THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Our Codex: What edition

Go down 
+19
Raven Cowl
sweetbacon
The Strange Dark One
HERO
Skulnbonz
The PayneTrayn
megatrons2nd
Vasara
Jimsolo
JackKnife01
The Shredder
Klaivex Charondyr
Azdrubael
Barking Agatha
@miral
Squidmaster
The_Burning_Eye
PriorofDeath
Count Adhemar
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
PriorofDeath
Hellion
PriorofDeath

Our Codex: What edition Empty
PostSubject: Our Codex: What edition   Our Codex: What edition I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10 2015, 15:30

I'm very new to the game and don't have my codex around with me to check, but do we have a 7ed codex currently? With all the new awesome codexes being released should I keep my hopes up for a new Dex?
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex: What edition   Our Codex: What edition I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10 2015, 15:34

We already have a 7th edition dex and it is currently widley regarded as one of the weakest armies around (on par with CSM, Dark Angels and Imperial Guard)
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex: What edition   Our Codex: What edition I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10 2015, 15:34

We do have a 7e codex. 7e was released in May 2014 and our codex was October.
Back to top Go down
PriorofDeath
Hellion
PriorofDeath

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex: What edition   Our Codex: What edition I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10 2015, 15:35

That's kind of what I thought. Oh well, we should love the pain ya?
Back to top Go down
PriorofDeath
Hellion
PriorofDeath

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex: What edition   Our Codex: What edition I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10 2015, 15:36

Positive note only players in my area are CSM IG and Khorne
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex: What edition   Our Codex: What edition I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10 2015, 16:36

Weakest? I wouldn't say so.

Most difficult to play with? Probably.
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex: What edition   Our Codex: What edition I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10 2015, 17:51

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
Weakest? I wouldn't say so.

Most difficult to play with? Probably.

When did our codex get top 20 in any major tournament the last time? When even Orcs, Imperial Guard and Chaos Space Marines managed to do this?

Last edited by Klaivex Charondyr on Wed Jun 10 2015, 19:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex: What edition   Our Codex: What edition I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10 2015, 19:13

PriorofDeath wrote:
I'm very new to the game and don't have my codex around with me to check, but do we have a 7ed codex currently? With all the new awesome codexes being released should I keep my hopes up for a new Dex?

Unfortunately, ours is indeed up to date.

Perhaps you were confused by the lack of anything resembling effort on the part of the writers.  Rolling Eyes

Sorry, no Decurion-style detachment or interesting core mechanic for us - the design team was far too busy buffing eldar. And then buffing them some more. And then giving them some extra buffs just to make sure.

Don't worry though - we do have the unique Power from Pain mechanic. Which is just as fun as filling out your taxes.

Come to the Dark Side - we have stale bread.
Back to top Go down
@miral
Kabalite Warrior
@miral

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex: What edition   Our Codex: What edition I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10 2015, 19:37

Since Eldar I asked myself what would happen to those early 7th ed codices that were before Necron. There is also Blood Angels, Space Wolves and Tyranids I guess? Are those updated to a Decurion Dex shortly after 8th ed just to fill the gap until the new thing comes around with eldar, crons and SM again? Were those 6th ed dexes that were too late and got pushed into 7th? Schould those shine through supplements that crons and Eldar did not get yet? Is it "supplement or decurion"?

Just what is the idea behind those two kinds of 7th ed dexes (leaving out the "small" dexes as they are more in line which each other systemwise)?

I'd say coven with a proper decurion kind of thing would not be the worst army out there ....
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex: What edition   Our Codex: What edition I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10 2015, 19:42

I would use "weakest" in terms of quality rather than how well it does on tabletop.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
@miral
Kabalite Warrior
@miral

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex: What edition   Our Codex: What edition I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10 2015, 19:46

In that sense it is a weak dex. The Eldar rules are really fluffy and everything (except D-guns- maybe - argueable..)

DE rules are .. there .. except some few ideas that make sense. Coven again, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex: What edition   Our Codex: What edition I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10 2015, 20:56

@Priorofdeath: Not only do we have a Codex, we have a supplement: Codex: Haemonculus Covens. Arguably, most of the best stuff is in there. Smile
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex: What edition   Our Codex: What edition I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10 2015, 21:13

Quote :
I would use "weakest" in terms of quality rather than how well it does on tabletop.

Aye , true. Didnt even read it all. And i have read every bit of 5th edition codex. Very lazy and inispiring work. We still do have one of the best models Jed Goodwin ever put out on the table.

On a power level we are with Wolves, IG, Orks, BA, Nids. It seems that after those simplification doctrine has ended and bring the power doctrine began anew. Again this crap, ive seen it once already. GW never do finish cycle of all codexes with same aproach.

