THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

FW reaper and cover saves

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Brom
Wych

FW reaper and cover saves Empty
PostSubject: FW reaper and cover saves   FW reaper and cover saves I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27 2013, 15:47

So ive been looking at the reaper and the rules look like their worth a test run. For those unfamiliar with it heres a linky:
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/r/Reaper.pdf

Now my question, for those of you in the know, is how to resolve cover saves. If the target has an AV will it receive 1 cover save total for everything or 1 cover save for each haywire effect after the initial shot is resolved?

Example: I hit with the single S7 shot, my opponent rolls for cover save. From here how would you resolve it:

-if cover save is successful no further effects are applied, but if failed the s7 shot AND all haywire effects are resolved with no further cover saves

-OR-

-each haywire effect receives its own cover save attempt regardless of the success/failure of the first cover save
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: FW reaper and cover saves   FW reaper and cover saves I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27 2013, 15:59

As cover saves, like all saves, are never used to negate hits, but only wounds, glancing hits or penetrating hits each haywire effect has to be saved on its own.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: FW reaper and cover saves   FW reaper and cover saves I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27 2013, 16:24

I regularly run two of them, it's as tiri rand said above.
He has to save each glancing or penetrating hit caused by the haywire effect, imagine the beam hitting then arcing over the hull of the vehicle.
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: FW reaper and cover saves   FW reaper and cover saves I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27 2013, 16:41

Awesome thats what I was hoping for since a single roll is pretty finicky (think tau disruption pods).

On a related note how have you guys found these things in 6th with hull points?
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: FW reaper and cover saves   FW reaper and cover saves I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27 2013, 17:18

I've found them to be pretty good, if they hit they will strip more hull points than lances. The if being the big part, running eldrad as your ally enables you to give two of them twin linked which makes them pretty devastating. The large blasts against guard parking lots can be quite amusing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FW reaper and cover saves   FW reaper and cover saves I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FW reaper and cover saves
Page 1 of 1