THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Can FMC's take cover saves for the terrain they're on

Go down 
+2
Lord_Alino
doomseer11b
6 posters
AuthorMessage
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

Can FMC's take cover saves for the terrain they're on Empty
PostSubject: Can FMC's take cover saves for the terrain they're on   Can FMC's take cover saves for the terrain they're on I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05 2013, 00:43

Verbatim
Back to top Go down
https://www.twinlinkedgaming.com
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Can FMC's take cover saves for the terrain they're on   Can FMC's take cover saves for the terrain they're on I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05 2013, 06:11

if they are atleast 25% obscured, in trees, or on ruins Razz
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Can FMC's take cover saves for the terrain they're on   Can FMC's take cover saves for the terrain they're on I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05 2013, 11:08

They don't even need to be 25% obscured if they are in area terrain. Smile
Back to top Go down
Zaakath
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Can FMC's take cover saves for the terrain they're on   Can FMC's take cover saves for the terrain they're on I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05 2013, 16:17

Yes, they can. The FMC, unlike an actual flyer takes short hops and stops after each hop.
Back to top Go down
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

PostSubject: Re: Can FMC's take cover saves for the terrain they're on   Can FMC's take cover saves for the terrain they're on I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05 2013, 16:46

So.... By fluff, they're on the ground..... Annoying and OP

Edited for language. - Mush

I apologize, don't remember what word I wrote but unintentional

Last edited by doomseer11b on Tue Jun 11 2013, 01:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: Can FMC's take cover saves for the terrain they're on   Can FMC's take cover saves for the terrain they're on I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10 2013, 12:57

doomseer11b wrote:
So.... By fluff, they're on the ground..... Gay and OP

It depends on whether they're swooping or gliding. When gliding they count as Jump Monstrous Creatures. When swooping they're like flyers, they're in the air.

Either way they still get the cover save for being in area terrain as only vehicles don't.

I really can't think of any that are 'over-powered' so I don't see why this is an issue. Just because someone passed saves against you because they made use of cover doesn't make it OP, considering you probably make use of cover too.
Back to top Go down
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

PostSubject: Re: Can FMC's take cover saves for the terrain they're on   Can FMC's take cover saves for the terrain they're on I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11 2013, 01:40

To me it's OP becuz they don't just move like regular jump inf. they move 12 to 24 and can fire at full ballistic AND (in tyranid case) pop off appropriate psychic powers. AND unlike jumps, they can only be hit on 6's and still benefit from a cover save based on the terrain they're on..... That sir is ridiculous. How is that not OP??? And who in their right mind would go hovering with an FMC, as they have a 360• firing radius.

Edit: I say OP however other armies have sky fire, wwe don't, my statement is definitely bias.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Can FMC's take cover saves for the terrain they're on   Can FMC's take cover saves for the terrain they're on I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11 2013, 02:12

It's advantageous, but I'm not really sure I'd go so far as to call it OP.

Most FMCs already have a 5++ save, at that point the cover save is a meaningless point to them.
Those that lack the 5++ save tend to be the types of FMCs I'm less worried about.

Frankly, for most FMCs, I tend to use massed splinter fire due to most FMC's toughness value, so usually they already have an armor save against that in any case and the 5+ cover save remains meaningless to me. I don't waste darklight on them till I ground them, presuming I have the darklight to spare, and if I'm against Nids there are usually better darklight targets regardless (*cough*Warriors*cough*).

So, yes, it's good for them, and I'd even go so far as to say that I totally agree it's kinda dumb (though, if we really want to get into a discussion of dumb GW rules we'll be here a long time). But, no, I wouldn't call it OP.
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: Can FMC's take cover saves for the terrain they're on   Can FMC's take cover saves for the terrain they're on I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11 2013, 11:58

It's really only relevant for Tyranids. In their case it definitely isn't OP, as the standard 'Hive Tyrant with Wings and dual TL Devourers' loadout is 260pts, even more if you want Old Adversary or Hive Commander. For something so very expensive, they need cover to be worthwhile.

Also we do have Skyfire, it just comes in the form of flyers, which you need to come in after said Hive Tyrant or he'll probably blow them out of the sky.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can FMC's take cover saves for the terrain they're on   Can FMC's take cover saves for the terrain they're on I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can FMC's take cover saves for the terrain they're on
Page 1 of 1