THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Red Kings Wrath

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

The Red Kings Wrath Empty
PostSubject: The Red Kings Wrath   The Red Kings Wrath I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04 2015, 10:04

So I've played two games so far with my flesh craft list (in the army list section) and I've enjoyed it so much that I've decided I'm going to borrow my friends go pro and start video chronicling my forays into realspace. Partially in hopes I'll be shamed into painting my army and partially for feedback.

Today I'm going to write up a quick synopsis of the first two games but more importantly I'm looking for feedback on whether people prefer to see a long batrep that shows all the dice rolls or a short one that just shows the aftermath?

Tomorrow I'll be playing a 2000 point game of exclusively assault and transports (on both sides). Should record it so look for that soon.

Okay so game 1: Necrons

My list is available in the army lists section (can't link on phone, which reminds me, I'm on a phone so respect my wall of text lol)

His army (by memory)

Necron Decurion with the 4+ reanimatiom or what not.

Warlord: orikan
HQ: cryptek in with one group of immortals
Troops: two units of ten immortals with tesla
Elites:Triarch stalker, 10 lychguard w/shields and shard of the nightbringer
Fast attack: 1 destroyer (model) and 6 forgeworld acanthrite wraiths
Heavy support: annihilation barge
Dedicated transport: nightscythe

Turn 1: DE

So I had everything in but the Dark artisan and my razorwing. My ravagers shuffled around while my venoms and grot boats moved forwards. This was my first time using ravagers with the new codex and they started off by immediately immobilizing one in the back field... nice.

Shooting saw my rangers taking out his lone destroyer in the open for first blood (silly move by my opponent). My non immobilized ravager made up for his clumsy cousin (who suffered terribly when my Archon regrew) by scoring 1 glance and 1 pen on his triarch stalker which promptly blew up (take that other open topped vehicles). All my other shooting went into his acanthrites or lychguard, Might have killed one or two.

Turn 1:Necron

His nightbtinger shard floats through a wall eyeing up my rangers. Orikan and his lychguard move to murder my other poor rangers. Acanthrites zoom forward to hunt some vehicles. Everything else does the shuffle.

Shooting is largely infective, maybe a hull point somewhere but jinking sees no paper planes down this turn. Nightbringer gazes of death my rangers, wiping them exactly to a man... dar... elf? And orikan makes his charge to the same effect.

Turn 2: DE

My artisan decides now is not the time to strike...I guess and my flyer shoots out a little early almost guaranteeing it's death at the hands of the night scythe. My Archon and grots with allied spiritseer hop out to engage the nightbringer (perhaps foolishly as I had a huskblade but so be it). My haemy and his grots move to charge orikans lychguard.

My razorwing drops all his missiles into a back camping immortals squad causing 20 wounds. After armour and reanimation. A single immortal is removed... wow. Shooting from the venoms and ravagers remove more wraiths (I didn't realize they were 50 points a piece and thus my slow whittling down cost him more than I thought). I believe the nightbringer loses a wound to pistols. I forget my psychic phase and my opponent Is well mannered enough to not let me go back... jerk lol. Both grots make their charges and when the dust settles my archon has been slain by his faulty shadowfield (2 saves, 1...) But the grotesquerie carries on in his name leaving the nightbringer with a single wound. The orikan battle was a giant slapfest all game as I slowly chewed through his 3+/4+ 're rolling 1's crap and he just utterly failed to wound my grots through tough 5 and a 4+ feel no pain.

Turn 2: Necron

Looking to take some serious hurt this turn as his acanthrites have reached a venom and his night scythe shows up targeting my inept bomber. Very little movement as most of his army is in CQC with grots (excellent).

Shooting and assault after some phenomenal jinking (my pilots are really great and deserve a reward) sees 1 hull point off the razorwing, 1 off the venom, and 1 off an empty raider (which lost its gun). Rough turn for the necrons but even if I had a heart (in jars not withstanding) I would shed not a tear lol. Oh and I forgot this is actually where my grots killed the nightbringer not later on.

Turn 3 DE:

My flyer gets out of dodge and my other vehicles shuffle around to cut down more wraiths, the wounded one jets off to claim an objective. (Sorry I don't remember what points were scored). My artisan shows up in his backfield staring down a camping squad of immortals.

Shooting sees more wraiths die (down to 1) and 1-3 immortals die from the Artisan.

In CC my grots murder the nightbringer and consolidate towards their embattled brethren.