DA and Chaos will soon have new codexes that probably would fit power creep template.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex: What edition   Our Codex: What edition I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10 2015, 21:16

Azdrubael wrote:

On a power level we are with Wolves, IG, Orks, BA, Nids.

I'd say SWs are ahead of us (and those others), but otherwise I agree.

Azdrubael wrote:

We still do have one of the best models Jed Goodwin ever put out on the table.

Which model is that?
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex: What edition   Our Codex: What edition I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10 2015, 21:19

Quote :
Which model is that?

Kabalites, Raiders, Incubi, Metal Archon, Urien, Lelith. Also Hellions, i love them all. Incubi are my favorite probably along with metal archon.

His favorite model i even had is still Sriking Scorpion Exarch with Biting Blade. Just super cool.
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex: What edition   Our Codex: What edition I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10 2015, 21:59

The artist you are looking for is Juan Diaz.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex: What edition   Our Codex: What edition I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10 2015, 22:33

Azdrubael wrote:
Quote :
Which model is that?

Kabalites, Raiders, Incubi, Metal Archon, Urien, Lelith. Also Hellions, i love them all. Incubi are my favorite probably along with metal archon.

Yeah, those are all really nice. I love the current Mandrakes, too (though I don't know if they were by the same designer).

Is the metal Archon you're referring to the same one that got released as Finecast?

In any case, the models are one of the things that keeps me playing DE, despite their current book.
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex: What edition   Our Codex: What edition I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10 2015, 22:44

Weak in terms of rules and basically how much love GW gives us. How we play depends on a number of thongs but we do have a very high uphill battle....for starters our elites die to flamers. Talking about blaster born. Not along for much....just a 4 up armor same for archon. Inmean seriously he wouldn't buy himself better armor?
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex: What edition   Our Codex: What edition I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10 2015, 22:46

Obviously our Archons are too busy trying to remember where they last saw their venom blades to worry about armour. Wink
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex: What edition   Our Codex: What edition I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10 2015, 22:57

And the scourges are just smart, if you look at it probably one of the smarter units, as they pick up the good armor and guns
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex: What edition   Our Codex: What edition I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10 2015, 23:15

Fluffwise, they're the wealthiest. Their position in the hierarchy of Commorragh gives them a bubble of security that not even Archons enjoy.

I think Shadow and Clone fields are adequate protection, and definitely fit with the tone of the army, since DE are much greater risk-takers than human beings.

But yeah, our main Codex is...functional. You can definitely win with it, but it's an uphill battle. (No, you're never going to see it make top 20 in major tournies, but I don't think that's a fair metric. PM me if you want the page long explanation on why...)

The HC dex is better, but often outlawed by events by default. I wish Forgeworld would throw us a bone once in a while too, but that's pretty much a pipe dream at this point. I think a more realistic dream is that we will get a rules-in-box release like the Tyranids did. (Fingers crossed--Duke Sliscus!)
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex: What edition   Our Codex: What edition I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10 2015, 23:36

I think a better dream is that we don't get eliminated.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex: What edition   Our Codex: What edition I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11 2015, 01:47

Eh, hardly a chance of that. One big dex for DE, CWE, and Harlies is possible, but that'd be a plus. (Also, SOB will get the axe WAY before we do.)
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex: What edition   Our Codex: What edition I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11 2015, 08:06

I might be odd, but I like our new dex. The power from pain is a very good design (Although when my kabalites kill a unit I always expect them t some bonus Very Happy ) I wouldn't be surprised if DE went to TOP 10% in some major tournament and not as allies.

We had a Eld/DE vs DE/eld final here in our local tornament with very good tournament players playing.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex: What edition   Our Codex: What edition I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11 2015, 10:10

Jimsolo wrote:

I think Shadow and Clone fields are adequate protection, and definitely fit with the tone of the army, since DE are much greater risk-takers than human beings.  

Perhaps, but it would be nice if they weren't both overcosted.

And if the Clone Field's effect wasn't so dull and pathetic.

Vasara wrote:
I might be odd, but I like our new dex. The power from pain is a very good design

I imagine we'll have to agree to disagree on that point. I think it's a bloody awful design. Especially since it has no relation whatsoever to pain inflicted - your guys get just as much power from sod-all happening as they do from mascaraing half the enemy army in a single turn. Makes me wonder why Dark Eldar even bother with raids at all. It seems they could get all the power they'd need by swatting the nearest gnat.

What's even worse though is that it's so damn boring. There's nothing interesting or exciting about it. You might as well have a table that keeps score of your Archon's progress through his tax returns, for all the fun and involvement it offers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex: What edition   Our Codex: What edition I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our Codex: What edition
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next