THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Tourney army 500 pts

Go down 
+4
kenny3760
Raneth
Thor665
Finn
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Tourney army 500 pts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourney army 500 pts   Tourney army 500 pts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27 2011, 16:56

I complain about IG mech spam because it's hard to kill for DE.
I don't actually complain about Razorspam...though I may be lucky in my matchups thus far.

I do agree with you that sometimes players here and on other forums seem to believe that just inserting an extra Venom into a list is the magical solution for all their woes.

Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Tourney army 500 pts   Tourney army 500 pts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27 2011, 18:20

Thor665 wrote:
@Shadow - all I was saying was that was the nastiest Ork footslogger list I could do at 500. Though...I think the only list you mentioned that might give my footsloggers issues would be the Nid one - and I'd still give myself even odds. Klaws in 20+ mobs is tough for anyone to deal with - though at least the Nids probably get the assault.

True, and I must admit that footsloggers are a pain. That Nid list is real nasty, even for mine (FNP and cover is crazy for them) But its all on how it comes down to, especially if you WAAAAGH right into them Razz

GrenAcid wrote:
Oh, LoL and what on earth you want to do with 3 wracks as troops??.....Spaming venoms is some kind of sicknes here lately.

Because they are better and cheaper than 5 warriors anyday. Also they compliment the venom as that they can counter-assault for when the enemy gets too close. They have a higher damage output, more durable, and WAY cheaper, whats not to love Razz

GrenAcid wrote:
Yo now Im not saying that venom arent good, they are exelent, but we complain about IG mech list/razor spam but ourselves spam venoms.
Well maybe its just me and my attitude to go against main flow.....

So running a mech list is spam now??? Im guessing taking 3 ravagers is spam aswell Razz

At 500pts you see more troops than anything, thats why I have 3 venoms. They are great for what they do.

But in all seriousness I could care less about unit spam. Its how the game is played, there are some things in all codex's that are priced right for their power, and some that are completely overpriced. Razors and Chimeras are priced right, same as vets for IG, Combat Tact squads for Marines, Assault Marines for BA, and Long Fangs for Wolves. They are good for a reason, and if you arent using them because you feel you have to "go against the establishment" then you are missing out Razz

Also there is an old proverb Ive once heard. If you cant beat them, join them Razz

Thor665 wrote:
I do agree with you that sometimes players here and on other forums seem to believe that just inserting an extra Venom into a list is the magical solution for all their woes.

Hey, the more venoms the better Ive say Razz but really they are great AI, sadly the overall meta needs AT... we will see how 6th turns the meta around, but for right now they are bargin bin price for their ability.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Tourney army 500 pts   Tourney army 500 pts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27 2011, 20:08

The more Raiders the better, I say. Wink

Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: Tourney army 500 pts   Tourney army 500 pts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28 2011, 01:59

Yeah but there we go again. The Raider itself is one of the most efficient means of AT outside of HS options. Mobile DL = something Warriors, Wyches or Wracks themselves will never offer Razz

GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: Tourney army 500 pts   Tourney army 500 pts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28 2011, 13:15

Quote :
But in all seriousness I could care less about unit spam. Its how the game is played...
NO mate, thats how you play this game, I never saw GW made "how to play" so no...
I dont wanna turn this in rant about spaming ect so how about we stop on this and concentrate on topic.

Quote :
At 500pts you see more troops than anything, thats why I have 3 venoms. They are great for what they do.
Razorwing or two is my answer.
Quote :
Also they compliment the venom as that they can counter-assault for when the enemy gets too close. They have a higher damage output, more durable, and WAY cheaper, whats not to love
Only in charge, static is same as warriors and less than wyches, and with somthing with PW you are ribbons.
You want to counter-assault somthing with 3 1W 1A models?? damn......what they trow at you, 10guardsmen? BTW yes they are cheaper.

Archon of All-seeing Eye Cabal.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Tourney army 500 pts   Tourney army 500 pts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29 2011, 15:32

GrenAcid wrote:
NO mate, thats how you play this game, I never saw GW made "how to play" so no...
I dont wanna turn this in rant about spaming ect so how about we stop on this and concentrate on topic.

True, our store leans heavily into the competitive side, so seeing 5 razorbacks and 3 auto-las preds are pretty much standard around where I play. You try and bring a "fluffy" lists, and watch it get shredded, unless you made plans ahead to both play fluffy.

GrenAcid wrote:
Razorwing or two is my answer.

one would be tempting... but two is just heh... at 500 pts they are going to get down easily, and in your list I saw, you had what... 5 warriors on foot??? Id watch them get vaporized or tank shocked off an objective.

On a side note have you tried that list in a game??? How do you divide the obvious AI focus of the Razorwing, and the AT duty as its your only AT option???

GrenAcid wrote:
Only in charge, static is same as warriors and less than wyches, and with somthing with PW you are ribbons.
You want to counter-assault somthing with 3 1W 1A models?? damn......what they trow at you, 10guardsmen? BTW yes they are cheaper.

actually they do better than warriors and wyches on the static, as they have two posion weapons (instead of warriors 1) and always wound on a 4+, instead of both warriors and wyches being S3.

And about the guardsmen, heck I wouldnt throw them there anyway Razz They are there to tag team weaken squads. I have 36 posions shots a turn. Nothing is going to make it through that. They have so far blown what was left of 20 sisters, droped 2 squads of 2 crisis suits, 2 assault marines and a lib (the lib wift all attacks, thank the dark muses Razz ) and 3 GKs ( no upgrades, so with FC I went first.) 18 Poision attacks from the wracks, as well as 4 venom blade from the Haemie is nothing to scoff at, considering 13 of those re-roll Razz. And ofc power weapons would wreck them, but the same could be said about warriors. Infact... why would warriors ever charge???

@Thor665 Somthing interesting for you, I played against a nasty footslogging Ork list at 500 pts. It was:

Warboss with PK, ard boy
20 Orks w/ Nob upgrade and PK
20 Orks w Nob upgrade and PK
7 Lootas

You talk about a piece of work. He wrecked everyone for the past two days except me. And now he is thinking about using it next week for the first part of our escaltion league. Personally I think he will lose to the SoB player (Running like 3 flamers) and Nids, but we will see.

I actually blew him out of the water. T1 I shot the lootas to death, and I just moved around to stay out of his charge range. I widdled down the squad the boss was in down by T3 to 1 ork, the Nob, and the boss, then just lanced the boss and nob to death. After that with just 1 PK left, he was no problem. Ofc it probably wouldnt of been so easy if he got to go first, but I think two venoms would of been enough to take out those lootas anyway.

Last edited by Shadows Revenge on Mon Aug 29 2011, 15:36; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Trying to get the quotes right)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tourney army 500 pts   Tourney army 500 pts - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tourney army 500 pts
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2