THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1k 6th tourney

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
crion
Hellion
crion

1k 6th tourney Empty
PostSubject: 1k 6th tourney   1k 6th tourney I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12 2012, 19:40

Opponents meta; IG, CSM, Orks, CD, SoB, Eldar. Some run with mech, some mixed, some foot. They alter pretty heavily between each battle so far in 6th much like myself. I have tried assualt army and now a bit of shooting.

HQ
1 Haemonculus (HQ), VB, LG @ 65 Pts

Troops:
5 Wracks (Troops) LG @ 120 Pts
1 Raider @ [60] Pts Dark Lance

3 Wracks (Troops) @ 95 Pts
1 Venom @ [65] Pts 2SC

1 Venom @ [65] Pts 2SC

1 Venom @ [65] Pts 2SC

5 Kabalite Warriors (Troops) 1BL @ 125 Pts
1 Venom @ [65] Pts 2SC

Heavy Support:
1 Ravager (Heavy Support) 3DL @ 105 Pts

1 Reaper (IA) (Heavy Support) @ 135 Pts #Enhanced Aethersails; Storm Vortex Projector (Haywire gun)

1 Razorwing Jetfighter (Heavy Support) @ 165 Pts 2DL, FF, SC, 4xMonoscythe

1000pts

Edit: Tomorrow it will be against IG. He have tried both foot/mech. My guess it will be mixed again. He likes autocannons, they are sweet against my skimmers. 1 vendetta perhaps, Marbo, and hades with plasma vets and some Hydra perhaps...

My thought, if there is nothing on foot, concentrate on transports just 1-2 can opened would be enough to get the venoms working. Then hope for flyer to get something to do, DS if necessary. Will probably just ignore flyer/s and go for troops.

Weakness, tried to balance AT somewhat now.

Edit2: Battle in a couple of hours, will report back what worked and what didn't. Unfortunately no full BR possible in this timeslot.

Edit3: Flyer got FF instead of Reaper. 1 warr dropped to 1 wrack and the remaining warr got a blaster.

Please dont double post. If you want to add any infomation, just use the edit button on the top right -Your Friendly Neighborhood Mod SR-

Last edited by crion on Wed Dec 19 2012, 17:09; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

1k 6th tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1k 6th tourney   1k 6th tourney I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13 2012, 19:07

Interesting choices in your list... and I cant wait to see how well it preforms.

First off if you are going for mech spam by using the 95 pt venom (with 3 wracks upgrade ofc...) why even bother with the warriors in the first place??? you didnt even give them blasters, which is the whole reason for taking warriors over wracks.

Also why did you take a reaper over a second ravager??? The reaper was semi-decent last edition because of stun locking tanks. This edition with the change of glancings, it doesnt seems worth it points. Let me know how well it is though.

Also why did you bring a razorwing??? you already have a ton of AI in the form of venoms... do you really need more with those missles??? if you wanted AT, should of just gone with a void raven. Also always take a flickerfield on a plane, so it never has to dodge to get a save... (because if you do dodge, you only snapfire next turn)

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
crion
Hellion
crion

1k 6th tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1k 6th tourney   1k 6th tourney I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14 2012, 16:25

Friend brought his CSM foot plus forgefiend and another dread. Only played for 3 rounds with last round being so short that I couldn't do everything (7mins is too short for me in 6:th ed so far)

I managed to seize and nightfight came so I went first and just really went to shoot his scoring troops.

By the end of third turn, one dread was down (reaper first blood) and the forgefiend was wounded. I actually ignored it since I wanted to kill his troops instead. He had just 3 troops and 2 of them was down to just a few men with wounds on warlord.

I deepstriked the Jetfighter succesfully, not sure I will do this again as mishaps/drifts happen.

In all honesty I played this to just see what this list could do against his CSM and didn't care much about objectives. Next time I bet he will bring more heavy weapons as I felt my target saturation was very good with the little heavy weapons he had this time.

