THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Assaulting with mutliple units

Go down 
+2
Brom
Archon_Demetrious
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Archon_Demetrious
Kabalite Warrior
Archon_Demetrious

Assaulting with mutliple units  Empty
PostSubject: Assaulting with mutliple units    Assaulting with mutliple units  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12 2013, 04:20

Ok I been have this discussion for a while now. My Gw staff members keep telling me that even though I assualt one unit with multiple units my opponent has the choice of overwatching any of those units. I told them he has the right I choose not fire overwatch the first unit that charged and hope I don't make the charge and if they don't then of course he can overwatch the second unit. I just can't find the page that explains rule, so can anyone help me out thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Assaulting with mutliple units    Assaulting with mutliple units  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12 2013, 04:38

This should actually be in the rules section, but look on pg 20 of the rules under charge sub-phase..

It doesnt plainly spell it out but the sequence/order of picking a unit, resolving a charge basically means the unit has the chance to overwatch the first charger or risk not getting to OW at all, if that makes sense (and paraphrasing of course). We call it bullet catching around here.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Assaulting with mutliple units    Assaulting with mutliple units  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12 2013, 04:48

Moved the topic.

Brom has it right and it's *very explicit*.
On Page 20 note the breakdown - you declare a charge, Overwatch is resolved, you roll for the charge distance and move...and *then* you declare another charge. If it's on the same unit and that unit is now locked in assault, it can no longer fire (pg. 21)

The GW staff are probably thinking 4-5th edition when all charges were declared, officially, at the same time. Now that is no longer the case.

Demetreous has it right, and the GW staff are, as usual, a little derpy. Wink

Back to top Go down
Archon_Demetrious
Kabalite Warrior
Archon_Demetrious

PostSubject: Re: Assaulting with mutliple units    Assaulting with mutliple units  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12 2013, 04:58

Yea I thought so I showed them today that on page 20 it says one of your units and they were still arguing with that rule.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Assaulting with mutliple units    Assaulting with mutliple units  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12 2013, 05:42

::shrug::
They're wrong.

By definition close combat is when two enemy models are in base combat (page 20 - sidebar)
By definition a model cannot shoot Overwatch while in close combat (page 21)
By definition a model in close combat cannot shoot in the shooting phase either (page 28)

The only way that should allow them to 'still shoot Overwatch' if they want is if their unit and the unit now touching bases with them are not locked in close combat...and if your unit in base combat with them isn't locked in close combat...then it should be allowed to declare another charge and make that charge...it doesn't make sense. Once bases touch - you are in close combat, and Overwatch in no longer allowed because things are starting to swing swords and knives.

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Assaulting with mutliple units    Assaulting with mutliple units  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12 2013, 07:13

There's really no debate in this matter. I hate when GW staff try to use the fact that they are GW staff to win arguments, it's pathetic. Let me guess they play Tau?

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Archon_Demetrious
Kabalite Warrior
Archon_Demetrious

PostSubject: Re: Assaulting with mutliple units    Assaulting with mutliple units  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12 2013, 15:02

Yea they do.. I been playing my drazhar assualt list fr about two weeks now and no one can beat this list I even took out 3 ravagers and put another set of hwg wytches and added blastborn in a raider ... I'm the only dark eldar player in my store and I always play balls out since we are a glass cannon army.
Back to top Go down
Shrike423
Hellion
Shrike423

PostSubject: Re: Assaulting with mutliple units    Assaulting with mutliple units  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12 2013, 21:54

Mushkilla wrote:
Let me guess they play Tau?

Gosh. I hate it when people twist rules to favor their armies. Anyway Tau have enough buffs to their over watch without getting to this pick your target nonsense. It only makes sense for a tougher squad per say to absorb over watch for their weaker breathren. Well, 40k isn't meant to be realistic I suppose...Wink
Back to top Go down
El_Jairo
Kabalite Warrior
El_Jairo

PostSubject: Re: Assaulting with mutliple units    Assaulting with mutliple units  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07 2013, 12:57

That is really sad what is happening to you Demetrious. Actually it is even more sad for the people who are trying to do this because they have difficulties in winning the normal way.

Just out of curiosity: did you post your army list on-line?
I used to have a lot of difficulties vs our local Tau player (old dex) because he was a good player and knew how to get most out of his units. Was because now, with 6th, he lost a lot of interest in 40k and plays more FoW now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assaulting with mutliple units    Assaulting with mutliple units  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Assaulting with mutliple units
Page 1 of 1