Turn 3: Necrons

With the Artisan in his backfield he moves to unload into it. His flyer moves towards my ravagers and orikan prepares for more slapping.

His shooting causes very few wounds to the Artisan (first game trying it out, as tough as I'd heard) then I proceed to fail 2 of 2 3+/4+ rerolling 1's... that's improbable. Ravagers jink his flyer but the immobilized one dies to his last wraith. More slapping in cc as I lose a grot and he loses an immortal.

Turn 4: DE

My flyer comes back and my vehicles shuffle to kill off that last pesky wraith in my backfield. Grots prepare to charge into the ongoing combat and the spiritseer casts terrify into the lychguard (that matters). Shooting sees more immortals die to the Artisan and his last wraith (barely) goes down. His scythe jinks the shots from my razorwing. CC sees the Artisan take 1 wound in overwatch into the talos... I fail my saves again. He's dead Jim. In CC however the chronos and haemy defy conventional logic and wipe the immortals and attached cryptek to a robot zombie. Orikans squad fails their ld test thanks to horrify and are cut down as they run. With only a squad of immortals, an annihilation barge and a jinking flyer left, as well as being down in points thanks to my mobility, my opponent concedes.

Victory for the Red King (once he regrows he'll mount that nightbringers head)

Game 2 versus Space Marines w/ Grey knights

I'll try to keep this short and sweet. This was a 1500 point game so I dropped my allies and ran pure coven. Also my archon found an agoniser... weird huh? Oh and no flyer for me thank you.

His list was 1 squad of scouts (combat squaded)
1 unit of tacticals (squaded)
A librarian

In reserves:
Storm talon
GK purifier squad
GK terminator squad with allied librarian and chapter master.

Turn 1: DE

My movement was almost exclusively shuffling for objectives. My grotesquerie boosts up the empty right flank to get into charges as well as claim another objective. Shooting removes some scouts and a marine or two. They hold; no first blood.

Turn 1: SM

No movement really except an auto rally from his scouts (they didn't hold I lied). And some marines moving to shoot my grot raiders. After the smoke settles from bolters, snipers and two missile launchers not a single hull point lost. Seriously my boys need a raise.

Turn 2: DE

Again my dark artisan stays off the board (fashionable Dark Artisan is always late). My grots get out and prepare to make their 6 and 8 inch charges respectively (with fleet). Shooting removes enough scouts for me to boost up my jinking venom and take obj 6. And shooting from the raiders causes a leadership check on the marines who promptly fail and fall off the board for first blood. Marvelous.

Assault sees both grots make it into his 5 scouts with librarian. His sergeant foolishly accepts my archons challenge (he knew what that did) and my archon promptly guts the fool along with 2 of his friends for good measure. Drinking their delicious agony for +1 str. Hits from the remaining scouts and librarian do naff all and my grotesque drown them in dice, wiping them from the table. They consolidate into obj 4.

Turn 2: SM

His terminators and purifiers show up, deep striking with fair accuracy. Shooting sees 1 grot die from the archons squad and 1 hullpoint removed from a venom.

Turn 3: DE

All my useless anti tank eyes the delicious pile of 10 terminators begging to be shot in the open. My dark artisan shows up and though the clumped up purifiers were a juicy target I decided I was enough ahead to heed my opponents call to fun (charging into his terminators) so I placed the Artisan in position to up the fnp of my grots. Shooting only goes part way through as my lances chew through his terminators (including his librarian who failed his 2+ invulnerable from sanctuary thus getting ID by the lance... I felt kinda bad but then that's what happens to Archons all the time.) And my opponent calls it. He offers to let me do my assaults but after he takes 3 wounds from the chronos str 3 flamer and promptly rolls snake eyes... I just shake his hand, depression is not the same wine as agony after all.

Victory for the Red King (who survived to enjoy it this time).

So far I'm really enjoying my Dark Eldar list with sub optimal combat Archon. Let me know what you guys think.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: The Red Kings Wrath   The Red Kings Wrath I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04 2015, 10:53

Sounds like a couple of fun games! I too enjoy the sub-optimal Archon, though I've not gone for the soul trap. I do however run him alongside Urien Rakarth for the tasty benefits and all the extra fun special rules (such as passing on S8 hits to the T5 guy with IWND and a 4++/4+FNP on a 2+) and having a majority WS7 helps too!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: The Red Kings Wrath   The Red Kings Wrath I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04 2015, 10:57

I love urien but I find my death stars become far too pricey with both. Especially as I often bring an allied seer for shriek. I suppose that will be alleviated when I dedicate that position to my allied shadow seer Very Happy

Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: The Red Kings Wrath   The Red Kings Wrath I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04 2015, 11:09

It all came about a bit by accident, I'm playing in a tournament in the summer that requires you to take a special character. I chucked them both into a squad with my heat lance scourges as Invun protection (archon has shadowfield on one side, urien on the other making taking down the scourges themselves quite difficult). The scourges hopped off in the next turn to go tank chasing and left me with just Urien and the Archon, who then proceeded to tie up a massive unit of guardsmen into a combat they couldn't win (hitting on 5's, wounding on 6's with 2++/4++, 5+/4+ FNP and IWND) stopping all that firepower from flensing (lovely word, doesn't get used enough) my warrior units. I've used them that way ever since and although they don't necessarily make their points back (the archon has occasionally finished off a tank or two with his blast pistol) they've always tied up a lot of stuff taking pressure off the rest of my army.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: The Red Kings Wrath   The Red Kings Wrath I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04 2015, 21:28

Which has an immeasurable value all it's own.

Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: The Red Kings Wrath   The Red Kings Wrath I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04 2015, 23:05

Really impressed by your victories against two extremely tough opponents. Nice work and thanks for taking the time to write summaries of your games. Looking forward to your video batreps. I personally prefer turn summary-style batreps as showing too much dice rolling can make them super looooooooong.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: The Red Kings Wrath   The Red Kings Wrath I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04 2015, 23:23

It does. Unfortunately my opponent had to drop out. It'll be next week.

Hellion
Lord Mal

PostSubject: Re: The Red Kings Wrath   The Red Kings Wrath I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05 2015, 00:03

That first game...lol, you made me chuckle on the bits about the Archon getting pasted, and I think you're supposed to weigh the dice in your favor, not for your opponent Laughing  Sounded like some really bad dice rolls that game.

Great batreps though, thanks for the report.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: The Red Kings Wrath   The Red Kings Wrath I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05 2015, 08:37

I'd call my dice bad in the first game if it weren't for the fact I only lost 2 vehicles all game. Or was it one? Idk my raider jinked 3 pens and a glance in one phase.

Also I meant to tell bacon, I wouldn't call my friends SM list too tough. He brings in some forgeworld every now and then but for the most part he doesn't get that cheesy. No gorgon chain iron hands CM or such lol.

Glad y'all enjoyed the reports, really motivates me to get them filmed. I'll need to figure out post production though as I'm not merely as witty and nonchalant about my failures during the game. I got uncomfortably frustrated with those Artisan saves. I had to take a deep breath (I rage like a Canadian I guess lol)

Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: The Red Kings Wrath   The Red Kings Wrath I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14 2015, 11:03

Another written battle report I'm afraid. Same marine player as last time except this time he brought a mostly assault list using the space sharks chapter tactics.

Something like:

Tyberos
librarian

5 claw terminators in land raider with above.

10 devastators

20 marines with pistol/CC in rhinos

Contemptor Patten dreadnought

Storm talon gunship

My list was different this time with no allies. Same as before except:

Swapped armour of misery with helm of spite.

Dropped the flyer and allied eldar for:

Two venoms full of incubi with klaivex.

Replaced ravagers with my custom built reaper models, first game seeing use.

I had first turn so I shuffled everything forward slightly. 2 out of my 3 objectives I was on turned out to be sabotaged. Shooting from the grot raiders and the reapers put 2 hull points on the land raider. All 4 venoms opened fire into the forest bound devastators (I thought they were regular tacticals lol) managing to fail exactly enough saves to die to a man. First blood for The Red Kings court. Oh and one venom immobilized himself immediately but with a commanding view of the field.

Turn 1 for the marines revealed another sabotaged objective as he moved forward with his land raider and hopped out. His marines on my left flank do the same while the marines on the right move forward in their raider.

His shooting takes down my archons ride who hops into terrain with his grotesque. A flamer takes out two incubi inside their transport and oh he casts endurance for a 4+ fnp on his termies. We forget rhinos aren't assault and he charges in with the marines into two venoms.One goes down but the other passes all of its flickerfield saves. A kabalite venom is charged by his terminators and blows up killing all 5 occupants.

My Dark Artisan continues to be fashionable...

I shuffle around, preparing my incubi to charge into termies like they should (forgot the fnp). The other squad prepares to avenge their venom on the marines. My haemy grot squad boosts off to capture an objective.

Shooting takes another hull point from the landraider leaving it with one. As well as venom fire removing a marine I think.