Lost the VP game but had him pretty diminished scoring wise in the end of 3rd.

I like the reaper, when it hits, it kills! Much more killy than my 3 lance ravager at least from the little experience I have so far. Now he had cover from my ravager shots so it might have evened it out a bit. But, it is dual purpose, if it lives after armor is dead it can send out a S5 AP4, pinning five inch blast with haywire in it.

In regards to warrs/wracks in venoms. I like some warrs because they can actually shoot things when their venom blow up. The 3 wracks have no range when their ride is over.

I'm not sure he will bring more dreads/heavies next time, I think he will just put out more HW in his ranks next time.

Point taken about FF on flyer though, now I understand why and will swap from the reaper. Maybe I'll skip one warr squad in favor of wracks and put NS on Reaper/Jetfighter maybe FF on Reaper, depends if I just want to stand still with it. Maybe NS could be used smarter. His forgefiend did not have crazy range...

Edit: The warrs got a BL now, not sure it was the most killy move in trade for the warr->wrack venom trade. but I might try it out.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

1k 6th tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1k 6th tourney   1k 6th tourney I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14 2012, 20:32

rememeber vehicles are relentless, so you can shoot heavy modes while moving with them, even at 12" (so a venom shoots 12 shots, even moving at cruising speed) So there is never a reason you want to leave a skimmer with jink standing still on purpose

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
crion
Hellion
crion

1k 6th tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1k 6th tourney   1k 6th tourney I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17 2012, 22:23

Thinking about making the list a bit more killy next time but then I would sacrifice troop slots for trueborns 2DL and 2SC. Also reaper will need to drop down to ravager.

The opponent will catch low on troops (3 venoms) but maybe target priority will make it work anyway?..

HQ
1 Haemonculus (HQ), LG @ 60 Pts

Troops:
1 Venom @ [65] Pts 2SC

1 Venom @ [65] Pts 2SC

1 Venom @ [65] Pts 2SC

Ellites:
3 Kabalite Trueborn (Elites) 2SC, Haywire Grenades @ 127 Pts
1 Venom @ [65] Pts 2SC

3 Kabalite Trueborn (Elites) 2DL @ 151 Pts
1 Venom @ [65] Pts 2SC

Heavy Support:

1 Razorwing Jetfighter (Heavy Support) 2DC, FF, SC, 4xMonoscythe @ 165 Pts

998pts
Back to top Go down
crion
Hellion
crion

1k 6th tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1k 6th tourney   1k 6th tourney I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19 2012, 14:38

Ok, I fooled around with an alteration of the list against a full eldar mech player. 6 wrack/venom troops and heavy stayed as is with 8DL's.

I felt abit strained on my AT with 8 DL against mech army, ravagers went down fast due to being within 24" of scatter lazer and flyer came in late as well. What I did enjoy was having 6 troops @1k, great for objectives.

So my call to remedy AT against mech and lessen the threat range of the enemy is this:

HQ
1 Haemonculus (HQ) @ 50 Pts

Troops:
1 Venom @ [65] Pts 2SC

1 Venom @ [65] Pts 2SC

1 Venom @ [65] Pts 2SC

1 Venom @ [65] Pts 2SC

Ellites:
3 Kabalite Trueborn (Elites) 1SC, 3BL @ 161 Pts
1 Raider@ [75] Pts 1DL, NS

Heavy Support:
1 Ravager (Heavy Support) 3DL, NS @ 115 Pts

1 Ravager (Heavy Support) 3DL, NS @ 115 Pts

1 Razorwing Jetfighter (Heavy Support) 2DL, FF, NS, 4xMonoscythe @ 165 Pts

998 pts

9DL's, 3 Blasters and 4 nightshields on AT, feeling abit better about this, although nowhere near 6 troops, 4 is still ok.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1k 6th tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1k 6th tourney   1k 6th tourney I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1k 6th tourney
Page 1 of 1