THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar digital version coming soon

Go down 
+10
Darkgreen Pirate
Demagoge
Grumpy Kwi
Ruke
Gobsmakked
tlronin
The_Burning_Eye
The New AIDS
Nomic
Sky Serpent
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Dark Eldar digital version coming soon Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar digital version coming soon   Dark Eldar digital version coming soon I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04 2012, 20:59

It appears that by September we should recieve our own digital codex and painting guide.

Stickmonkey wrote:
The release schedule is a little wonky time wise, but my info tells me we should see roughly 1-3 codexes released a month, but not all are being converted...right now. Pace may be sporadic. In addition, there will be roughly 4-5 other supplements per month. (fantasy should see the same.)

Up next are BA, Necrons, GK, and DE.

I expect these by sept. as well as 6th Ed, and the new CSM book.
Notably absent...you can figure that out Wink.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar digital version coming soon   Dark Eldar digital version coming soon I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05 2012, 08:08

Digital codices is a good idea, but the execution seems flawed. The SM digital codex actually costs more than the physical copy! While having a codex in my phone would certainyl be handy, I don't think it's worth paying that much for. I think it would've been better if instead of the entire codex (which is 100+ pages for the Marines one), they'd just release the stuff you actually need in game (unit and army rules, wargear and the army list), and sell it for a reasonable price.

In any case, I'm hoeful that this leads to GW making more use of digital copies and the advantages thye bring, like being able to "patch" existing codices. Not just adding the new model released in WD in it, but fixing exiting units that are poorly balanced. Like give Incubi grenades or increase the points cost of Grey Knights.

The New AIDS
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar digital version coming soon   Dark Eldar digital version coming soon I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05 2012, 10:01

The new Space marine codex has extra stuff in it. And also contains Space Marines, which is always a big downside (hence the price).

I actually hope the digital copies are just as, if not more, expensive than their papery cousins. I don't wanna be punished for being a Bibliophile.

"Oh, these things? They're your sister's face."
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar digital version coming soon   Dark Eldar digital version coming soon I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05 2012, 11:18

The Space Marine digital codex is the same price as the paper one.

There are also rumours on Warseer that it may be coming to Android eventually.

I can't see them 'fixing' units but they should be updating them with FAQs and WD units etc.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar digital version coming soon   Dark Eldar digital version coming soon I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05 2012, 12:59

Android would be awesome!

Is it me or is it ironic that something set 38000 years in the future is only just coming to grips with mobile technology?

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar digital version coming soon   Dark Eldar digital version coming soon I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05 2012, 15:06

I'm looking forward to these 'interactive' codici. I'll tickle the Wyches and have my way with Lilith.

Oh they didn't mean that... Ah... ok. Well then it's kind of disapointing. Razz

Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar digital version coming soon   Dark Eldar digital version coming soon I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06 2012, 00:28

Cavash wrote:

Dark Eldar Codex, Contents Page:
Quote :

No part of this pulblication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior permission of the publishers.

I have deleted several messages discussing the legitimacy of downloading or scanning your own .pdf version of our codex. As noted by Cavash and others, this practice is not permitted by GW and we do not condone it in any way here on TDC, per the forum rules.

Thank you.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar digital version coming soon   Dark Eldar digital version coming soon I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06 2012, 00:38

tlronin wrote:
'm looking forward to these 'interactive' codici. I'll tickle the Wyches and have my way with Lilith.

Oh they didn't mean that... Ah... ok. Well then it's kind of disapointing.

YES!

+1xTheInterenetz

Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar digital version coming soon   Dark Eldar digital version coming soon I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13 2012, 14:46

My friend has the Space Marine one one his iPad and I was impressed on how he managed the codex. It did seem very intuitive and I can see where these digital codices would be attractive to use. One feature I was impressed by was when he was in the back of the codex where the units are listed in summary and also on the last page where all the units and weapons are listed and if you just touch the squad or weapon a second box would pop up to tell you the info on what you touched instead of having to go to the page itself to read the rule.

For example, he was looking at a space marine entry and touched "And they shall know no fear" and the rule verbatim popped up in a secondary window, no need to flip to the corresponding page. Many things were hot-keyed this way so I thought it rather useful.

