THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Archangel of Pain

Go down 
+3
Massaen
The PayneTrayn
Vorenus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Vorenus
Slave
Vorenus

Archangel of Pain Empty
PostSubject: Archangel of Pain   Archangel of Pain I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2014, 00:48

Does the Archangel of Pain affect units inside of a Transport Vehicle or a Fortification? I would think the answer would be no, but I can't see anything in the rules to prevent it. I re-read the transport vehicle section, and it says that psychic attacks can't target units inside a vehicle, but the Archangel of Pain is not defined as a psychic attack (flavor text notwithstanding).

Also, it would appear that it can easily hit FMCs, just like a Nova psychic power.

Come to think of it, the Archangel doesn't seem to require LOS, either.

Am I missing something here? I welcome the insights of other, wiser Archons.

v/r

--Vorenus
Back to top Go down
The PayneTrayn
Hellion
The PayneTrayn

Archangel of Pain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archangel of Pain   Archangel of Pain I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2014, 10:11

I'm going to say no, because embarked passengers are fearless.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

Archangel of Pain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archangel of Pain   Archangel of Pain I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2014, 11:25

Yup - the AAoP has no effect on fearless units and units gain fearless while embarked
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Vorenus
Slave
Vorenus

Archangel of Pain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archangel of Pain   Archangel of Pain I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2014, 14:35

Ah, ok. That's what I missed. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

Archangel of Pain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archangel of Pain   Archangel of Pain I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2014, 14:51

Flyers and (I think) FMCs that are swooping can't be targeted by anything that "auto hits", or doesn't roll to hit.

Also, regardless of troops inside a transport being fearless or not, you aren't allowed to target units inside a transport (with the exception of the No Escape rule and open-topped vehicles, which really isn't even targeting them anyway).
Back to top Go down
Korwey
Hellion
Korwey

Archangel of Pain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archangel of Pain   Archangel of Pain I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2014, 15:00

Why? As I remember we had no problem with bladeving FMC in the last dex.
Back to top Go down
Izathel
Hellion

Archangel of Pain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archangel of Pain   Archangel of Pain I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2014, 15:13

Well firing at a Swooping FMC you have to fire Snap Shots without Skyfire and you cannot Snap Shot anything that doesn't roll to hit.

With that said, the Archangel of Pain is not a shooting attack and doesn't actually target anything. It would therefore affect flying units unless something else prevented them from doing so (and I think the vast majority of FMCs are Fearless anyway).

This is the same for embarked units. The Archangel of Pain doesn't target. It would affect units that were embarked if not for the fact that they are obviously Fearless.
Back to top Go down
Vorenus
Slave
Vorenus

Archangel of Pain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archangel of Pain   Archangel of Pain I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13 2014, 01:16

Laughingcarp: Would you mind pointing me to a rule citation that says you can't target units in vehicles? I can't find anything that says that.

Not that it really matters for Archangel of Pain, as was pointed out units in vehicles are fearless and therefore immune to the daemons ripping their souls out for some reason. Yeah.
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

Archangel of Pain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archangel of Pain   Archangel of Pain I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13 2014, 02:21

[earless and therefore immune to the daemons ripping their souls out for some reason.  Yeah.[/quote]
Hah. I feel ya.

The snap firing thing is why FMCs can't be targeted. IIRC bladevanes were FAQ'd to allow it?
But good call on the "not actually targeting anyone" read, I didn't catch that. So we figure it'll affect non-fearless FMCs then?

As for not targeting units in transports, for regular shooting attacks obviously the embarked unit is out of LoS, and unable to be hit with barrage etc 'cause they ain't on the board.
I think you'd be hard-pressed to find an opponent or a TO who'd allow you to target them. However...
Vorenus wrote:
Not that it really matters for Archangel of Pain, as was pointed out units in vehicles are fearless and therefore immune to the daemons ripping their souls out for some reason.  Yeah.
Back to top Go down
MyNameDidntFit
Kabalite Warrior

Archangel of Pain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archangel of Pain   Archangel of Pain I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15 2014, 00:44

I don't have my book to hand right this moment, but I believe you'll find that there is a specific rule under the FLYER type that prevents being targeted by anything that automatically hits or doesn't roll to hit.

This rule is NOT under the FMC section and thus they're happily hit by 5e Bladevanes, current Tantalus scythes, etc..

Check your rulebook in those two sections if you want the exact wording.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Archangel of Pain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archangel of Pain   Archangel of Pain I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Archangel of Pain
Page 1 of 1