, well, tough crap, because I'd pile holy hell on your sole source of AT as well. Very Happy So you're better off spreading threat than trying to compensate for the Rav's perceived weakness. Under those restrictions, I think I'd field something like this...

Quote :
Haemy + liq gun 60
3 Wracks w. Venom + SC 95
5 Warriors + blaster w. Raider 120
Ravager 105

Edited - Please do not try to avoid the swear filter - Baron Tordeck

Last edited by Raneth on Thu Aug 25 2011, 02:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Tourney army 500 pts   Tourney army 500 pts I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25 2011, 01:32

Quote :
Haemy + liq gun 60
3 Wracks w. Venom 95
Ravager 105
[/quote]

At 500 points I don't think it gets much better than this.

Good list Raneth
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Tourney army 500 pts   Tourney army 500 pts I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25 2011, 02:25

Personally I might want to go for the extra cannon on the venom over the LG

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: Tourney army 500 pts   Tourney army 500 pts I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25 2011, 02:49

Thanks Ken. About the 2nd SC; I included it in the cost, forgot to mention it though. Editing!

DanceofDecemberSouls
Hellion
DanceofDecemberSouls

PostSubject: Re: Tourney army 500 pts   Tourney army 500 pts I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25 2011, 04:32

Yeah I think that list is going to wreck a few peoples' day.

Kabalite Warrior
Finn

PostSubject: Re: Tourney army 500 pts   Tourney army 500 pts I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25 2011, 09:42

Ok, this list is kind of heavy on AT, but what about AI? Do you really think this is going to stand up a chance against horde orks?

DanceofDecemberSouls
Hellion
DanceofDecemberSouls

PostSubject: Re: Tourney army 500 pts   Tourney army 500 pts I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25 2011, 13:02

I'll get crucified for this but change one of your ravager's weapons to a disintigrator cannon, I think between that, your splinter rifles, and your dual splinter cannons on venoms you should be fine. Just move and shoot, tie up ork mobs with your heamy and wracks and claim objectives.

edit - oh just noticed your troops are in raiders. good choice there.

Double Post Merged - Baron Tordeck

Kabalite Warrior
Finn

PostSubject: Re: Tourney army 500 pts   Tourney army 500 pts I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25 2011, 15:12

DanceofDecemberSouls wrote:
tie up ork mobs with your heamy and wracks and claim objectives.
I'm not 100% sure if 3 wracks + hemo can "tie up ork mobs and claim objectives" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: Tourney army 500 pts   Tourney army 500 pts I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25 2011, 16:12

Finn wrote:
Ok, this list is kind of heavy on AT, but what about AI? Do you really think this is going to stand up a chance against horde orks?

Yes. They might have numbers but you have speed and range.

Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Tourney army 500 pts   Tourney army 500 pts I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25 2011, 17:49

youd be supprised at what 3 wracks and a haemie can do.

Heres my 500 pt list for a local escalation league going on right now...

55- Haemie with VB
146- 3 TB w/ Blasters, Venom w/ Extra Cannon
95- 3 Wracks, Venom w/ Extra Cannon
95- 3 wracks, Venom w/ Extra Cannon
105- Ravager

Total: 496

Those wracks + haemie have impressed me ALOT. They easily mop up whatever is left over from the massive amounts of AI. + as long as there is no PW in the unit, you will do fine.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Finn
Kabalite Warrior
Finn

PostSubject: Re: Tourney army 500 pts   Tourney army 500 pts I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25 2011, 18:13

Shadows Revenge wrote:
as long as there is no PW in the unit, you will do fine.
This. In my area nobody runs squads without PWs or PFs. Unfortunately, when metagame is involved, many viable builds become unplayable.

I think I will try to blend my initial army list with the one provided by Kenny. I'll have to come up with something with decent amount of bodies and more AT.

All in all, I thank everybody for your input. You all made me consider a few problems I haven't forseen.
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: Tourney army 500 pts   Tourney army 500 pts I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25 2011, 19:20

If you're -really- that worried about PWs in a 500pt meta (I'm not, crap's hella expensive) you can swap a 5-man Blaster Warrior squad for a 5-strong squad of Haywire Wyches for exactly the same cost. Better yet, just take them out from a distance. Razz

Edited - Warning issued for attempting to circumvent the swear filter - Baron Tordeck

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Tourney army 500 pts   Tourney army 500 pts I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25 2011, 19:33

As regards boyz mobs.

Nastiest thing I can think of is;

Big Mek w. Klaw and KFF
29 Shoota Boyz w. Nob w. Klaw
28 Shoota Boyz w. Nob w. Klaw

You could probably do some refining with dropping the Klaw on the mech for a few extra boyz or something depending on goal - but about 50-60 Boyz is the most you could see in 500.

It would cause Kenny's list problems as long as it was played smart.