I could imagine having several codices on an iPad at a local tourney thus making me way more informed about enemy armies than trying to remember or thumbing through an actual codex book. I do try to carry as little as possible at a tourney but having an iPad with all the codices and the rule book sounds interesting to at least consider (from what I have seen so far).

Probably something wrong with the idea other than the cost but we will have to wait and see.

"is that it ?" ....
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar digital version coming soon   Dark Eldar digital version coming soon I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13 2012, 15:56

I wholeheartedly agree with you Kwi. If I had the choice I would definitely buy an iPad and all the codexes and rulebooks. There is just no way I can justify the price to myself.

Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar digital version coming soon   Dark Eldar digital version coming soon I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13 2012, 20:33

Seed planted in the Mrs' mind, how about getting ourselves an iPad for Christmas...

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
Demagoge
Hellion
Demagoge

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar digital version coming soon   Dark Eldar digital version coming soon I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14 2012, 06:55

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
Seed planted in the Mrs' mind, how about getting ourselves an iPad for Christmas...

Great idea!

"Hey darling, didn´t you like that cool iPad? Shouldn´t we get one for YOU?" Very Happy

Michael

tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar digital version coming soon   Dark Eldar digital version coming soon I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14 2012, 07:26

Nicely done gentleman. It makes my withering Dark Eldar heart proud to see how you manipulate your spouse in to getting what you want. Wink

*makes notes of what to say to his wife and tries to come up with a cunning plan when to say it to her*

Demagoge
Hellion
Demagoge

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar digital version coming soon   Dark Eldar digital version coming soon I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14 2012, 12:52

Perhaps we should collect some ideas, which apps we should show our girlfriends, so that they get really desperate to buy an iPad. Wink

Michael

The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar digital version coming soon   Dark Eldar digital version coming soon I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14 2012, 13:00

Next have one they can use to browse the latest fashions apparently, making shopping easier should be quite popular I'd have thought!

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
Darkgreen Pirate
Sybarite
Darkgreen Pirate

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar digital version coming soon   Dark Eldar digital version coming soon I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14 2012, 13:43

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
Next have one they can use to browse the latest fashions apparently, making shopping easier should be quite popular I'd have thought!

I can see the email now....

"We''re sorry Mrs. Burning Eye, but the shoes you ordered are not available with haywire grenades, nor can we place them in a raider as you requested..."

In all seriousness, these codexes seem rather price intensive. That being said the interactivity level interests me most, being able to pull up info fast as Grumpy Kwi said is a huge advantage. Would make running tournaments MUCH simpler, and no more lugging multiple codexes about.

Hmmmm... the trouble and strife and I need new cell phones as the contract is up and I think I can get a new Ipad out of the deal....*grins deviuosly tenting fingers*

Firdeth
Hellion
Firdeth

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar digital version coming soon   Dark Eldar digital version coming soon I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15 2012, 10:30

I like the idea of owning this but not the idea of bringing an IPad to GW stores or tournaments...call me paranoid but I once had a character model stolen and I know a guy who lost his complete army...
It's just another thing I need to keep my eyes on.

Also, I'd have to buy an IPad and I simply cannot afford one. I do have an IPhone but that was a gift from a group of friends who took pity on my financial state Razz I just cannot see me using it that much anyway and saving up for one just for codeci and rulebooks, nah. I will stick to paper.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar digital version coming soon   Dark Eldar digital version coming soon I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15 2012, 11:09

If GW gave a free digital copy of a Codex when you buy the paper version then I would be delighted. But I will always want a paper copy and there is simply no way I am paying for it twice to have it in digital form too.

Archon Yngir
Slave
Archon Yngir

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar digital version coming soon   Dark Eldar digital version coming soon I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18 2012, 13:07

Well I hope that we do get some a little more extra content with the guide. It would be nice to have more painting ideas in it.

Back to top Go down
Allandrel
Kabalite Warrior
Allandrel

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar digital version coming soon   Dark Eldar digital version coming soon I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18 2012, 18:08

Archon Yngir wrote:
Well I hope that we do get some a little more extra content with the guide. It would be nice to have more painting ideas in it.

Yes, even just an expanded gallery showing all the painted models in the GW Studio collection would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar digital version coming soon   Dark Eldar digital version coming soon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar digital version coming soon
Page 1 of 1