THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Tourney List 1850 Storm of Blades allowed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dalamar
Sybarite

Tourney List 1850 Storm of Blades allowed Empty
PostSubject: Tourney List 1850 Storm of Blades allowed   Tourney List 1850 Storm of Blades allowed I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30 2015, 19:29

Suggestions on A Storm of Blades formation List.  here is my initial.

+++ DE (1848pts) +++

+ HQ (140pts) +

Archon (140pts)
Blaster
Venom
Splinter Cannon x2

+ Elites (180pts) +

Kabalite Trueborn (180pts)
Blaster x 4
Raider [Dark Lance, Enhanced Aethersails]

+ Troops (600pts) +

Kabalite Warriors (120pts)
Blaster x 1

Blaster x 1

Blaster x 1

Blaster x 1

Blaster x 1

+ Fast Attack (928pts) +

Reavers (146pts)
Heat lance x2
2x Cluster caltrops

Reavers (146pts)
Heat lance x2
2x Cluster caltrops

Reavers (156pts)
Arena Champion
Heat lance x2
2x Cluster caltrops

Scourges (120pts) [Scourge]
Heat lance x4

Heat lance x4

Heat lance x4

Heat lance x4
Back to top Go down
Demantiae
Sybarite
Demantiae

PostSubject: Re: Tourney List 1850 Storm of Blades allowed   Tourney List 1850 Storm of Blades allowed I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31 2015, 16:16

This is along the lines of what I want to field, though I don't feel the Blasterborn are worth it when you can take Scourge instead. One thing this list is weak against is power armour. You need more Disintegrators for that. I'd swap your Scourgs for Haywire Blasters. You can't DS those Heat Lances in this Formation (all has to be deployed together). You'll probably waste a turn of firing getting them into position. Though they would be scary vs a drop pod assault as they're already in place to melt that instantly.

You should consider throwing in an Eldar Aspect Host of Swooping Hawks. Their anit-air haywire goes very well with all the Skyfire you can pump out and they can deal very well with GEQ infantry. they also add some more anti-armour with their haywire grenades. And the bonus is you can DS them unlike your formation Scourges. Also BS5.
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Tourney List 1850 Storm of Blades allowed   Tourney List 1850 Storm of Blades allowed I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31 2015, 18:36

I wanted to try to stay all DE if I can.

I thought that you deployed normally unless the formation rules stated otherwise. So the Scourge can deepstrike. ect. ect.

Back to top Go down
Demantiae
Sybarite
Demantiae

PostSubject: Re: Tourney List 1850 Storm of Blades allowed   Tourney List 1850 Storm of Blades allowed I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01 2015, 02:37

The Formation says everything has to be deployed together and within 32" of each other. You can DS the entire lot and hope you don't get crazy scatter or you can deploy it all on table.

I'm using Scourges for my Swooping Hawks, differentiating the actual Scourges by their wing choices. I don't care if I'm using CE rules for them as far as I'm concerned they're just an elite Scourge unit. Take the Eldar units use DE models for them (make sure they can't be confused) and call them DE.

One thing though, you may as well go unbound if it's allowed. That way you can separate your Scourge to DS with and/or take Ravagers too.
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Tourney List 1850 Storm of Blades allowed   Tourney List 1850 Storm of Blades allowed I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02 2015, 15:47

Demantiae wrote:
The Formation says everything has to be deployed together and within 32" of each other. You can DS the entire lot and hope you don't get crazy scatter or you can deploy it all on table.

I think you are thinking of another formation. Storm of blades from Valedor says no such thing.
Back to top Go down
Demantiae
Sybarite
Demantiae

PostSubject: Re: Tourney List 1850 Storm of Blades allowed   Tourney List 1850 Storm of Blades allowed I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02 2015, 16:42

Well that changes things then! I do think this formation is an extremely good one to mitigating two of the DE's current weaknesses - lack of skyfire and being forced to either be fast or to shoot a lot but never both together. Apocalypse or not in the current game climate this formation is very welcome in our lists.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tourney List 1850 Storm of Blades allowed   Tourney List 1850 Storm of Blades allowed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tourney List 1850 Storm of Blades allowed
Page 1 of 1