Overwatch claims another incubi leaving me 3 but they make their charge (at init 1 sadly) and my klaivex goes into a challenge with his sergeant. We kill each other and my klaivex takes two more marines with him. I lose one more incubi but not before shredding another 2-3 leaving 1 incubi locked with 2 marines.

My other squad fares poorly, charging in to get the librarian whom I forgot was carrying a SS. I believe 1 wound goes through and I lose everyone. He consolidates towards my stranded Archon.

His talon shows up and his rhino on the left backs up to obsec an objective. The marines on the right hop out to shoot up my archons grots and his Contemptor eyes my other grot raider.

The psychic phase proves my favorite as his librarian fails to cast and thanks to the helm perils, dying in the process.

Shooting removes one of my reapers with his talon. My other grot raider which blows up hurting no one, and one wound into my archons grots.His terminators make their charge and tyberos faces the red king in a challenge. I strike first as they are at init 1 and cause no wounds to get through (can't have ap 2 on an Archon...) He gets only 2 wounds into me and I immediately fail my shadowfield.... I have to torture a better generator up.... My grots rampage for 6 attacks each 're rolling to hit due to warlord trait and wound thanks to poison. In the end nothing gets through his 2+ and my grots are wiped out.

Things are looking pretty dire as my turn starts but the artisan shows up directly behind his land raider. And the cards look promising as I go into full objective mode feeling control of the field slipping away.

In movement my kabalites who had jumped their immobilized ship last turn hopped into the remaining incubi venom and move off to obsec an objective out from under a rhino hopefully. My haemy grots move to assist in that ploy as I basically abandon the right.

In shooting my Talos heat lances the last hull point from his blessed land raider leaving a very large wreck. My reaper puts 2 hull points into the offending rhino preventing my ascendancy card and sec obj 6 card. In assault my grots reach their long target in the rhino and manage only a single glance. Luckily that was all I needed to clear it and I score 4-5 points on this turn.

On his turn he boosts his talon back towards my artisan and begins to footslog his terminators towards my immobilized venom.

All his shooting goes into my artisan causing 2 wounds on the chronos.

On my turn I bring my kabalites in their commandeered venom back to bear on the terminators who had killed the previous occupants. My artisan prepares to shoot his talon (stretching out to claim a skyfire nexus).

In shooting my luck turns sharply. The two remaining venoms and their kind of awesome occupants cause 7 wounds on his terminators and he loses 3 of them. In the backfield my talos hits with his heat lance again and my opponent fails to jink the pen which results in an explodes! My reaper goes large blast and kills a single marine on the right as he can't quite reach the Contemptor this turn.

My opponent continues to plod along trying to grab some objectives as he pours all fire from his remaining rhino, marines and Contemptor into my artisan; resulting in 1 wound on the talos after clever look out sirs.

His termies reach my immobilized venom and blow it up out of spite claiming the objective under it.

In my turn I plod my remaining grots towards his termies and my dark artisan moves to engage the marines hiding behind their rhino. In shooting my remaining reaper fails to get a wound through his contemptors 5+ cover save but my talos sercures his MVP status (strangely contested by nameless kabalite squad A.) By hitting the rhino with his heat lance and again penning and blowing it up from 3 hp to zero in one go. I believe 2 marines die in the explosion.

At this point tyberos is wandering around with only 2 terminators and his marines squad is in shambles. His Contemptor is sitting pretty in the backfield but has ineffectively shot into my artisan for 3 turns now. His shooting into them again does nothing and his termies make a long charge into my grots. My haemy is squished in a challenge and I lose 1 more grot plus a wound but he loses his remaining 2 terminators leaving tyberos alone.

The game ends here in a bloodbath. On my side only a reaper, my full dark artisan, 1 venom and 5 kabalites remain

For the marines only tyberos locked in combat with grotesques and about to eat a charge from the Talos; a ragtag squad of beleaguered marines with pistols in the sights of my kabalites and their new favorite ride and his Contemptor, sitting in the back eyeing the battlefield with... well you guessed it; Contempt lol.

Final tally ends 13-8 in favour of the True Kin!

Removing his devastators first turn was huge (if accidental lol) and playing to the mission in the mid-game when the match was at it's darkest sealed this one for me. My mistakes definitely include charging my incubi in too early and feeding his death star so many good targets over the game.

Live, die, painfully regrow, and teach the lesser races a lesson lol.

PostSubject: Re: The Red Kings Wrath   The Red Kings Wrath I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Red Kings Wrath
Page 1 of 1