THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Eldar coming

Go down 
+22
Massaen
PainReaver
Dragontree
kidfist0
amishprn86
CptMetal
spellcheck2001
Siticus the Ancient
Black Death
egorey
Finn
Panic_Puppet
HERO
The_Burning_Eye
Klaivex Charondyr
Caldria
average joe
Myrvn
Ispa
Vasara
Count Adhemar
Mr Believer
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

Eldar coming Empty
PostSubject: Eldar coming   Eldar coming I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13 2015, 08:20

Well, we knew it was coming:

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/blog/blog.jsp

Whilst I respect Games Workshop for upping their release schedule and taking risks releasing things the fans want to see, I'm really hoping this is just the start of them bringing earlier books in line with this edition, rather than re-releasing everything again. A two year cycle for editions might be enough to put me off the game Mad What does everyone else think?

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Eldar coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar coming   Eldar coming I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13 2015, 09:52

No new Eldar models in that video but everything seemed to be Saim Hann colours so maybe it is a specific Craftworld book, like Iyanden. Guess we'll find out in the next few days.

Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

Eldar coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar coming   Eldar coming I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13 2015, 10:04

I think it's a totally new dex and not a supplement as they removed both Codex from GW site. (And Jet bikes)

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Ispa
Hellion
Ispa

Eldar coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar coming   Eldar coming I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13 2015, 23:32

So now that they are coming...what are we expecting?

Probably the obvious Holofield change that Harlies got?

what are they going to do to the wave serpents?

Wych

Eldar coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar coming   Eldar coming I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14 2015, 05:45

Madden Football comes out every year at $60/year and there are people that pay full price every year. With an increased release date on older armies, I expect the new models will be relatively few. Plus, with an emphasis on IP, the Eldar and Space Marines are bound to be replaced. I doubt the other armies will all be on a two year cycle.
Back to top Go down
average joe
Kabalite Warrior
average joe

Eldar coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar coming   Eldar coming I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14 2015, 18:48

I assume GW has a number of valid reasons to increase the frequency of major releases for 40k.  I would imagine to some degree IP has provided impetus for this new schedule. However I see it more to do with the change in retail sales of hobby gaming more than any other consideration.  Unfortunately it exacerbates my difficulties with this game in particular.  Even at my casual level of play now a days I'm finding it a very difficult choice to allocate my hobby resources to 40k.  Sadly for me the game no longer has the same return on investment.  It's become too costly and too time consuming compared to my other gaming options.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

Eldar coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar coming   Eldar coming I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15 2015, 08:24

A problem I'm having is that it's becoming much more difficult to keep up to date with the capabilities of other armies, which puts me off the idea of tournament play. Weirdly (for them, and obviously unintentionally), it seems to encourage the use of forums to find out about these things, as the normal GW tactic of spewing hyperbole about what this shiny new thing does is obviously never to be relied upon!

Kabalite Warrior
Caldria

Eldar coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar coming   Eldar coming I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15 2015, 12:33

I'm sure its nothing to freak out about - 6th edition had a short shelf life - that's it... GW is now just bringing everything up to 7th's level to finally have their first edition beyond rogue trader where everything is on the same level. Everything being updated to 7th edition. Unless 7th edition also only has a 2 year shelf life I'm pretty sure 7th ed codices are here to stay for a while now.

I'm glad they are updating the codices faster than ever before - it sucked having a 4th ed codex while 6th ed was in action. Now all codices will soon be 7th ed IN 7th ed... which is how it should be.
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

Eldar coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar coming   Eldar coming I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15 2015, 16:52

Known facts:

Windrider jetbike stays the same stat and pointwise, EVERY jetbike can get a shurikan cannon or a scatter laser.
Every Distortion weapon (Wraithguard, Wraithknight, Warpcannon) is a Destroyer Weapon now.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

Eldar coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar coming   Eldar coming I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15 2015, 16:59

Klaivex Charondyr wrote:
Known facts:

Windrider jetbike stays the same stat and pointwise, EVERY jetbike can get a shurikan cannon or a scatter laser.
Every Distortion weapon (Wraithguard, Wraithknight, Warpcannon) is a Destroyer Weapon now.

Facts? No.

They are statements made by those who allege they have a copy of this coming week's White Dwarf.

Now I'm not stating that they're incorrect, but just that we do not, at this stage, know that those things being reported are fact.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

Eldar coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar coming   Eldar coming I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15 2015, 17:16

*sigh*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VhSOv3MjHE0

http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=211406&d=1429088156

I know... all fake... no facts
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

Eldar coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar coming   Eldar coming I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15 2015, 18:33

Yup, those are all real.

It's going to be interesting to see what kind of stuff they're going to change. The Wave Serpent and Holo-fields will definitely be changed; losing the Serpent Shield's ability to shoot and streamlining Holo-fields to match the Harlequins. Scatter-laser also lost Laser-lock in its special rules.

Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

Eldar coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar coming   Eldar coming I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15 2015, 18:37

I could imagine the Serpent keeping its shiled but getting rid of the random shots making it 3 (or 4).
The loss of Laserlock already toned the serpent down quite a bit and depending on the detachment boni it will even get more expensive if you do not stick to CAD
Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

Eldar coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar coming   Eldar coming I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15 2015, 19:08

Fields will match the harlequins. Also probable that harlies will leave the book. I predict we'll see people spamming jetbikes left, right and centre... for the price they're already absurd, and getting better - must have new models coming! I think banshees will get grenades, as that's all they really need to make them usable - that, or some kind of wargear that lets them assault from a transport. Serpent shield won't change at all, despite it being busted in half - GW won't acknowledge the problem. That, or the range will get shortened to 6" and have the ignominy of being a typo that took 2 years to correct Razz

Hekatrix
HERO

Eldar coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar coming   Eldar coming I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15 2015, 19:38

Check it out, there's a formation for 3 Crimson Hunters called Crimson Death.

