THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Skaven Stormfiends converted into Grotesques

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfsark
Hellion
Wolfsark

Skaven Stormfiends converted into Grotesques Empty
PostSubject: Skaven Stormfiends converted into Grotesques   Skaven Stormfiends converted into Grotesques I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16 2015, 21:38

So I've pretty much given up hope on GW releasing a plastic Grotesque kit or even getting more finecast ones in stock. I can't even find any unpainted ones on ebay. So my only option at this point seems to be some kind of conversion.

Those new Stormfiends actually look great. I think I could make a decent conversion out of them using extra heads from the talos/cronos kit.

My only concern is the size. If they are the size of Thanquol and Boneripper I don't think it will work. Maybe when people start buying/painting/posting pictures of them I can get an idea of the scale.

I just wanted to hear other people's opinions on this topic or what you personally use as grotesques.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Skaven Stormfiends converted into Grotesques   Skaven Stormfiends converted into Grotesques I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16 2015, 21:53

Judging from the pictures I've seen of the new army box, Stormfiends are a bit bigger than normal Rat Ogres, but not quite as big as Carnifexes.
They sure could make for nice Grotesque conversions. But the problem I generally see with Rat Ogres is the amount of fur on them, which I don't think suits something that was supposedly an Eldar before.

By the way, I quite like the little "Zoantrats" on their backs. Smile

Last edited by Rokuro on Fri Jan 16 2015, 22:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: Skaven Stormfiends converted into Grotesques   Skaven Stormfiends converted into Grotesques I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16 2015, 22:05

They dont have much fur and that can be filed off.

...My wallet is itching....
Back to top Go down
Wolfsark
Hellion
Wolfsark

PostSubject: Re: Skaven Stormfiends converted into Grotesques   Skaven Stormfiends converted into Grotesques I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16 2015, 23:31

Tengu wrote:
...My wallet is itching....

Me too ....

The storm fiend box is a 3 model - 101 piece plastic kit and runs $62 USD retail which is still better than buying 3 finecast grotesques (if you can find them). Kitbash them with extras from the talos/cronos box and they are good to go. My only problem is that I would need to buy extra bases.
Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: Skaven Stormfiends converted into Grotesques   Skaven Stormfiends converted into Grotesques I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16 2015, 23:46

What bases do you need? I have a few 40mm round.
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Skaven Stormfiends converted into Grotesques   Skaven Stormfiends converted into Grotesques I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16 2015, 23:50

I thought these would make great Grot conversions when I saw them last week. Some of the weapons look like they could be cool for liqufiers.

Skaven Stormfiends converted into Grotesques 99120206017_SkavenStormfiends05Skaven Stormfiends converted into Grotesques 99120206017_SkavenStormfiends06

Fur doesnt look like much of a problem since they are armored up. All those tubes on them too are just too perfect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skaven Stormfiends converted into Grotesques   Skaven Stormfiends converted into Grotesques I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skaven Stormfiends converted into Grotesques
Page 1 of 1