THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Hello from under a rock

Go down 
+2
Zehra
AgrealSlade
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AgrealSlade
Hellion
AgrealSlade

Hello from under a rock Empty
PostSubject: Hello from under a rock   Hello from under a rock I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 07:54

Hey, I'm AgrealSlade and I am popping up to say hey and speak about myself some. I have been looking at Warhammer 40k for a long while and at first, I thought I would go with Tau. Then I realized they weren't really my style. So, I started my search. It then lead me to Tyranid which I do want to play at some point but they were to expensive for a new player to learn with so I had to move on. I came across orcs and somewhat their tactics worked with me but I didn't like the look of the armies being so patched worked so I moved from there. Had a friend try to convince me Grey Knight but I had no desire to have anything to do with a Man who has been sitting on a toilet for so long. Get him some prune juice man. Then, a couple of days ago another friend of mine wanted me to play and he had proxies I could use and told me he would buy the codex of any army I wanted. Well, I took him up on his offer and found a little book catching my eye. Pulled it out and was smiling from ear to ear. Dark Eldar. Started reading the stuff and looking at some of the models and I knew I had found my army. The store owner who played as well said I would have a hard time learning how to play the army properly and was trying to get me to play space marines and other more forgiving armies. Said nope, got my codex, and started my research. After a few 500 point battles learning the army by using other lists from around the net, my friend said he wanted to do a 750 point game against me. So, I started searching but wasn't finding anything close to my style in the time limit I had so I told him give me ten minutes to make a list. I did and let me tell yah what, I was proud of the army list because it was the first list that I had made and for the first game between us, it had him on the run. Right off the bat when I realized he had terminators and a huge tank for his points, I was thinking I might have some trouble. First words said was him saying "oh crap." I would have won if it weren't for time forcing us to stop so after that match, I knew this was my army that I wanted to play.
Not much else to say of me. A college student trying to be a writer and I love playing games.
- AgrealSlade
Back to top Go down
Zehra
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Hello from under a rock   Hello from under a rock I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 08:21

Greetings and welcome fresh meat, to the Dark City!
May your stay be...enjoyable!
Back to top Go down
AgrealSlade
Hellion
AgrealSlade

PostSubject: Re: Hello from under a rock   Hello from under a rock I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 08:23

Thank you I hope to learn plenty to make my pleasure greater at the cost of others, and careful around my blades, I'm good at cutting stuff off Wink
Back to top Go down
Zehra
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Hello from under a rock   Hello from under a rock I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 08:27

Tch, you are still a whelp in comparison to my skill...
Back to top Go down
AgrealSlade
Hellion
AgrealSlade

PostSubject: Re: Hello from under a rock   Hello from under a rock I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 08:28

Maybe, then again, how can skill be measured equally when everyone has a skill they perform better at then others do?
Back to top Go down
Zehra
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Hello from under a rock   Hello from under a rock I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 08:31

This is true.
Love your signature by the way. XD
Back to top Go down
AgrealSlade
Hellion
AgrealSlade

PostSubject: Re: Hello from under a rock   Hello from under a rock I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 08:33

Thank you. The first one is a line that has inspired my writing greatly. The second line is my own saying from my personal life.
Back to top Go down
Zehra
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Hello from under a rock   Hello from under a rock I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 08:35

Lol, people have actually called a whore writer?
XD
Back to top Go down
AgrealSlade
Hellion
AgrealSlade

PostSubject: Re: Hello from under a rock   Hello from under a rock I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 08:37

Yes they have, first few times in high school, and the last few since graduation, mainly at gaming places when they ask why I am at college.
Back to top Go down
Zehra
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Hello from under a rock   Hello from under a rock I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 08:38

Lol, that's hilarious, no offense. XD
Back to top Go down
AgrealSlade
Hellion
AgrealSlade

PostSubject: Re: Hello from under a rock   Hello from under a rock I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 08:39

None taken. If one cannot laugh from moments such as that in their own life, then how can one expect to be happy in the day to day routine?
Back to top Go down
Zehra
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Hello from under a rock   Hello from under a rock I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 08:40

Indeed. Some people need to loosen up and a laugh a little more.
Though some are not able to...
Back to top Go down
AgrealSlade
Hellion
AgrealSlade

PostSubject: Re: Hello from under a rock   Hello from under a rock I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 08:43

I know that problem true enough, because of the mental problems I have, for a long while I couldn't really enjoy humor. Took me a while, still trying to learn it at times.

PS - Finally got my list and first battle with it up, took me a while trying to remember all the details.
Back to top Go down
Zehra
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Hello from under a rock   Hello from under a rock I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 09:06

I'm glad to hear that. I hope you continue to make progress with yourself.
Back to top Go down
AgrealSlade
Hellion
AgrealSlade

PostSubject: Re: Hello from under a rock   Hello from under a rock I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 09:07

Thank you. I wish you good luck with your life.
Back to top Go down
Zehra
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Hello from under a rock   Hello from under a rock I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 09:19

Thank you very much. Smile
Back to top Go down
AgrealSlade
Hellion
AgrealSlade

PostSubject: Re: Hello from under a rock   Hello from under a rock I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 09:19

No problem
Back to top Go down
Sunder
Slave
Sunder

PostSubject: Re: Hello from under a rock   Hello from under a rock I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 22:49

Welcome to the Dark City. I am sure you will fit in well here.
Back to top Go down
AgrealSlade
Hellion
AgrealSlade

PostSubject: Re: Hello from under a rock   Hello from under a rock I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 23:39

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Lord Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Kesharq

PostSubject: Re: Hello from under a rock   Hello from under a rock I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20 2012, 01:18

welcome to this dark and depressing place, where your soul is already being prayed on by those you would call master and were even your darkest secrets are know to all. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
AgrealSlade
Hellion
AgrealSlade

PostSubject: Re: Hello from under a rock   Hello from under a rock I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20 2012, 01:32

Thank you, and I'm sorry for my dark secrets causing that uproar of people losing their sanity.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Hello from under a rock   Hello from under a rock I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20 2012, 11:39

Wow, I leave for a day and a bit and I come back to a page with twenty posts on it.

Anyway, welcome to Commorragh, the home of all things Ynneas Eldarith.

If you have any questions about The Dark City and how to use it feel free to PM me.

Enjoy TDC!
Back to top Go down
AgrealSlade
Hellion
AgrealSlade

PostSubject: Re: Hello from under a rock   Hello from under a rock I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20 2012, 11:45

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Lord Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Kesharq

PostSubject: Re: Hello from under a rock   Hello from under a rock I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20 2012, 21:43

oh dont worry about that, we already stole most of there souls anyway XD
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Hello from under a rock   Hello from under a rock I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20 2012, 21:51

Well then *withdraws flaying blade* 'tis tim for tothe taking! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from under a rock   Hello from under a rock I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from under a rock
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next