THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Mirror of Minds

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

Mirror of Minds Empty
PostSubject: Mirror of Minds   Mirror of Minds I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2015, 03:56

Thanks to the Freakshow series written by Jimsolo, I'd like you archons to check the followings are legal.

For who's not familiar with Phantasmancy,
Quote :
Mirror of Minds is a focussed witchfire power with a range of 24". The target model and the Shadowseer both roll a D6 and add their respective Leadership values to the result. If the scores are drawn, or if the Shadowseer's score is higher, the target suffers a single Wound with no armour or cover saves allowed. Continue to repeat this process until either the target model is slain or the target model rolls a higher score than the Shadowseer.

I focused on the last sentence, meaning if we decrease Ld of a certain model (optimally a monstrous creature that cannot use Look Out, Sir! - seeing you Wraithknight) by 5 - not a difficult job thanks to the Freakshow - then it's a dead model as there's no way for it to exit the loop.

Does this make sense? It'd be appreciated if one can point out my logical error here.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Mirror of Minds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror of Minds   Mirror of Minds I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2015, 04:28

You are one million percent correct! Very Happy

As you mentioned, the Freakshow loves to bring this in (and with Harlequins, DE, and Covens, it's ludicrously easy to get -5) and it's a great way to kill any single model.

Assuming the power is successfully manifested, and not denied, then with a -5 modifier nothing can save the target. Abilities which bring the character back (such as the Chaos Daemons warlord trait, or Necron resurrection abilities, or Commissar Yarrick's rules) may still return them to the table, but for the scariest things on the table (Wraithknights, Gargantuan Creatures of other types, Lords of War) it's a piledriver from the top rope.

(I have successfully done this to a Bloodthirster. I don't think I've ever been closer to someone beating me to death with my own rulebook.)
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

Mirror of Minds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror of Minds   Mirror of Minds I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2015, 04:33

That's awesome! I indeed started making my own freakshow list. Hope there'd an opportunity to upload my batrep near future. Thanks, buddy!
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Mirror of Minds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror of Minds   Mirror of Minds I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2015, 11:07

INDEED!
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Mirror of Minds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror of Minds   Mirror of Minds I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2015, 11:50

I think I need the harlequin codex. Does anybody know how to convert witches to harlequins?
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

Mirror of Minds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror of Minds   Mirror of Minds I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2015, 13:41

Masks.....shuriken pistols? Well, I like that one and the Harlequins powers just on troll level alone.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Mirror of Minds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror of Minds   Mirror of Minds I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2015, 17:42

Shave the front of a wych's face off.

Glue in one of the many spare masks from the harlequin vehicle kits.

Profit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mirror of Minds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror of Minds   Mirror of Minds I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mirror of Minds
Page 1 of 1