THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Quin/De synergy

Go down 
+29
egorey
Sigmaril
Fraust
Dirtydeeds
katfude
The Red King
Timatron
sweetbacon
Dogmar
SweaterKittens
Azdrubael
Mononcule
HERO
Wolfsark
Trystis
Mushkilla
gruyere
colinsherlow
Omega1907
Rokuro
Klaivex Charondyr
Cerve
Count Adhemar
Caldria
Crisis_Vyper
Its_Rumble
Blank05
Bibitybopitybacon
Hannibal.Lictor
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Caldria
Kabalite Warrior
Caldria

Quin/De synergy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quin/De synergy   Quin/De synergy - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14 2015, 18:01

Well, the caress is on the troupe master as he has more attacks - and, it's there for fighting non vehicle units primarily (in my case, anyway) But I see your point, if they were to fight vehicles and he had a haywire grenade, then his caress would be going to waste. Maybe a 5/6 man unit with caress on TM and 2 caresses in the unit instead of 2 kisses - Either way, I feel like the caress is the best weapon for the TM. Maybe a kiss if you want him to take on a lot of challenges with multi-wound models I guess.

Regarding the deepstriking - Exactly, I wouldn't ever deep strike them. I'd always use them with a transport because of rising crescendo and our transports being assault transports.
Back to top Go down
Mononcule
Kabalite Warrior
Mononcule

PostSubject: Re: Quin/De synergy   Quin/De synergy - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14 2015, 18:48

I'm still brainstorming for DE/Quin synergy. Here's some random ideas:

- Scalpel squadron and path of heroes: better chance to get first blood (infiltrate, -2 Ld from SS). Freakish spectacle with Death his Not enough means a -3Ld malus, -5 if SS is close. And it gives target saturation. If the squadron survive until turn 2, wracks can support the Solitaire for an assault (or pinning from DS et SS).

- DE codex lacks pinning, SS et DS both have it at 18 and 24".

- A DJ is roughly better than 2 blasterborns against AV10, with 6" more range (but without AP2 on every pen):
Shuriken cannon: 2.5 hit, 0.2 glance + 0.84 pen before jink (if applicable)
One blasterborn: 0.67 hit, 0.11 glance + 0.44 pen before jink (if applicable)

Against T8 3+ MC, it's roughly similar to one blaster (but with 6" more, pinning, bio explosive, DINE):
Shrieker: 0.83 hit, 0.7 wound, ~0.31 wound after armor save
One blasterborn: 0.67 hit, 0.33 wound
Back to top Go down
ronin_cse
Slave
ronin_cse

PostSubject: Re: Quin/De synergy   Quin/De synergy - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15 2015, 15:44

Caldria wrote:
Well, the caress is on the troupe master as he has more attacks - and, it's there for fighting non vehicle units primarily (in my case, anyway) But I see your point, if they were to fight vehicles and he had a haywire grenade, then his caress would be going to waste. Maybe a 5/6 man unit with caress on TM and 2 caresses in the unit instead of 2 kisses - Either way, I feel like the caress is the best weapon for the TM. Maybe a kiss if you want him to take on a lot of challenges with multi-wound models I guess.

Regarding the deepstriking - Exactly, I wouldn't ever deep strike them. I'd always use them with a transport because of rising crescendo and our transports being assault transports.

Totally spaced the extra attack, although it is just one extra attack so I dunno how much it matters. I was thinking the storied sword or the rose but that is probably just for the fun of it Wink.

Mononcule wrote:
I'm still brainstorming for DE/Quin synergy. Here's some random ideas:

- Scalpel squadron and path of heroes: better chance to get first blood (infiltrate, -2 Ld from SS). Freakish spectacle with Death his Not enough means a -3Ld malus, -5 if SS is close. And it gives target saturation. If the squadron survive until turn 2, wracks can support the Solitaire for an assault (or pinning from DS et SS).

- DE codex lacks pinning, SS et DS both have it at 18 and 24".

- A DJ is roughly better than 2 blasterborns against AV10, with 6" more range (but without AP2 on every pen):
Shuriken cannon: 2.5 hit, 0.2 glance + 0.84 pen before jink (if applicable)
One blasterborn: 0.67 hit, 0.11 glance + 0.44 pen before jink (if applicable)

Against T8 3+ MC, it's roughly similar to one blaster (but with 6" more, pinning, bio explosive, DINE):
Shrieker: 0.83 hit, 0.7 wound, ~0.31 wound after armor save
One blasterborn: 0.67 hit, 0.33 wound

Those are some decent ideas. I like that first one for a good alpha strike. A Psychic shriek on -5 ld would be devastating against anything, or that mirror of minds where you keep rolling until your opponent beats your roll. Since the SS has a LD of 10 they could never beat you so it would automatically kill what ever you cast it against (even if they have invul. saves it says you keep rolling until they are slain or get a higher roll).

Pinning is nice as well. No need for plasma grenades on your Incubi if the target is pinned. I'm liking this more and more actually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quin/De synergy   Quin/De synergy - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quin/De synergy
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6