THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 RSR with Eldar allies

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TurboPenetrator
Slave
TurboPenetrator

1850 RSR with Eldar allies Empty
PostSubject: 1850 RSR with Eldar allies   1850 RSR with Eldar allies I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01 2015, 16:10

Hello,

I'm new to these forums as the dark eldar have just recently caught my attention. I'm trying to build a list for competitive play using about the same rules as ETC with some modifications. I also own an Iyanden Eldar army from which I still use some elements. Let me know what you think and could be improved, as said, my usual opponents play to win and there are almost every army there to face me with some nasty builds.

REALSPACE RAIDERS DETACHMENT

HQ
Court of the Archon
1x Medusae

TROOPS
5x Kabalite Warriors /w Sybarite (Warlord)
Venom /w Splinter Cannon

5x Kabalite Warriors
Venom /w Splinter Cannon

FAST
Razorwing Jetfighter /w 4x Monoscythe, 2x Dark Lance

Razorwing Jetfighter /w 4x Monoscythe, 2x Dark Lance

6x Reaver Jetbikes /w 2x Cluster Caltrops

6x Reaver Jetbikes /w 2x Cluster Caltrops

5x Scourges /w 4x Heywire Blaster

5x Scourges /w 4x Heywire Blaster

ELDAR ALLIES

HQ
Autarch /w Jetbike, Shard of Anaris, Mantle of the Laughing God

TROOPS
5x Dire Avengers
Wave Serpent /w Shuriken Cannon, Scatterlaser and Holo Fields

5x Dire Avengers
Wave Serpent /w Shuriken Cannon, Scatterlaser and Holo Fields

HEAVY
Wraithknight /w 2x Heavy Wraithcannon

Last edited by TurboPenetrator on Tue Feb 03 2015, 20:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anterzhul
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1850 RSR with Eldar allies   1850 RSR with Eldar allies I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02 2015, 22:59

First off, welcome; always nice to see our CWE cousins coming over to the true kin.

On to the list:
Be informed that some people find it quibbling to take a lamaean as mandatory HQ

Razorwings are very good, watch out for the fact that 2x shatterfield 2x monoscythe will force you to remove models before placing the blast of the second weapon (as per 7th edition changes to weapon order et al), also, I find that the cannon upgrade usually isnt worth it as they tend to get shot out of the sky after dropping 4 pieplates, but YMMV on this (also swapping them for Dark Lances might allow you some redundancy in AT in case your scourges fail).

The reavers; drop the heat lances, you'll most likely be jinking with them, the caltrops are very good though!

Also, if you are in need of some objective grabbing, consider a unit of eldar jetbikes, I find my opponents tend to ignore them most of the time and those objective points can really add up

I am not familiar with the ETC rules, so I cannot give you pointers on that, but this list looks quite scary; where are you going to put the Autarch?

Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: 1850 RSR with Eldar allies   1850 RSR with Eldar allies I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03 2015, 01:15

Just from my experience I've done 2 recent tournaments with the Llamean as HQ and they are fine with it. If you can find some points I'd give the Autarch the mantle if he solos or if you want him in a reaver squad that's probably good enough. You could just make the autarch your warlord.
Back to top Go down
TurboPenetrator
Slave
TurboPenetrator

PostSubject: Re: 1850 RSR with Eldar allies   1850 RSR with Eldar allies I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03 2015, 14:36

Thanks for the welcome and comments.

Good suggestion on the missiles, as this will also save some points. I was also thinking on dropping heat lances because I will probably just jink most of the time.

Autarch's destiny is yet to be solved, I want him purely for the reserve bonus but also would like to use him at some other level than just put him in a trasport. Mantle works ok I think, but I'm not very convinced on how much damage one man can do and with those upgrades points will go pretty high. So I was thinking to stick him with reavers instead.

I'm afraid Autarch cannot be my warlord as Iyanden is allied, that sybarite warlord is quite risky and very easy for my opponent to kill if I'm not careful with it. Could also swap transports with one dire avenger squad which makes him much harder to kill.

I'll make some modifications when I get home tonight and see what I can do with that Autarch.

I edited the list abit. I changed the Lhemean to Medusae for some nasty AP3 flamer. Autarch in mayby a little too pumped but I'll try him out just for the fun of it. Also changed razorwing loadout and removed heat lances from reavers.

I'm somewhat on the edge about this list thou as I think I dont have enough weapons with AP3 or AP2 to deal with enemy elites. Hoping only that my dakka will take care of them.
Back to top Go down
Anterzhul
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1850 RSR with Eldar allies   1850 RSR with Eldar allies I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03 2015, 23:02

If you want to go mantle autarch (which is really fun, except when you are playing against Tau Sad ), drop the shard and give him the lance and a fusion gun; the main point of the shard (fearless) is better put to use in big deathstars (no one will EVER accept a challenge from someone with a shard)

Maybe you could use the excess points to get your warriors some blasters, especially nice if you are struggling with AP2 (Hurrah for instant-killing broadsides Very Happy )

Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: 1850 RSR with Eldar allies   1850 RSR with Eldar allies I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04 2015, 09:50

Please do not double post but use edit function instead ///Vasara

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1850 RSR with Eldar allies   1850 RSR with Eldar allies I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05 2015, 01:48

I too would drop the SS\hard on the Autarch. Grab a Lance and Fusion as previously suggested. With those 20 points, grab Arena CHamps on the Reavers and throw 1 of the 2 Caltrops on the Champ. Reavers will greatly benefit from the LD bonus and having a character with D6 Str 6 Rending attacks at int 10 helps with challenges.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 RSR with Eldar allies   1850 RSR with Eldar allies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 RSR with Eldar allies
Page 1 of 1