I smell a points decrease and buff coming!

Kabalite Warrior
Finn

Eldar coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar coming   Eldar coming I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15 2015, 20:59

This is getting funnier and funnier. And the outrage I'm seeing everywhere is hilarious Smile

egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

Eldar coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar coming   Eldar coming I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15 2015, 21:13

The fact is that I can field multiple formations of Farseer/2x 6 Jetbikes w/Scatterlasers/WraithKnight with D-weapons
Makes me sad. Scatterlaser jetbikes that move like they do with jink is just sick. D-weapon Wraithknight with range is just making it that much worse.

Rock.
Back to top Go down
Finn
Kabalite Warrior
Finn

Eldar coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar coming   Eldar coming I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15 2015, 21:16

In a perverse way the new Eldar dex is making my MSU Dark Eldar stronger.

The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

Eldar coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar coming   Eldar coming I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15 2015, 21:26

Klaivex Charondyr wrote:
*sigh*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VhSOv3MjHE0

http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=211406&d=1429088156

I know... all fake... no facts

I hadn't seen these, just the translated quotes from French WD.

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

Eldar coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar coming   Eldar coming I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15 2015, 23:17

egorey wrote:
The fact is that I can field multiple formations of Farseer/2x 6 Jetbikes w/Scatterlasers/WraithKnight with D-weapons
Makes me sad. Scatterlaser jetbikes that move like they do with jink is just sick. D-weapon Wraithknight with range is just making it that much worse.

Wraithknight is significantly more bearable if it moves to a LoW slot. Problem is, that'll hack off the players that have 3 and GW won't sell as many. It's good in heavy support, but as a Gargantuan Creature it's downright broken anywhere but the LoW slot.

The Duck of Death
egorey

Eldar coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar coming   Eldar coming I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16 2015, 00:26

Just cheese.  I'd have Jetbikes in various Swiss, American, Feta, and Havarti formations. My Farseer and Warlocks will specialize in Cheddarmancy. My Wraithbrie units will be share their D-lightful capabilities.

To summarize ...

-The Jetbike entry is exactly the same as the current codex except that every model may now take a Shuriken Cannon/Scatter Laser for the current cost of a Shuriken Cannon upgrade.
-Distort weapons now have the destroyer rule. Heavy Wraithcannons, Wraithcannons and D-Cannons will have Destroyer.
-The Wraithknight is now a Gargantuan Creature and its Wraithsword is a SD weapon that strikes at initiative order.
-Warlocks are now standard unit upgrades for Jetbikes
-Shruiken weapons and the Scatter Laser have the same stats as they do currently. Bladestorm is the same and Laser Lock is gone.

Rock.
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

Eldar coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar coming   Eldar coming I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16 2015, 07:11

2 WWP Archons with 2 units of Wraithguard flamers. Twisted Evil

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

Eldar coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar coming   Eldar coming I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16 2015, 08:25

I'm wondering/hoping therefore if the distort rule is going to be less common. I'm not gonna jump on the bandwagon shouting broken just yet, but if every unit of wraithguard can bring a destroyer weapon then that seems like overkill.

I did note a little bit of text on one of the WD pages in the vid review, which seemed to suggest that the wraithsword was only a D-weapon when wielded by the wraithknight (and not the wraithlord).

I think that until we see the codex we're shooting a little blind, though I have to say I'm disappointed that jetbikes retained their 3+ armour save and stayed in the Troops slot - it would have made more sense to make a Saim Hann formation that made you take several units of them if they wanted to go down that route. I can't see them putting marine bikes in the Troops section, and I'm struggling to see the difference between the two (by which I mean they're both basic infantry units on bikes as opposed to say shining spears)

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

Eldar coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar coming   Eldar coming I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16 2015, 10:26

Quote :
I have to say I'm disappointed that jetbikes retained their 3+ armour save and stayed in the Troops slot

It doesn't really matter if they are troops or not as 3+ are mandatory for the prime detachment anyways. So unless you want to go CAD and not get the detachment bonus (which is quite good in comparable detachments in daemonkin and necrons) it does not matter which solt they are as you get multiples anyways and ObSec only works in CAD.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

Eldar coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar coming   Eldar coming I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16 2015, 11:13

It's more the combination of the jetbikes getting a better armour save boost than any other bike unit (guardian armour save is 5+ iirc?) and the fact that the 'troops' slot is meant to represent the units that make up the majority of the army, which with the exception of Saim Hann, jetbikes don't do in the Eldar background.

Now as it happens, I'm a supporter of the idea that certain choices should move the battlefield role of a unit, i think it makes for more characterful army selection (for example take Astaroth and Death Company become Troops, or as currently is the case take a bike captain and bikes become troops). The issue they've always had is that it 'complicates' army selection. What would be more characterful though than (again, for example) a jump pack wearing captain of the space marines commanding a force chosen from the 8th company all also wearing jump packs (I know it can be done with unbound, but I also know a lot of places don't allow or discourage unbound).

GW have obviously gone down a different route with the early codices in 7th, such as our codex and wracks remaining an elite choice, but allowing a wrack based army through use of the coven detachment. It's disappointing therefore that part way through the re-issuing of the codices, they've changed tack again and come up with these 'Decurion' style detachments that codices such as ours won't benefit from until the next release (assuming they've not changed their minds again by then). Granted, it remains open for them to release a dataslate setting out a detachment like this for the codices they've already updated, but I'm not holding my breath for one!

Just one final point, do we know yet what the bonuses are for the Eldar detachment? It could, in theory at least, be 'Objective Secured'.

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eldar coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar coming   Eldar coming I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldar coming
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next