THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

HELLIONS and assaulting

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

HELLIONS and assaulting Empty
PostSubject: HELLIONS and assaulting   HELLIONS and assaulting I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28 2013, 01:13

I know i have been posting a lot of questions, and I apologize for it. However, i just returned from overseas and have been able to play some games. Am i correct in think that if i can get within 8 inches prior to assault, and i have a PGL, this would allow us +2 to our cover saves for overwatch? As Baron would give us +1 and the PGL would give us a cumulative +2? And i also read that open ground can receive NO bonus cover saves no matter the modifier? PG 90 in the little rule book says " special rules and abilities that affect terrain do not affect open ground." does this include Barons ability? I have been playing that if on open ground he gives a 6+, and just happened to read the bold print on this. This would also include the Harlequins, correct?

editing this, i just read shrouded and stealth. rules say even in the open. could a mod delete this, sorry dont want to waste anyones time. The rules for open ground had me confused

Tony Spectacular
Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

PostSubject: Re: HELLIONS and assaulting   HELLIONS and assaulting I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28 2013, 03:03

Sadly, stealth can't stack with stealth. And you got it right about open ground. 6+. Solution: don't get caught flat footed in open ground. Use that jump move to abuse cover.

Last edited by Tony Spectacular on Thu Mar 28 2013, 03:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

PostSubject: Re: HELLIONS and assaulting   HELLIONS and assaulting I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28 2013, 03:19

well, the book clearly states for both stealth and shrouded that even in open ground you would receive blah blah. but the rule about open ground totally contradicts this. Not sure what they were referring to when saying abilities and whatnot cannot affect open ground. But yeah, sucks about the PGL and stealth, is there a reference for this just in case someone tries to pull these shenanignas on me?

Tony Spectacular
Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

PostSubject: Re: HELLIONS and assaulting   HELLIONS and assaulting I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28 2013, 03:21

No USR can stack with itself. I'm not sure of page number, but I'm sure you can find the reference.

Kabalite Warrior
Squierboy

PostSubject: Re: HELLIONS and assaulting   HELLIONS and assaulting I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28 2013, 18:40

Regarding the rule on p90 re: open ground, it clearly says that 'unless otherwise specified' ...blah blah blah...'do not affect open ground'.

This then allows for exceptions like shrouded/stealth. I suppose the rule is there to stop any possible shennanigans regarding 'move through cover' and 'ignores cover' type rules, and make it clear that 'open ground' is not just a different type of terrain.

Back to top Go down
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

PostSubject: Re: HELLIONS and assaulting   HELLIONS and assaulting I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29 2013, 15:06

Gotcha

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELLIONS and assaulting   HELLIONS and assaulting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELLIONS and assaulting
Page 1 of 1