THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

A Rock & Two Hard Places - 2000pts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
teknopeasant
Slave

A Rock & Two Hard Places - 2000pts Empty
PostSubject: A Rock & Two Hard Places - 2000pts   A Rock & Two Hard Places - 2000pts I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26 2014, 23:21

Archon w/Power Sword, Blaster, Clonefield, Haywire, WWP
Haemonculus w/Armour of Misery, Liq. Gun, Scissorhand, WWP

Kabalite Trueborn 5man w/4x Blasters --> Venom, double split. cannon

2x Kabalite Warriors 10man --> Raider, Dark Lance, Nightshields, Split. Racks

Razorwing Jetfighter w/double dark lances, split. cannon, stock missiles

Scourges 5man w/4x heat lances (Archon goes with these)

Dark Artisan (Warlord):
Haemonculus w/Nightmare Doll, Liq. Gun, Scissorhand, WWP
Cronos w/Spirit Probe
Talos w/Ichor Injector, TL Heat lance

Grosterquerie:
Haemonculus w/Vexator Mask, Liq. Gun, Flesh Gauntlet, WWP
2x Grotesques 4man w/Aberration (w/Scissorhand), 1x Liq. Gun (a Hamey goes with each unit)

Comes out to 2000 on the nose. The idea is to start the Venom and the two Raiders on the board, keep them out of LOS, maybe move the Venom into position to get the Blasterborn shooting T2. The Scourges and Archon are precision anti-tank, the Archon splits off the next turn and each finds their own target/fight. The two Grot units pick fights as appropriate, with the Vex Mask Haemy dealing with an enemy Special Character or Sergent, while his Grots wreck the rest of the squad. The Dark Artisan because holy crap, survivable Very Happy Thoughts? Alternatively, I was thinking of starting the Dark Artisan on the board, and marching him up the center field, and use the points saved to make the Archon a bit killy-er. Thanks for any feedback you can give me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: A Rock & Two Hard Places - 2000pts   A Rock & Two Hard Places - 2000pts I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28 2014, 21:50

Mostly looks solid. Starting the DA on the board has worked pretty well in my experience, but then so has WWP'ing them.
Only concern for you is your Haemy w/Vexator mask. Flesh Gauntlet isn't killy enough IMO. Scissorhand still gives you psn 4+ but the addition of Rending will help ensure the Haemy doesn't get stuck vs Space Marine sarges, and you don't need the Flesh Gauntlet's Lethal Dose if you're throwing him at sarges.
Also just for clarity is that 4 Grots + Aberration = 5 Grots? Or 4 Grots + Aberration upgrade = 4 Grots?

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
teknopeasant
Slave

PostSubject: Re: A Rock & Two Hard Places - 2000pts   A Rock & Two Hard Places - 2000pts I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29 2014, 16:59

Thanks Laughingcarp! Very Happy The Mask was just an idea to give the Grots a chance to play with friends more easily. Yes, the Scissors probably help more than the Gauntlet. Would you say giving the Haemy an Agoniser would be worth the points? Doing some more reading on the forum, I might switch his Plaything to the Sump anyway; not good if I roll Fleet as the Grotesques' Latest Experiment, only for them to be slowed down by their babysitter.

And yes, 4 Grots + Aberration upgrade = 4 Grots total. Since they are arriving via WWP, I suppose to should take them in larger units, but I don't have the models for that, and I feel like they become a larger point sink. Maybe if I wasn't taking the DA as well, I would run larger Grot units.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Rock & Two Hard Places - 2000pts   A Rock & Two Hard Places - 2000pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Rock & Two Hard Places - 2000pts
Page 1 of 1