THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Possums plog

Go down 
+8
macknight
Dragontree
Count Adhemar
spellcheck2001
DEfan
zizza1400
The_Burning_Eye
punk possum
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

Possums  plog - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possums plog   Possums  plog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29 2015, 08:46

Looking good! I think I can see from the photos the bone hasn't covered completely or smoothly?

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
punk possum
Kabalite Warrior
punk possum

PostSubject: Re: Possums plog   Possums  plog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01 2015, 00:08

Greetings all,
So,
The_Burning_Eye wrote:
Looking good! I think I can see from the photos the bone hasn't covered completely or smoothly?
First off thanks for the encouragement I'm at that stage where I need it! As to the Bone yep I've paid the price for trying to rush things normally I'd use 2-3 coats of thinned paint but I tried to get away with one unthinned coat, bad bad idea. Kids if your watching learn from my mistakes always thin your paints and 2 thin coats will always top one thick patchy one.
I had the day off again today, the lawn still isn't cut, the bathroom door is still sticking in the frame and the bathroom shelf still isn't up... But today has been a two stage progress sort of a day this morning /afternoon I got this done:

Possums  plog - Page 2 002_5
Now I know its not got any crew right now or any groovey glyphs but I have only got 9 days to go and I'm really concerned about finishing on time so I'm cutting corners.

Also done (apart from their eyes, do the need eyes to fight blood angels?) 3 of the 5 wyches that are gonna be hitching a lift from it.
Possums  plog - Page 2 003_4

then this evenings progress was mostly this:
Possums  plog - Page 2 001_7
Followed by a very enjoyable game of battle cattle. Very Happy
So next up is the other 2 wyches and then the last 3 jet bikes and the razor wing so jetagogo?
Thanks for tuning in till next time C&C welcome and I hope you have enjoyed the ride so far.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Possums plog   Possums  plog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01 2015, 08:49

For some reason I've just got the 'Johnnycab' from total recall quote in my head now after he tried to kill Arnie, 'Hope you enjoyed the ride, haha!'

Looking great man, I really like the clean geometric shapes you've got on the raider, are they freehand?

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
punk possum
Kabalite Warrior
punk possum

PostSubject: Re: Possums plog   Possums  plog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 06 2015, 23:47

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
For some reason I've just got the 'Johnnycab' from total recall quote in my head now after he tried to kill Arnie, 'Hope you enjoyed the ride, haha!'

Looking great man, I really like the clean geometric shapes you've got on the raider, are they freehand?

:DWe were arguing about what is the best Arnie movie maybe I subconsciously had that in mind?

Sadly much as I would like to claim that my free hand was that clean and straight it aint ,so the shapes were masked with Tamiya 3mm tape.

Right so its been a few days now since my last update and there has been some progress, tragically as its been a Bank holiday week this week that means crazy bonkers extra work for me and no days off Crying or Very sad This has rather limited my progress but still

So First off I felt bad about not only sending the Wyches into combat with no eyes but also in a raider with no crew. So I painted a pilot for them, they still don't have a gunner but a least they have a driver now!
Possums  plog - Page 2 001_8

Next I did miss hydra gauntlets
Possums  plog - Page 2 003_5

And finally their Hekatrix
Possums  plog - Page 2 002_6

Now though the bad. I have 2 days till the game, tomorrow is going to be mostly taken up with work and voting.Friday I should really be tidying the house and stuff like that as I've got my friends coming up, but hopefully I'll be able to weasel my way out of those responsibilities and crack on with important stuff.
So still to do 1 razorwing that looks like this right now:
Possums  plog - Page 2 011_1

3 Jetbikes that look like this:
Possums  plog - Page 2 013

1 Raider that looks like this:
Possums  plog - Page 2 012

And 10 Warriors that look like this!
Possums  plog - Page 2 014

However if worst comes to worse I could ally in CWE. I had a root about in the attic and found these chaps (and Chapesses)
Possums  plog - Page 2 015
Now these are very very old last time I used them in a game my Codex was White Dwarf 127!
But I sure I have a Farseer knocking about so I'm thinking I could use the Aspect warrior host formation...
I also found this guy I entered him into the Golden Demon young bloods many many moons ago when I was both younger and under the false impression that I was a competition standard painter, he did make the final cut but didn't win anything. He has suffered quite a bit in the 20+ years since but I'm still very fond of him:
Possums  plog - Page 2 017

Right thats it for now 2 days to go, will I finish? Will I find the other Striking Scorpions? Will I have to be responsible? for all these answers and more stay tuned.
Back to top Go down
punk possum
Kabalite Warrior
punk possum

