THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Vehicle cover saves

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

Vehicle cover saves Empty
PostSubject: Vehicle cover saves   Vehicle cover saves I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17 2011, 14:20

Is the rule about going to ground improving your cover save by 1 only relevant for going to ground? Can a cover save be improved another way, for example if a Raider moved flat-out and was obscured by models? Or had a flickerfield? I'm guessing not, as that would confer a 2+ cover save, but thought it was worth checking!
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle cover saves   Vehicle cover saves I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17 2011, 15:55

Vehicles can't go to ground. So this rule doesn't apply, but if a vehicle is inside better are terrain, it can use this cover save, but this would be pretty rare, since 3+ terrain isn't realy common.

If there was a special rule, that would improve a cover save, vehicles could benefit from it, but I don't know any.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle cover saves   Vehicle cover saves I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18 2011, 13:18

Ah ok - I know they can't go to ground, but I thought it might work in the same way as going to ground in that it improves your save by one. I shall just stick to being super speedy!
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle cover saves   Vehicle cover saves I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18 2011, 19:59

Oh, now I get what you meant. If you have multiple saves, be it armour, invulnerability and/or cover, you always use the best one, and only this one.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle cover saves   Vehicle cover saves I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2011, 17:07

You can get a 3+ cover save, but it has to be that the model shooting (meaning the enemy's) can see your vehicle, but not a part that is in the arch it is firing at. Its complicated, but does come up (like a ML Dev being in your front arch, but only seeing a wing of a venom, not part of the front hull) Its easier to decern with Imperium vehicles, so we are against left out of luck because we are on flying stands and not boxes...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle cover saves   Vehicle cover saves I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vehicle cover saves
Page 1 of 1