THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 Dark Eldar Competitive list with Eldar allies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
knightswimmer14
Hellion
knightswimmer14

1850 Dark Eldar Competitive list with Eldar allies Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Dark Eldar Competitive list with Eldar allies   1850 Dark Eldar Competitive list with Eldar allies I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13 2013, 13:36

I haven't given a lot of love to the wraith knight until just recently when at one my my local tournaments an eldar player using 2 murdered everyone, so I though I should give it a shot with my DE

Archon (warlord)- Huskblade, shadow field, souls trap
3x Incubi
Venom- extra splinter cannon

3x Trueborn- 3 Blasters

3x Trueborn- 3 Blasters

5x Warriors

5x Warriors

5x Warriors

Ravager

Ravager

Allies:
Farseer- spirit stone? (Can't remember what it's called)

20x Guardians- 2 bright lances

Wraith Knight- sun cannon with shield, scatter laser, and cannon

Fortification:
Aegis Defense Line- Quad Gun

The 20 man blob and farseer go behind the defense line, all the venom will be behind it as well for the 4+ cover save, until the enemy gets close enough so then I can assault with my archon and use the blaster born effectively, what do you all think?
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Eldar Competitive list with Eldar allies   1850 Dark Eldar Competitive list with Eldar allies I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13 2013, 14:01

Your eldar and de doesn't really match each other. Those guardians with their 12" range is not that great behind aegis. Every upgrade on wk is worse than the stock.

venoms usually don't get cover behind aegis un les the wall is on a hill. Your only assault elements are archon and 3 incubi along with the Wk. Guess what is going to be shot first? Even without incubi and suncannon your army should not have any trouble removing powerarmor guys so why take them?
Back to top Go down
knightswimmer14
Hellion
knightswimmer14

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Eldar Competitive list with Eldar allies   1850 Dark Eldar Competitive list with Eldar allies I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13 2013, 14:34

Would you rather bring biker squads as eldar troops rater than the guardians? An I jus wanna give the wraith knight a shot, I think I could be a fun an effective unit in my army but why do you think I should take it stock opposed to suncannon?
Back to top Go down
Dirtydeeds
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Eldar Competitive list with Eldar allies   1850 Dark Eldar Competitive list with Eldar allies I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13 2013, 17:12

Due to the combat prowess of the model, I have always used him to hunt down tanks. You will not find str 10 anywhere in the de codex, but you can find str 5 ap 2 in the form of disintegration cannons, which cost zero points. I guess it just comes down to personal preference, but I have always used the heavy wraith cannon on my wraithknight.
Back to top Go down
knightswimmer14
Hellion
knightswimmer14

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Eldar Competitive list with Eldar allies   1850 Dark Eldar Competitive list with Eldar allies I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13 2013, 17:47

I'll probably try both builds out, thanks for the input!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Eldar Competitive list with Eldar allies   1850 Dark Eldar Competitive list with Eldar allies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 Dark Eldar Competitive list with Eldar allies
Page 1 of 1