THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Real space raiders 1500 w/ eldar

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tattooudrew
Hellion

Real space raiders 1500 w/ eldar Empty
PostSubject: Real space raiders 1500 w/ eldar   Real space raiders 1500 w/ eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01 2014, 08:13

REAL SPACE RAIDER DETACHMENT

HQ-240pts

Archon
w/ huskblade
shadow field
3 incubi
venom

TROOPS -440 pts

4x
5 kab warriors
w/ shredder
venom
w/ cannon

FAST ATTACK -240 pts

2x
5 scourge
w/ 4 blasters

HEAVY SUPPORT -235 pts

Razorwing bomber
w/ night shields
4x implosion missles
lances/scythe depending on opponent

ELDAR ALLIED UNITS

HQ -100 pts

Autarch
Mantle of the Laughing God

TROOPS -60 pts

5 rangers

FAST ATTACK -185 pts

hemlock wraith fighter

Total 1500 pts exactly

Took the autarch hq for eldar so i could modify all my reserve rolls by +/- 1  gave him mantle so he gets “The bearer loses the Independent Character special rule but has the Hit & Run, Shrouded and Stealth special rules. In addition the bearer can re-roll failed cover saves.

basically just gonna stick him in the darkest loneliest corner of the map in cover to get a 2+ cover save and be able to call in most every reserve roll.

Rangers infiltrate onto of objective an pop shots at unit leaders/characters in range

the scourge will deep strike and knock down some vehicles

Venom/kabs you already know

Archon unit to take out HQs characters or multi wound units (basically anything scary or shiny) as fast as possible.

Voidraven and wraith fighter for more anti tank/heavy infantry killing.

what are your thoughts? i might expand this to a 2k army with a formation of scarlet epicureans..

Haemonculus
WWP
Flesh gauntlet

cronos
w/ probe

2x
10x wracks
1x liquifier
acothyst
W/ venom blade

for exactly 500 points. this unit will use the WWP to deploy right in the middle of their army formation

Last edited by Tattooudrew on Wed Dec 03 2014, 10:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ShadowcatX
Hellion
ShadowcatX

PostSubject: Re: Real space raiders 1500 w/ eldar   Real space raiders 1500 w/ eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01 2014, 15:29

I'm an eldar player who is just starting to get into the dark eldar so I'm looking at this from a slightly different view point. It may or may not be helpful.

I don't like your eldar detachment, at all. Your points cost on the mantle is off (it costs 10 points more than you listed, also your math is wrong other places to, like the fast attack) and having 110 points sit and do nothing seems an incredible waste. If you're worried about protecting him, just have him hide in a squad of some type (or not even be on the board). Rangers, also, are very bad. You're paying 5 points less than you would for a venom, to get less than half the venom's damage output. And the hemlock is bad as well.

IMO: If you're using the eldar with the dark eldar, use them for something you can't get from your codex. Get some high strength shooting and enjoy wounding on a 2+, or get some resilience. (Or better yet, take wave serpents and wraith knights and get it all.)
Back to top Go down
fredpower
Hellion
fredpower

PostSubject: Re: Real space raiders 1500 w/ eldar   Real space raiders 1500 w/ eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01 2014, 16:55

i dont now how you get a razorwing with 4x implosion missles -60 or a bomber for 140 points you have to you put only the good thing of this two the low price of a razorwing and the warger from other or you just write it wrong because you as dicribing a void bomber with the price of razorwing
Back to top Go down
Tattooudrew
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Real space raiders 1500 w/ eldar   Real space raiders 1500 w/ eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01 2014, 19:59

fredpower wrote:
i dont now how you get a razorwing with 4x implosion missles -60  or a bomber for 140 points you have to you put only the good thing of this two the low price of a razorwing and the warger from other or you just write it wrong because you as dicribing a void bomber with the price of razorwing

oops good catch, i meant void raven bomber -160 with implosions -60 night shield -15 for total of 235pts its funny because i still had 235 pts as the cost even if i did the math wrong when retyping list here. so no changes need to be made anyways.
Back to top Go down
Tattooudrew
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Real space raiders 1500 w/ eldar   Real space raiders 1500 w/ eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01 2014, 20:15

ShadowcatX wrote:
I'm an eldar player who is just starting to get into the dark eldar so I'm looking at this from a slightly different view point. It may or may not be helpful.

I don't like your eldar detachment, at all. Your points cost on the mantle is off (it costs 10 points more than you listed, also your math is wrong other places to, like the fast attack) and having 110 points sit and do nothing seems an incredible waste. If you're worried about protecting him, just have him hide in a squad of some type (or not even be on the board). Rangers, also, are very bad. You're paying 5 points less than you would for a venom, to get less than half the venom's damage output. And the hemlock is bad as well.

IMO: If you're using the eldar with the dark eldar, use them for something you can't get from your codex. Get some high strength shooting and enjoy wounding on a 2+, or get some resilience. (Or better yet, take wave serpents and wraith knights and get it all.)

The mantle costs 30 pts (at least in the ibook version of the codex?) i double checked.  the rangers have one role. sit on a objective. maybe get lucky and pluck some heavy weapons or unit leaders out of their squads. they where never really meant to pack the hurt in. the autarch i see as just a 100 pts to get a +1 on all my reserves, which is something i can't get with Dark eldar. to be honest, i got the eldar codex just so i can get some psyched abilities in my army lists, like i have a list where i take a corps thief formation (5 talos with scout an score vp every unit they wipe out besides vehicle) and eldrad rolling on telepathy table to get stealth and some of the other goodys. nothing scarier than 5 toughness 7, 3 wounds ea. feel no pain, it will not die, invisible monsters creepn on you. of course i haven't tested it yet. i just picked up warhammer again after a long time of not playing and only have a few units atm
Back to top Go down
Tattooudrew
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Real space raiders 1500 w/ eldar   Real space raiders 1500 w/ eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01 2014, 20:19

i think its really important for dark eldar to get all their reserves at once or it can really mess there day up. and why i took an autarch
Back to top Go down
ShadowcatX
Hellion
ShadowcatX

PostSubject: Re: Real space raiders 1500 w/ eldar   Real space raiders 1500 w/ eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02 2014, 13:03

My codex says 40. And a reroll on reserves (from a vox caster) is more powerful than a +1 and you can get it without having to take 20+ percent of your army as wasted points, which is basically what your eldar are atm.
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Real space raiders 1500 w/ eldar   Real space raiders 1500 w/ eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02 2014, 13:23

Please remove individual point costs from your list ///Vasara
Back to top Go down
Tattooudrew
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Real space raiders 1500 w/ eldar   Real space raiders 1500 w/ eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02 2014, 17:35

“30 pts
- Mantle of the Laughing God (2) ”

i can't post external links but thats copy paste from the ibook version of codex eldar. I'm sure we are both right... but thats a bit of a mistake on GWs part
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Real space raiders 1500 w/ eldar   Real space raiders 1500 w/ eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Real space raiders 1500 w/ eldar
Page 1 of 1