But 500 isalways going to be a rock/paper/scissor situation. You'll either have enough anti-mech to deal with people who spam vehicles or you'll have enough anti-infantry to deal with people who spam horde.

The only DE solution that handles both is going footslogging - and I don't think that's really a smart bet in 500 unless you know it's a lot of KP missions.

I'd choose anti-infantyr or anti-mech as a theme based on local meta.
I would focus on making the list either assault *or* shooting themed (I think shooting is best at 500 points) as it is foolish to try to do both in my opinion.

Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: Tourney army 500 pts   Tourney army 500 pts I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25 2011, 19:50

Thor665 wrote:
As regards boyz mobs.

Big Mek w. Klaw and KFF

Hawt damn Thor you're being harsh. Now I want to try the match up. Twisted Evil

PS: no Rokkit Launchaz?

Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Tourney army 500 pts   Tourney army 500 pts I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2011, 09:19

Thor665 wrote:
As regards boyz mobs.

Big Mek w. Klaw and KFF

Id take that on. Actually I think its easier than some of the 500 points Ive been seeing for this Escalation league, I have a tau player fielding 5 tl missle pods, a GK getting 1 psyflemen dread and two psyHB razorbacks, and a Nid player running two full stealer units, a tervigon, and some hive guard. You talk about some badass 500 points Razz

But yah 500 pts is very iffy... Pretty much its rock-paper-sisscors... and how your dice roll, cause you cant take redunancy with so low points.
Back to top Go down
DanceofDecemberSouls
Hellion
DanceofDecemberSouls

PostSubject: Re: Tourney army 500 pts   Tourney army 500 pts I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2011, 13:05

Finn wrote:
DanceofDecemberSouls wrote:
tie up ork mobs with your heamy and wracks and claim objectives.
I'm not 100% sure if 3 wracks + hemo can "tie up ork mobs and claim objectives" Very Happy
I meant to tie them up with your wracks and hemo and take objectives with you troops.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Tourney army 500 pts   Tourney army 500 pts I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2011, 13:46

Just to point out that so far I haven't suggested a list. Good to get credit and all but I think it was Raneth that submitted the list.

Heres my take on it.

Heami 50
5 warriors 45
5 warriors, venom twin cannon 110
Razorwing 145
Razorwing 145

Plenty of AI and a couple of twin lance tank bursters.

Doubt you would have many friends after fielding that.
Back to top Go down
Finn
Kabalite Warrior
Finn

PostSubject: Re: Tourney army 500 pts   Tourney army 500 pts I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2011, 19:03

kenny3760 wrote:
Just to point out that so far I haven't suggested a list. Good to get credit and all but I think it was Raneth that submitted the list.

Heres my take on it.

Heami 50
5 warriors 45
5 warriors, venom twin cannon 110
Razorwing 145
Razorwing 145

Plenty of AI and a couple of twin lance tank bursters.

Doubt you would have many friends after fielding that.
Tempting. However, it's illegal as we're only allowed one HS slot.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Tourney army 500 pts   Tourney army 500 pts I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2011, 19:32

@Kenny - You can't double the heavy slot. EBWOP -derp, I'm on top of the new page, huzzah!

@Shadow - all I was saying was that was the nastiest Ork footslogger list I could do at 500. Though...I think the only list you mentioned that might give my footsloggers issues would be the Nid one - and I'd still give myself even odds. Klaws in 20+ mobs is tough for anyone to deal with - though at least the Nids probably get the assault.
Back to top Go down
GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: Tourney army 500 pts   Tourney army 500 pts I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27 2011, 09:37

I would drop blastborns form your first list and think about razorwing-most badass thing DE has for patrol games.
If you play on deserts(no cover) just reserv it.
Drop 3 warrios for balster- this may come handy, and I would go with that list.
Haemi+8wracks in raider
5warriors+blaster in raider
Razorwing.

Quote :
55- Haemie with VB
146- 3 TB w/ Blasters, Venom w/ Extra Cannon
95- 3 Wracks, Venom w/ Extra Cannon
95- 3 wracks, Venom w/ Extra Cannon
105- Ravager
Oh, LoL and what on earth you want to do with 3 wracks as troops??.....Spaming venoms is some kind of sicknes here lately.

Archon of All-seeing Eye Cabal.
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: Tourney army 500 pts   Tourney army 500 pts I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27 2011, 09:56

GrenAcid wrote:
Oh, LoL and what on earth you want to do with 3 wracks as troops??.....Spaming venoms is some kind of sicknes here lately.

They shouldn't have made the Venom so good at what it does, then. Laughing

GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: Tourney army 500 pts   Tourney army 500 pts I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27 2011, 15:59

Yo now Im not saying that venom arent good, they are exelent, but we complain about IG mech list/razor spam but ourselves spam venoms.
Well maybe its just me and my attitude to go against main flow..... Rolling Eyes

Archon of All-seeing Eye Cabal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tourney army 500 pts   Tourney army 500 pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tourney army 500 pts
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next