THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Just watched Mad Max... Im obsessed, new theme

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Just watched Mad Max... Im obsessed, new theme Empty
PostSubject: Just watched Mad Max... Im obsessed, new theme   Just watched Mad Max... Im obsessed, new theme I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01 2015, 11:13

So just Watch the new Mad Max Road Fury... it was really.. AWESOME movie Smile

Well now Im obsessed.

So I wanted to change my theme to Mad Max style, Chrome/rust/desert.

Here is a "TEST" Paint, this is a test, please note that I only spent about 45min on it as a rough draft.

There are already some things I dont like and some I do like, I am going to start with a darker Silver and give it bright silver high lights, I am also going to give it a complete Wash with Earthshade (GW paint wash, its a Dark Brown). Then Add the Rust, and add more darker rust over all and more rust to the front with brighter rust closer to the front.

Also i will add MANY skulls and additional riders (they will not be glued, but will have Pole/Lances in a Jumping/throwing pose)

here are some pics of the "TEST"

Just watched Mad Max... Im obsessed, new theme Hl4mhTx

Just watched Mad Max... Im obsessed, new theme MBAjcXa

Please give me ANY HELPFUL changes/tips or add any Ideas to make it more Road Warrior like.
Back to top Go down
Ispa
Hellion
Ispa

PostSubject: Re: Just watched Mad Max... Im obsessed, new theme   Just watched Mad Max... Im obsessed, new theme I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02 2015, 04:47

IMO it needs another colour to make it all pop a bit....first thought was some blood splatter, but i think it would blend in way to much with the rust theme.

Maybe some engine glows (either a red/yellow glow or the usual blue/white)

either way i like what you have done....reminds me a little of the Reapers from firefly.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Just watched Mad Max... Im obsessed, new theme   Just watched Mad Max... Im obsessed, new theme I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02 2015, 08:50

Ispa wrote:
IMO it needs another colour to make it all pop a bit....first thought was some blood splatter, but i think it would blend in way to much with the rust theme.

Maybe some engine glows (either a red/yellow glow or the usual blue/white)

either way i like what you have done....reminds me a little of the Reapers from firefly.

I feel the same with another Color, I was hoping a Darker silver then some bright silver highlights would do it.

But if you have any Ideas let me know.
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: Just watched Mad Max... Im obsessed, new theme   Just watched Mad Max... Im obsessed, new theme I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02 2015, 08:56

Could have strapped bodies to the hull and paint them in popping colours? Lots of work but would look awesome.

Really like the look now to be honest, but nothing wrong with striving for that extra awesome!
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Just watched Mad Max... Im obsessed, new theme   Just watched Mad Max... Im obsessed, new theme I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02 2015, 09:45

Dragontree wrote:
Could have strapped bodies to the hull and paint them in popping colours? Lots of work but would look awesome.

Really like the look now to be honest, but nothing wrong with striving for that extra awesome!

On some of the vehicles I was going to Add extra Wyches/warriors with Poles/pikes and I was thinking of adding Some IG "Blood Bags" to the front of a couple. (Blood bags are ppl used to drain blood out of them, they chain them up and take there blood)

Any more ideas. Keep them coming.
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

PostSubject: Re: Just watched Mad Max... Im obsessed, new theme   Just watched Mad Max... Im obsessed, new theme I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04 2015, 03:21

Yup, the movie is great. The paint job you're doing is very well done already, I really don't see how another color would really help. If you're dead set on it tho, I would suggest really faded black mostly towards the rear of the venom. I would also suggest getting some skeletons and zombies to make the blood bags out of and with the reaver pics in the Serenity movie as reference, shouldbe a cinch.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Just watched Mad Max... Im obsessed, new theme   Just watched Mad Max... Im obsessed, new theme I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04 2015, 04:28

Ok, So who knows the Archon Qu Story? The Blood bag will be an Archon on the Front of a Venom then my Archon I will use will be the Rebal Girl from the movie AKA Qu's Daughter that Vect does stuff too.....

XD

Black Death wrote:
Yup, the movie is great. The paint job you're doing is very well done already, I really don't see how another color would really help. If you're dead set on it tho, I would suggest really faded black mostly towards the rear of the venom. I would also suggest getting some skeletons and zombies to make the blood bags out of and with the reaver pics in the Serenity movie as reference, shouldbe a cinch.

Ty and I am getting some Zombies/skeletons I think too, thats a good idea.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Just watched Mad Max... Im obsessed, new theme   Just watched Mad Max... Im obsessed, new theme I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07 2015, 12:13

Please continue this at > http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12359-wip-mad-max-theme-de-coven-harlequins#138546

If a Mod wanted o deleted this topic in General Discussion they may (b.c It wil posted in the proper place now) sorry for any inconvenience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just watched Mad Max... Im obsessed, new theme   Just watched Mad Max... Im obsessed, new theme I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just watched Mad Max... Im obsessed, new theme
Page 1 of 1