THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Any chance of an inverted theme?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Any chance of an inverted theme? Empty
PostSubject: Any chance of an inverted theme?   Any chance of an inverted theme? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15 2012, 20:16

Hello.

I just registered here, have contributed nothing, and am already making demands. Blame Tordeck (2/2 posts so far I've been able to say that!).

As much as the forum theme looks nice (I love the logo too), I am one of those people who gets massive eye strain when trying to read white text on a dark background. The other forum I inhabit (Warseer) thankfully still has the default vBulletin skin installed which I use, but sadly I can't find any way of changing the theme here.

Is it possible to reactive the default phpBB theme (which is very easy on my eyes)? Obviously keep the custom one as the default, but provide a way for people to switch. One of the main reasons I've held off joining this forum was this very issue, but Tordeck mentioned to me (now you see why he is to blame!) that somebody was working on the skins at the moment and that I should put the request in Smile

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Any chance of an inverted theme?   Any chance of an inverted theme? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2012, 08:58

I can't see the option in my profile to change to another skin, can you?

I'll be looking into getting a black on white, work friendly one done very soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Levitas
Kabalite Warrior
Levitas

PostSubject: Re: Any chance of an inverted theme?   Any chance of an inverted theme? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2012, 16:10

I'd like that option too! Cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Any chance of an inverted theme?   Any chance of an inverted theme? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18 2012, 08:35

Noted - will look into it over the next week.
Back to top Go down
Verbal Underbelly
Slave
Verbal Underbelly

PostSubject: On Screen Legibility    Any chance of an inverted theme? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16 2012, 21:18

Hello, when reading this forum my eyes tend to kind of spaz out after a while. This is because reading small, reversed out text (light text on a dark background), causes eye fatigue. This is additionally compounded by on screen resolution (72dpi) when compared to printed media (usually 300 dpi).

Would it be possible to incorporate an option to view this forum on a light background with dark text please?

Kindest regards,
Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.fluidfour.com
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Any chance of an inverted theme?   Any chance of an inverted theme? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16 2012, 21:43

Merged duplicate topic.

I really, really want to make this happen but unfortunately it is not possible with Forumotion.

There is a way around it that involves using lots of java and css scripts which I researched but I have no expertise whatsoever in this area.

I'm open to all suggestions with ways around this. Personally I don't like the idea of bigger texts or changing the colours but I will always leave that open for debate.

Sky.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any chance of an inverted theme?   Any chance of an inverted theme? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any chance of an inverted theme?
Page 1 of 1