THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Simple Rules Questions from a New 40k Player

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
organicpesticide
Hellion
organicpesticide

Simple Rules Questions from a New 40k Player Empty
PostSubject: Simple Rules Questions from a New 40k Player   Simple Rules Questions from a New 40k Player I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08 2015, 01:10

Hey guys/gals,

I recently picked up a few units of Dark Eldar after contemplating it for almost a year. I have not played 40k for many years so bear with me. I have a few questions:

1) Does power from pain stack cumulatively? For instance can 2 Haemonculi speed up a group's power from pain by two turns?

2) If I join a unit of Incubi with an Archon or Succubus do they transfer the plasma grenade USR to the group so they can assault better?

3) Can Talos shoot one unit and assault another unit? Not exactly sure how monstrous creatures assault and shooting works.

4) Reaver Jetbikes have a splinter rifle and their riders have splinter pistols. Can you shoot both weapons?
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Simple Rules Questions from a New 40k Player   Simple Rules Questions from a New 40k Player I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08 2015, 02:07

Without my codex to hand, I can't remember 1), but:

2)No, the section on Grenades in the main rulebook explicity states that the benefits apply to the model, not the unit.

3) No, they may not assault a different unit to one they shot at. The special rules relating to shooting for MCs are that they can fire two guns, and that they have "Relentless", ie can make usual movement and charges even if the gun(s) they fired were Heavy or Rapid Fire.

4) No, one rider can only shoot with one weapon. A Space Marine Attack Bike is allowed to shoot with two guns, but that's because it has a rider and passenger.

You are free to choose whichever gun you want to fire: in the case of Splinter rifle or pistol, the rifle is better, as bikes also have Relentless, so they have no limitation to their movement despite the rifle being Rapid Fire.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Simple Rules Questions from a New 40k Player   Simple Rules Questions from a New 40k Player I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08 2015, 02:29

Just to cover the one that wasn't answered (I'll second Sasha's other answers)

1) This question is parsed oddly - as PfP can never really 'stack' per se'. But, basically there are a number of different rules that can boost the effective Turn PfP is granting, some of them stack, and some do not - the quick and rough way to tell if somethings stacks is whether it is a different named rule or not. Generally the different rules will stack, but identical rules will not.

So;

1 Haem = +1 to PfP

2 Haems = +1 to PfP

2 Haems + Urien = +1 to PfP

1 Haem + Agonizing effect from Animus = +2 to PfP

Also, if you have one unit from the Coven supplement joined by/to a unit from the regular dex, it is possible to have the alternate PfP charts stack - as the unit could, on Turn 2, be benefiting from Fearless, as well as having models with FNP 6+.

Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
Stolensoul
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Simple Rules Questions from a New 40k Player   Simple Rules Questions from a New 40k Player I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08 2015, 02:36

You can also 'lvl up' PfP by Kabalite Raiding Party formation getting +3 to PfP along with Animus and Haemi.
Back to top Go down
organicpesticide
Hellion
organicpesticide

PostSubject: Re: Simple Rules Questions from a New 40k Player   Simple Rules Questions from a New 40k Player I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08 2015, 18:35

Thanks guys. That helped a lot.  I have one more question.  Is it possible to run a standard CAD list with a Dark Artisan Formation and a Grotesquerie? I am confused as to which slots on the force org they count as i.e heavy support or hq or elites.

And... does Freakish Spectacle stack for multiple modifiers to - Leadership?
Back to top Go down
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: Simple Rules Questions from a New 40k Player   Simple Rules Questions from a New 40k Player I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08 2015, 19:38

organicpesticide wrote:
Is it possible to run a standard CAD list with a Dark Artisan Formation and a Grotesquerie? I am confused as to which slots on the force org they count as i.e heavy support or hq or elites.
Perfectly valid as long as you have the points. The units within the detachments have whatever unit type the codex specifies, ie. Grots are elites, but the detachments don't take up any of the slots in the CAD, they're taken separate to it.

organicpesticide wrote:
And... does Freakish Spectacle stack for multiple modifiers to - Leadership?
Freakish Spectacle seems to be a grey area. On the one hand, it specifies -1Ld from that detachment which would suggest it stacks from different detachments, but on the other, it's the same special rule, which typically don't stack with themselves. I think most of us are waiting on the FAQ for that, so standard advice: check with opponent/TO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simple Rules Questions from a New 40k Player   Simple Rules Questions from a New 40k Player I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Simple Rules Questions from a New 40k Player
Page 1 of 1