PostSubject: Re: Possums plog   Possums  plog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10 2015, 22:39

Hi,
So Saturday was my deadline. To cut a long story short I missed it. My original list was short by 10 warriors and 1 Raider. The last 3 reavers were not quite finished.
Possums  plog - Page 2 001_9
I just ran out of time to do the last rider. Also the Razor wing got shaded but no more so I missed the target by 10 warriors, 1 jetbiker, 1 Raider and half a razorwing.
So the army I ended up taking up to warhammer world for the game looked like this,
Possums  plog - Page 2 002_7

Added to this was my friends ulthwe CWE (with my Old Banshees and Dark reapers) so between us we had 2000 pts. Sadly I'm an idiot and forgot that my camera was out of battery so totally failed to get any pictures of our combined force, our opposition or the game Embarassed

We did how ever teach the blood crazed mon keigh a lesson and pull off an 8-4 point victory.
I was most impressed with my succubus, Myshella managed to keep an imperial knight locked in combat for 3 turns and knock 4 HP's off it! The incubi minced a unit of Blood angel assault terminators in 1 spectacularly effective charge ( they did then get blown to bits by the Knight detonating but thems the breaks I guess). The Reavers were a fantastic menace sniping away at the significant amount of armour that was rumbling our way. The scourges were frankly awful they jumped into real space missed every thing and then got wiped out. The Wyches were better than I expected mostly thanks to the agoniser wielding Hexatrixes. The warriors were solid if not really threatened by anything. The Razorwing was also solid but not outstanding. The venoms and Raiders were fun zipping around picking units up and dropping them off, and delivering the Banshees right into a tactical squads face prior to launching a charge was fun. But the real stand out unit was my Friends Wraith guard my goodness they wreaked face, snapshotting a Storm raven that was loaded with a furioso, captain, sanguine priest and an assault squad was definitely a game changer only the dreadnought staggered out of the wreckage and he had taken a battering! They just smashed anything that was foolish enough to get within 12" and in LOS. So the game was a lot of fun and a lot tighter than the VP's suggest.
And then an evening of jelly, ice cream and beer followed all in all a good birthday.
So now I need to get those pesky last bits done and then I'm going to go back over some of the other bits that I didn't all the way finish (like crews for the vehicle's).
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Possums plog   Possums  plog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11 2015, 03:42

What you got done looks fantastic, even if it wasn't everything, and it sounds like you had a great time, so I think you can declare victory.

I'm looking forward to seeing the initial army finished and then added to.

Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Possums plog   Possums  plog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11 2015, 08:34

It looks great - I'm looking forward to facing it/teaming up with it to take down the mon-keigh!

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
punk possum
Kabalite Warrior
punk possum

PostSubject: Re: Possums plog   Possums  plog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12 2015, 23:29

Calyptra wrote:
What you got done looks fantastic, even if it wasn't everything, and it sounds like you had a great time, so I think you can declare victory.

I'm looking forward to seeing the initial army finished and then added to.

Thank you very much. I am very flattered you like my work, I'm in awe of your vampire counts (I followed the link in your sig and was blown away by your attention to every last zombie! Yes it was a blast I always look forward to my birthday gaming weekend, there is nothing to beat playing with friends that you have had the best part of 30years to develop rivalries with Very Happy

TBE, Thanks I'm looking forward to Thursday now and yes those upstart Mon keigh need teaching many many lessons Wink

So the deadline has been and gone but I'm not giving up now I will finish this initial stage. To that end I got the last jetbiker done tonight:
Possums  plog - Page 2 001_10

That's it for now but there will be more and soon I hope.
C&C welcome as ever
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Possums plog   Possums  plog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13 2015, 01:53

Looking good.
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Possums plog   Possums  plog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13 2015, 07:24

Not checked in for a while but my you have been busy Smile. Some great stuff there Punk. I especially like the wyches and jetbikes. Your army is really looking great.

SC jocolor

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Possums plog   Possums  plog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15 2015, 10:30

spellcheck2001 wrote:
Your army is really looking great.

You can say that again - I saw them 'in the flesh' last night and they're very very pretty!

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
punk possum
Kabalite Warrior
punk possum

PostSubject: Re: Possums plog   Possums  plog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15 2015, 23:35

CurstAlchemist wrote:
Looking good.
Thank you very much for checking in (and saying nice things Very Happy )

spellcheck2001 wrote:
Not checked in for a while but my you have been busy Smile. Some great stuff there Punk. I especially like the wyches and jetbikes. Your army is really looking great.
Thank you very much. You have picked out my two favourite bits of this army I know that most people have a bit of a downer on the wyches but so far they have proved to be surprisingly durable and the models are fantastic. The jetbikes are another favourite  just because I love bikes and the models are also super nice.

