THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wraith Knight ally

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Wraith Knight ally  Empty
PostSubject: Wraith Knight ally    Wraith Knight ally  I_icon_minitimeMon May 18 2015, 07:28

We are having a small campaign with friends and we are discussing the usage of Lord of War units. The chaos player on our side and the enemy Eldar player are against banning of Lord of War and against mentioning it earlier. Now I would like to teach them a lesson:

What is the easiest way to use a wraith as an ally? Without unbound of course. I want to stay as much dark Eldar as possible. And it would make a great conversion...
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Wraith Knight ally    Wraith Knight ally  I_icon_minitimeMon May 18 2015, 09:16

take a Revenant.

Or Autarch, 3 bikes and WK.
Skyrunner seer, 3 scatterbikes and a WK would be better though.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Wraith Knight ally    Wraith Knight ally  I_icon_minitimeMon May 18 2015, 09:53

Hm... There is a Detachment that uses only one knight (in addition to the Guardian core Detachment)?
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Wraith Knight ally    Wraith Knight ally  I_icon_minitimeMon May 18 2015, 10:16

Sorry, was thinking the old HS WK.

Douple CAD? Farseer skyrunner, 2 bikes and a WK
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Wraith Knight ally    Wraith Knight ally  I_icon_minitimeMon May 18 2015, 10:51

Can I actually use two CAD? One for the dark Eldar, one for the Eldar (or the wraith knight to be precise).
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Wraith Knight ally    Wraith Knight ally  I_icon_minitimeMon May 18 2015, 11:34

CptMetal wrote:
Can I actually use two CAD? One for the dark Eldar, one for the Eldar (or the wraith knight to be precise).

Yes, you don't have to use the allied detachment for allies, it just lets you take a limited number of units for a lesser 'tax' than the CAD (only 1 troops required). You can still take a CAD for allies, you just have to have that second troops unit, but with Windrider jetbikes it hardly qualifies as a 'tax'. Mad
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Wraith Knight ally    Wraith Knight ally  I_icon_minitimeMon May 18 2015, 11:45

But may I use the special Eldar detachments, so I can use the wraith knight with only three bikes and one HQ as a tax?
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Wraith Knight ally    Wraith Knight ally  I_icon_minitimeMon May 18 2015, 12:03

The only way except the CAD I find is the wraith formation. But that way I have to buy a wraith lord and guards too. Do I have to use the core guardian formation too? (sorry for double post. I'm on my phone)
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Wraith Knight ally    Wraith Knight ally  I_icon_minitimeMon May 18 2015, 13:57

Whatever formation/detachment you use, you must fulfill the basic requirements - I'm not familiar with the new Eldar formations but I understand there's one that details wraithlords and wraithguard in addition to a wraithknight. Equally as a Lord of War (I think?) the Wraithknight can't be taken as part of an allied detachment (there isn't a lord of war slot in the detachment).

If there are formations that include the wraithknight then they can be included in your army - formations specify all the units you must take.

If there is a detachment in the Eldar codex with a Lord of War slot then you can use that, but you must fulfill the minimum requirements in terms of units taken.

There is no way, to my knowledge, that you can take a Wraithknight on its own (ie without taking other Eldar units to fill out a detachment) as an ally without going unbound (but you'd need to check the Eldar codex to make sure)
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Dirtydeeds
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Wraith Knight ally    Wraith Knight ally  I_icon_minitimeMon May 18 2015, 14:56

The cheapest way to fit a Wraithknight in your Dark Eldar list is to take a double CAD like mentioned before. It'll cost a measly 202 points for 2 squads of three bikes and a Farseer without upgrades.

If you wanted to use the Wraith Host formation, you do NOT need to take one of the Battlehosts. It is a fomation in itself. However, if you took a Battle Host AND the Wraith Host, the Wraith models would get access to Battle Focus (Wraith Host Bonus) AND can run 6" every time (Any Core Host bonus). But at this point you are no longer using Dark Eldar.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Wraith Knight ally    Wraith Knight ally  I_icon_minitimeMon May 18 2015, 15:21

Crap. Thanks anyway.
Back to top Go down
helvexis
Sybarite
helvexis

PostSubject: Re: Wraith Knight ally    Wraith Knight ally  I_icon_minitimeTue May 19 2015, 01:41

id just take a revenant but they arent exactly cheap points or money wise Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wraith Knight ally    Wraith Knight ally  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wraith Knight ally
Page 1 of 1