THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1750 List Dark Eldar with Eldar

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

1750 List Dark Eldar with Eldar Empty
PostSubject: 1750 List Dark Eldar with Eldar   1750 List Dark Eldar with Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01 2015, 05:11

Hey,

I'm meant to have a game against a regular opponent of mine (CSM) in a day or 2.
Last time I played him using DE it was havoc/autocannon spam, and it was supremly frustrating. Eventually you just fail those jink saves.
His normal lists are usally something like-
Khorne Axe Lord on jugger running with spawn, cultists for objectives, a few rhino squads, helturkey (usually 2 but sometimes 3) and autocannon havocs. Maybe a helbrute with reaper too. He has a Knight too, but I havent heard about it since my Brass Scorpion tore it up a few games ago.
So instead of my usual gunboat and flyer list, I thought I'd try out some Eldar allies (That I just finished repainting) and a Grotesquerie (never tried) backed up by usual stuff.
I'm after refinement mainly.

Dark Eldar

HQ
Llhamean

Troops
Kabalite Warriors_ x5, 1 blaster in Venom with dual SC
Kabalite Warriors_ x5, 1 blaster in Venom with dual SC

Fast Attack
Venom_ Dual SC

Heavy Support
Ravager_ 3 Dark Lances
Ravager_ 3 Dark Lances

Grotesquerie

Haemonculus_ Sindriqs Sump

Grots_ x3 in Raider with Aether Sails

Grots_ x3 (Aberration with Agonsiser) in Raider with Aether Sails

Eldar

Jain Zar

Dire Avengers_ x5 (Exarch with Diresword)
Windriders_ x5 all with scatter lasers

Wraithknight_ Ghostglaive, Scatterlaser

I'm hoping that with the Wraithknight and Grots coming straight at him, he'll split shooting and hurt nothing. Once the 'knight and grots (1 squad with Jain Zar) get into CC they should just blender their way through his guys.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: 1750 List Dark Eldar with Eldar   1750 List Dark Eldar with Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01 2015, 08:17

The grotesquerie is great! The more, the better! And against chaos Marines the agoniser in that squad is worth more then gold! Those guys will either kill everything or soak so much firepower of your enemy. Can you bump the grotesques to four and five dudes? Or make one squad really really big and WWP them in. Additionally, chaos Marines are vulnerable to freakshow tactics. So a freakshow bomb will devastate his havoc units!
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: 1750 List Dark Eldar with Eldar   1750 List Dark Eldar with Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01 2015, 08:33

I'm short on Grots unfortunately. I got 3 built and painted, actually building the 2nd squad right now to hopefully have them ready.

I'm hoping that the Grot squad combined with Jain Zar (War Shout -2 Ld) will do some heavy damage.
Although Chaos Lords are fearless, Jain Zar should have no trouble with him.
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 1750 List Dark Eldar with Eldar   1750 List Dark Eldar with Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01 2015, 15:24

I'm partial to fuegan but the banshee lady looks cool too.

Since this is refinement stage my only comment is on the bare grots. Knowing you'll face marines I think the exarch + diresword would be much better off as another aberration with agonizer for the bare squad. IME 3 is a little small anyway but manageable in lower levels and with a combat character. At higher levels without either and vs 3+ or better armour they might struggle.
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: 1750 List Dark Eldar with Eldar   1750 List Dark Eldar with Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01 2015, 16:10

@Brom - I seem to remember you being one of the few with actual experience uding Phoenix Lords, Brom.
I'm rather looking forward to seeing Jain Zar perform. The combination of her weapons, disarming strike and war shout should be lethal.

I'll have a think about changing the grot squad, main reason I was using exarch+sword coz thats what I painted.
Which is pretty much the explanation behind alot of my list

Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 1750 List Dark Eldar with Eldar   1750 List Dark Eldar with Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01 2015, 17:02

Quote :
I seem to remember you being one of the few with actual experience uding Phoenix Lords, Brom.
I'm rather looking forward to seeing Jain Zar perform. The combination of her weapons, disarming strike and war shout should be lethal.
Ya I've done pretty extensive gaming with phoenix lords usually + grotesques. All bring quite a bit to a grot squad with my favorites being fuegan followed by asurmen. The latter is a fantastic wound soak and challenger. The former is slightly less resilient but makes up for it with his all round utility insane gun and armourbane cc weapon. Incidentally it depends on how your group is playing the 'unsaved wounds' thing (I'm talking across the spectrum) but here if an unsaved wound is caused then all abilities trigger and resolve.. FNP, direswords, etc including fuegans ability. So if he suffers an unsaved wound his ability triggers along with FNP meaning he can get pretty nasty with increased strength and attacks. Think kharn on steroids..

Quote :
I'll have a think about changing the grot squad, main reason I was using exarch+sword coz thats what I painted.
Which is pretty much the explanation behind alot of my list
Makes sense, I try to adhere to that myself although I don't catch any flak for proxying things while I'm deciding if they are worth modeling and painting.
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: 1750 List Dark Eldar with Eldar   1750 List Dark Eldar with Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03 2015, 05:25

So played game, and ended up getting the win.
He brought a weird list- Imperial Knight, 3 maulerfiends, 2 heldrakes, 2 helcult formations (1 helbrute 2 cultists squads in each) a whole bunch of cultists and a nurgle lord.
Needless to say I was light on AT for the match.
My grots got S6, but all got chewed up by maulerfiends. The wraithknight did most of the the heavy lifting, and venoms killed alot of cultists. Ravagers did okay too, glancing and stripping wounds. Jain Zar got smashed by the nurgle lord (fluffed all my rolls and then FORGOT disarming strike) but the Lord lost his last wound to a lucky blaster shot.
Not a satisfying game by any stretch.

@brom - I think I'll look into getting Fuegan, so annoying being against walkers and not being able to hurt them. Would've loved that melta axe of his.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1750 List Dark Eldar with Eldar   1750 List Dark Eldar with Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1750 List Dark Eldar with Eldar
Page 1 of 1