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
You can say that again - I saw them 'in the flesh' last night and they're very very pretty!
You sir are far too modest I have neither the patience nor the skill to do the filigree work that graces all your vehicles, so thank you very much.

And not only but also I have made a tiny bit of progress with 3 more warriors done leaving 7 more and the razorwing to finish before the end of the month to fulfil my vow.  
 Possums  plog - Page 2 003_7
Possums  plog - Page 2 004_3
Possums  plog - Page 2 005_3

So progress is a bit slow but I am now juggling another project, If you interested check in on the distractions forum bit.
Back to top Go down
punk possum
Kabalite Warrior
punk possum

PostSubject: Re: Possums plog   Possums  plog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18 2015, 19:24

Hi so progress...
Well I've managed a bit but I'm mostly cranking out Blood claws for my son at the mo. even so 1 more warrior done I'm nearly half way with them now. Just need to get those pesky pups form Fenris out of the way!
Possums  plog - Page 2 001_11
as always C&C welcome and Also feel free to check out the space wolves over in the Distractions sub forum.
TTFN
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Possums plog   Possums  plog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18 2015, 22:30

Cant beat a few space wolves. Hoowlllll!...... Erm, excuse me Wink

Loving these Punk. Your army is really filling out nicely

Back to top Go down
punk possum
Kabalite Warrior
punk possum

PostSubject: Re: Possums plog   Possums  plog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21 2015, 01:02

spellcheck2001 wrote:
Cant beat a few space wolves. Hoowlllll!...... Erm, excuse me Wink

Loving these Punk. Your army is really filling out nicely

Yes my boy keeps telling me that I cant beat his space wolves. Apparently I have to play his wolf guard terminators vs a dark angel squad to sort out the whole longest running astartes feud thing!

Thanks I'm getting there with this first 1500pts part, just need to figure out what next...
Any hoo before whats next becomes too much of an issue I need to finish to that end I sneaked a few warriors in between fenrisians today
Possums  plog - Page 2 001_12
With mr blaster that's half way to done woop woop! but I didn't stop there as I was on a roll I got 2 more done.
Possums  plog - Page 2 002_10
Possums  plog - Page 2 003_9
So with the 2 Fenrisians that's 5 dudes painted in a day, not quite ESE levels of insanely fast (not as good either) but I think it might be a new personal best.
Thanks for stopping by, as ever any C&C welcome.
Till next time
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Possums plog   Possums  plog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21 2015, 12:19

Excellent stuff my man. Super clean paint jobs, colorful yet very cohesive. I really like the color choices and patterning. Keep rocking this army is coming out great!

Kabalite Warrior
punk possum

PostSubject: Re: Possums plog   Possums  plog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21 2015, 23:17

Cavalier wrote:
Excellent stuff my man. Super clean paint jobs, colorful yet very cohesive. I really like the color choices and patterning. Keep rocking this army is coming out great!

Thanks a lot I'm a fan of your work and its always nice to hear from some one you respect. I'm nearly done with this first part but there will be more. I succumbed to temptation and splooged my birthday money on some harlequins. I have the feeling they will take a lot longer to do though!
Back to top Go down
punk possum
Kabalite Warrior
punk possum

PostSubject: Re: Possums plog   Possums  plog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 23 2015, 22:11

Hi all,
So the deadline for me to finish the space wolves is looming (Wednesday actually) so that's where most of my attention has been going but I've managed to squeeze another warrior in.
Possums  plog - Page 2 002_11
So that's 8 out of 10 I hope to have the other 2 done in the next day or so. After that I've the razorwing to finish for my monthly vow and finally the last raider to do. then I'll be going back over the existing vehicles doing the crew and adding some glyphs etc. etc. then when all that's done it'll be time for some harly's.
Back to top Go down
punk possum
Kabalite Warrior
punk possum

PostSubject: Re: Possums plog   Possums  plog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12 2015, 17:26

