THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Forge World Dark Eldar

Go down 
+26
asdrubal vect
Nepenthe
TheDuke
SirTainly
Lysis
Local_Ork
Urien Rakarth
Preacher
xzandrate
Foo
Kinnay
Torpedo Vegas
adesapere
Archon Farath Mure
Rabid Bunny
Radium
kargenetic
Todo13
Saintspirit
Gobsmakked
Hekate
shadow hunter
Baron Tordeck
Xelkireth
WrackInAction
Sky Serpent
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
adesapere
Hellion
adesapere

Forge World Dark Eldar - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 02:51

Oh man, should be a 'broadside' rule in the following IA/Apocolypse rules following the models release. Something along the lines of if 3 of the Uber Ravager's darklances/disintergrators are aimed at a large target and or vehicle it recieves an extra damage calculation somehow. just fantasizing, the multi level design is so inspiring.
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 03:12

They need to make a Dark Eldar craft with a rule that lets them fire the dark lances at different targets, or at least all the guns on one side of that 6-gunned monstrosity.
Back to top Go down
xzandrate
Kabalite Warrior
xzandrate

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 03:57

You basically want a DE heavy then.

A good slave barge would work well, maybe give it some sort of power from pain rules to affect it.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 04:39

Moving to DE General Discussion

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 04:53

I want a pain titan. A massive flesh-monstrosity powered by the screams of the tortured souls held within! Like the tri-pods from the War of the Worlds movie (the newer, bad one). But with more spikes.

Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 06:44

Torpedo Vegas wrote:
I want a pain titan. A massive flesh-monstrosity powered by the screams of the tortured souls held within! Like the tri-pods from the War of the Worlds movie (the newer, bad one). But with more spikes.
Yes... With splinter cannon and void lance death!
Back to top Go down
kargenetic
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 09:07

If we're going with War of the Worlds, I demand Heat Lances! And Neurotoxin Mortars! And a steam (liqufier?) Hellstorm template!

That said, I think a Tripod is a bad idea Razz Dark Eldar can be much more clever. But Pain Titan? OMG yes please!
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 10:26

A liquifier with hellstorm template would be seriously awesome, something like this:
Range: Hellstorm S: 2D6 Ap: D6-1 Heavy 1
On strength 11 or 12, count it as Strength D.

Would also be fun to see a newer version of the raven.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Preacher
Kabalite Warrior
Preacher

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 12:46

The twin hulled Raider is awesome and may well have to replace No'ki's current personal raider (I may have to find a new throne for it though). And I hope I can get hold of the sail on the haywire cannon armed raider. (Seriously why is that thing still classed as a raider)?

As for that final sketch (well both really but definettly the last) affraid. I'll take one, with added haywire cannon just so I can have a Nero moment...

Fire everything! cheers

The fact it has side mounted "lances" gives me a good idea to recreate one of my favourite WD scenarios. It involved a chase between Reavers and Craftworlders (with the CWE getting a Vyper and the DE getting extra Reavers). Every turn the terrian moved back 6" or so and any object which "fell" off the table was randomly recyled onto the leading edge. If you keep moving against the flow you move normally, but if you turn against it you were swept along as the battle raced forward. Oooo the possibilies for that Super Ravager in that game. Twisted Evil

To rule in hell is only the begining..."

Lady No'ki Vankar, Kabal of the Poisoned Claw
Back to top Go down
Urien Rakarth
Kabalite Warrior
Urien Rakarth

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 12:53

Problem is that this stuff is from Forgeworld, so will cost an arm and a leg and will have huge bubbles through half the detail of be so wafer thin a gnat's fart will shatter it. I love what they produce but just understand their quality is somewhat lacklustre for the price.
Back to top Go down
http://6inchmove.wordpress.com
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 13:16

Still, it's better than GW Failcast Rolling Eyes

Actually I must say FW stuff is not so bad, with occasional 1mm mold lines on imperial stuff.
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 19:14

xzandrate wrote:
You basically want a DE heavy then.
Pretty much, yes.
Back to top Go down
Lysis
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 20:03

Man those vehicles look great... perhaps even just as a stand in for the dais of destruction, I would love that model.

I do feel, looking at the FW website, that DE have seriously been shorted. I mean, if the marines have have a few pages of just decals / ornaments, we should have more than two items.

The thought of a pain Titan makes me giddy - this should happen!

"Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for the night.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."
Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 21:20

Really looking forward to the DE, I'm suspecting the one with the big gun will be akin to the upgraded Raider in the Apoc formation for DE, to be used as a 'titan killer'.
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 22:10

I kinda want to haywire a titan to death now.

Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 22:55

New unit: HG Wych launcher Smile
For any Wych "sacrificed" You may do A+bonus from charge+bonus for two CCW haywire shots.

Razz

Anyway I think that catamaras are way to go. Gonna do count as Raiders Smile
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 00:20

Anyone hear anything about DE being featured in IA:11? I've heard IA:12 but I don't want to have to wait that long Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 00:26

Patience Grasshopper!
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 08:22

Nobody, anywhere, knows anything at this point, so here's my summary of many, many hours and pages of pointless speculation elsewhere:

IA11 is currently rumoured to be released at GDUK in September. It should include CWE, Space Puppies and 'Umies, but supposedly the CWE Corsairs will be able to take DE allies. No word on which units that I have seen so far, beyond Kabalite Warriors and maybe Raiders.

DE are thought to be in IA12, but could also be pushed back to 13. No word on potential foes, but CWE have been mentioned in relation to a second IA book after #11.

If 6th edition arrives next year and if CWE finally get over-hauled as part of the festivities, DE may well get a boost from all that Eldar-love.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 09:06

Local_Ork wrote:
New unit: HG Wych launcher Smile
For any Wych "sacrificed" You may do A+bonus from charge+bonus for two CCW haywire shots.
That sounds just like the angrinator.

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 09:07

We should invest in these.

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 17:32

I had never heard of the angrinator, but I checked and I love it. Agreed, we definitely should have something like this.

Back to top Go down
adesapere
Hellion
adesapere

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 07:04

Lmao wych launcher angrinator. The acrobatic prowess of wych's ensures that they would land lithely among the enemy.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 08:43

adesapere wrote:
Lmao wych launcher angrinator. The acrobatic prowess of wych's ensures that they would land lithely among the enemy.
...And not just crash into them like the Angry Marines does... We're just much better!

shamroll wrote:
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 09:12

[edit]

I would like to see something like that:
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_3t_kSXvboU8/SUS27SpaZcI/AAAAAAAAAfw/-CU1D6MsmMo/ss00128.jpg
Freaking spaceship that make holes in things.

Carrier ability optional.

[edit]
Oh snap. Guess even "less harmful" joke could be too harmful.
I admit my mistake so everyone may read. Especially Wyches that could get offended.
Sorry... (walking into Iron Maiden machine)

Last edited by Local_Ork on Fri Jun 10 2011, 01:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forge World Dark Eldar
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next