THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Real Space Raiders 500pts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hardcorps
Slave
hardcorps

Real Space Raiders 500pts Empty
PostSubject: Real Space Raiders 500pts   Real Space Raiders 500pts I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2015, 10:33

Hey everyone,

Just got back into the hobby after a long break so I have been doing some research and thinking up of different army lists and this is the end result. From what I've read here the Dark Eldar are all about target saturation, Raiders, Venoms and jink saves so I've built this list that fits with the Real Space Raiders detachment in the codex. Does this seem like an effective list that I could also build upon later? I have never committed to a particular army before and I want to make this one work and later expand upon Neutral

Real Space Raiders detachment 496 points

Archon
-Haywire Grenade
Venom
-Splinter Cannon x2

Kabalite Warriors x5
Raider
-Night Shields

Kabalite Warriors x5
Raider
-Night Shields

Reavers x6                                                2+ jink save with skilled rider in night fights Very Happy
-Cluster Caltops x2
-Heat Lance x2

Last edited by hardcorps on Thu Jan 22 2015, 21:31; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Real Space Raiders 500pts   Real Space Raiders 500pts I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2015, 10:41

Two ideas come to mind:

1: Play it as a CAD. ObSec and ability to reroll traits from BRB is too valuable.

2. Change those Night shields to Blasters.

You lose two source cover that way but gain a lot instead. Then all of your units might destry a tank if they tried.
Back to top Go down
hardcorps
Slave
hardcorps

PostSubject: Re: Real Space Raiders 500pts   Real Space Raiders 500pts I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2015, 21:30

Sorry about the bump but last night I was trying to come up with ways to make the Raider+Warriors more specialized in their shooting since the Warriors will be using Blasters and 4 Splinter Rifles are not going to achieve much. So I've come up with this other CAD list. I feel that it packs more long ranged turn 1 anti-tank. Also those Reavers will downright murder anything without an AV value at this points level. I just have to be really careful with em. Which of the two is better?

Combined Arms Detachment 499 points

Archon
-Blaster
-Haywire Grenade
Kabalite Warriors x5
-Blaster
Raider
-Dark Lance

Kabalite Warriors x5
-Blaster
Raider
-Dark Lance

Reavers x9
-Cluster Caltrops x3

or...

Combined Arms Detachment 496 points

Archon
-Haywire Grenade
Venom
-Splinter Cannon x2

Kabalite Warriors x5
-Blaster
Raider

Kabalite Warriors x5
-Blaster
Raider

Reavers x6
-Cluster Caltops x2
-Heat Lance x2
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Real Space Raiders 500pts   Real Space Raiders 500pts I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23 2015, 06:30

There is an edit button in the upper right corner of the post. Use it instead of double posting before 48h is done. ///Vasara

Mod hat off:

First list is better as you are going to jink and that limits your shooting very much.
Back to top Go down
hardcorps
Slave
hardcorps

PostSubject: Re: Real Space Raiders 500pts   Real Space Raiders 500pts I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23 2015, 06:57

Ah sorry about that!
Yeah I don't think I will be shooting with the Reavers much. I was playing around with some dice and on average I was killing 7 MEQs just from HoW attacks with 9 of the bikes. I'm looking forward to building this list, might even start a painting thread Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Real Space Raiders 500pts   Real Space Raiders 500pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Real Space Raiders 500pts
Page 1 of 1