Crikey! Its been the best part of 4 months since I last updated this...
In all honesty I was feeling a bit burnt out after a pretty hectic painting schedule and I wanted to do some more to my Wood elves, then Age of Sigmar landed and sort of smashed fantasy in the face. Now A.O.S. isn't bad its just not the WHFB I've grown up loving.
So I sort of went off in a bit of a sulk about GW and concentrated on my long neglected English Civil war early parliamentarian army I now have most of the eastern association in 15mm just need to find an ardent royalist near me to have a few games...
But its coming up to one of my friend birthdays and he wants to play 40K with his rather lovey Blood angels and I've got an obscene amount of unfinished projects knocking around so back to 40K it is!
Now I do have a choice to make Dark Angels or Dark elder for the game I just cant choose between them at the moment so I've decided to try getting both done! for the True kin that means getting my finger out and doing the Harlequin allies I've been promising them. For the Dark Angels it means finishing my biker libby, a devastator squad, an assault squad and a few more Black Knights...
So first up those Harliquins
    Possums  plog - Page 2 001_13
I do worry is this a bit too close to my DE?
Possums  plog - Page 2 004_6
suggestions any one? I want the whole force to look cohesive but are they too close?
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Possums plog   Possums  plog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12 2015, 18:53

Good to have you back Smile

I think the reds are nice and different, so that area does not look too similar, but I would prob change the hair colour to something a little different so they stand out more from your force. May e a much brighter blue, like a turquoise or pink. Looking fab though Smile

Alot of chaps at my club are pretty upset at the death of WHFB. Age of sigmar is totally different in playstyle, and the way Gw rolled it out has alienated them quite a bit. Quite a few have been trying the kings of war ruleset for their mass battle fantasy kick and enjoying it alot. The rules are free to download and you can use your existing fantasy armies in their ruleset.

SC jocolor

Back to top Go down
punk possum
Kabalite Warrior
punk possum

PostSubject: Re: Possums plog   Possums  plog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18 2015, 15:46

spellcheck2001 wrote:
Good to have you back Smile

I think the reds are nice and different, so that area does not look too similar, but I would prob change the hair colour to something a little different so they stand out more from your force. May e a much brighter blue, like a turquoise or pink. Looking fab though Smile

Alot of chaps at my club are pretty upset at the death of WHFB. Age of sigmar is totally different in playstyle, and the way Gw rolled it out has alienated them quite a bit. Quite a few have been trying the kings of war ruleset for their mass battle fantasy kick and enjoying it alot. The rules are free to download and you can use your existing fantasy armies in their ruleset.

SC jocolor

Thanks I've looked at Kings of war and it might be the way I go in the future, but for now my friends and I have agreed to just keep playing 8th and view AOS as a separate thing that we don't do...

Any how on to my crushingly slow progress with the harlequins I thought about the hair and then found inspiration in my comic collection, bet no one can guess which character Wink
    Possums  plog - Page 2 001_14
Possums  plog - Page 2 002_13
So that leaves me with 4 more 'quins 1 solitaire and 1 star weaver to do for the pointy eared part of my conundrum and 3 black Knights 1 biker libby and 10-20 marines for my Angels of vengeance/ raven wing best get cracking then! Oh and I want to get out and play a few games again soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Possums plog   Possums  plog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19 2015, 09:55

Yes! I like that a lot better. Looks fab and can't want to see the while troupe painted up Smile

SC jocolor

Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Possums plog   Possums  plog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19 2015, 11:59

Looks good! And nothing goes together like Harlequins and crushingly slow progress.

Back to top Go down
punk possum
Kabalite Warrior
punk possum

PostSubject: Re: Possums plog   Possums  plog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29 2015, 23:04

Calyptra wrote:
Looks good! And nothing goes together like Harlequins and crushingly slow progress.

Thank you very much, I'd not mind the crushingly slow progress so much if I was turning out Harlequins that were even close to the quality of yours...

Still I have made a bit of progress but I decided to get some of the Dark Angel stuff out of the way (I'll post them up in my distractions tread).
So only one more 'quin this time but I'm actually quite pleased with this one.
Possums  plog - Page 2 008_4
Possums  plog - Page 2 007_3

So that's half way to done for this troupe, I'm starting to worry about the star weaver. I'm a bit stumped for ideas on colours. I'm not sure if black with red diamonds will look colourful enough red with black diamonds could work but seems a bit well red.
Now GW has done its masque of the Midnight Sorrow craft in purple with red/orange diamonds which I rather like.
So any suggestions on colours?
Back to top Go down
zizza1400
Hellion
zizza1400

PostSubject: Re: Possums plog   Possums  plog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02 2015, 21:43

Hm, always good to keep with the scheme so maybe have alternating red black and bone (blonde?) diamonds on the starweaver. Also, just a small thing but on that harlequin the ree diamonds aren't as bright as the rest of the red, perhaps highlight then a little more. All in all though, pretty swell, I like your work!

'Never try to deceive,
And only say what you truly believe.'
- Alceste, The Misanthrope
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possums plog   Possums  plog - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possums plog
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next