THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

cult of exquisit sighs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ebonhart
Kabalite Warrior
Ebonhart

cult of exquisit sighs Empty
PostSubject: cult of exquisit sighs   cult of exquisit sighs I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27 2011, 22:56

hey guys, this is going to be my general dark eldar log, but the cult is the only ones who have a name. i'm just wondering though, how did those of you who made their own kabals and cults make their icons? i'm comming up with little.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: cult of exquisit sighs   cult of exquisit sighs I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27 2011, 23:21

Look at existing Kabal emblems. Most times they are simple shapes that either have meaning (like Obsidian Rose) or nothing at all (Cult of Strife). Best source of "random" ones:
http://www.google.pl/search?um=1&hl=pl&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:pl:official&biw=1366&bih=609&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=HUqCTtePE4bRsgbpzfCzDg&ved=0CDkQvwUoAQ&q=tribal+tattoo&spell=1

Also few with meaning there (you need to specify, like "tribal tattoo scorpion" in my case).

Then colour desired shape with gradient, add (or not) simple geometric background and...

cult of exquisit sighs Scorpi10

Spesh Scorpionsh!
(my zodiac sign, first thing I could think)

That one took me literally 7 minutes, including searching for good picture. Crappy quality but hell...

Hope that will help You. I've used Photoshop (colouring black scorpion and overlaying it with black. I also made red circle in lower layer) and MS paint (as "clip board" and save program, hence quality.).

[edit]
reuploaded as .PNG file, hence it's partialy transparent. And looks better.
Still need some work tho to make it look good.
Back to top Go down
Ebonhart
Kabalite Warrior
Ebonhart

PostSubject: Re: cult of exquisit sighs   cult of exquisit sighs I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27 2011, 23:36

i heard something about printable trasfer sheets ever use them?
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: cult of exquisit sighs   cult of exquisit sighs I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27 2011, 23:55

Sadly, no. Didn't have paper (tho I have "instant tattoo" samples, "looted" about 50x2 A5 sheets packages Razz) and reason for that.

If I'm correct BoLS may have tutorial.

[edit]
Yes, they have.

I guess LuckyNo.5 may be reliable source of informations, since he have coolest Raider sails around, made with decals.

cult of exquisit sighs DE_Ravager_7

[edit 2]
Oh. Paper I have IS decal paper ("clear" one). How... convinient Smile
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: cult of exquisit sighs   cult of exquisit sighs I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 00:59

Ebonhart wrote:
i'm just wondering though, how did those of you who made their own kabals and cults make their icons? i'm comming up with little.
My Kabal/Noble House's symbol is based off Craftworld Iyanden's symbol of the ever-burning altar of Asuryan. I liked using symbology that tied Eldar to Dark Eldar - and basically used the Iyanden symbol because I liked the look of it, and a tie in to a Craftworld whose name means 'Light in Darkness' worked for me considering the nature of light and shadow and Dark Eldar's shadowy home realm.

In any case - I create my symbols by using Iyanden transfer decals - and then painting over them with the colors of my Kabal and adding a few switches (the altar becomes more jagged and spikey - as befits DE) Also, by painting over it I remove the old 'decal glare' issue.

Here's a glance at it;

cult of exquisit sighs 101731_sm-Army%2C%20Army%20Profile%2C%20Dark%20Eldar%2C%20De
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: cult of exquisit sighs   cult of exquisit sighs I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 01:14

Not quite sure if the "decal glare" (I think it's silvering?) isn't caused by impropertly applied decals.

But that's also pretty damn good idea Thor.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: cult of exquisit sighs   cult of exquisit sighs I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 01:26

By glare I specifically mean - the glare of light off them - if that's what you mean by silvering, than maybe I need to put them on better - but I'm pretty sure you're thinking something else.
Back to top Go down
Ebonhart
Kabalite Warrior
Ebonhart

PostSubject: Re: cult of exquisit sighs   cult of exquisit sighs I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 14:02

just noticed that i posted this in the wrong forum, can a muse move this to the project log forum?

[L_O]
Can do.
Back to top Go down
xzandrate
Kabalite Warrior
xzandrate

PostSubject: Re: cult of exquisit sighs   cult of exquisit sighs I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 21:25

Using an existing symbol is very much a good starting point. As local_ork suggested, google search for tattoo symbols often gives the most artistic and jagged interpretations of the symbols.

Norse symbols, celtic, and kanji are all great tatoo launching points to start looking as well.

My own avatar is the triple horn of odin, but obviously works very well for three talons, or claws for a Coven or kabal symbol.

Edit: almost forgot alchemical symbols, slightly more complex and rounded usually, but you could easily pervert them.
Back to top Go down
Ebonhart
Kabalite Warrior
Ebonhart

PostSubject: Re: cult of exquisit sighs   cult of exquisit sighs I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2012, 20:22

this is long overdue but going along with the Archon's challenge here is my army's HQ addition(s):
starting with the cult of exquisite sighs leader Succubus Iolite

cult of exquisit sighs Dscn2022

the cult's color is purple, since they work mostly with the kabal of :cough::mumble::cough:, who's color is red, the armored bits are red.

speaking of the kabal of :cough::mumble::cough::cough: here is their Archon and my name sake Archon Ebonhart.

cult of exquisit sighs Dscn2023

and finally for the coven... not even going to pretend they have a name. their leader the ancient Haemonculi Sinestra (as seen in the Archon's challenge)

cult of exquisit sighs Dscn2014
Back to top Go down
Ebonhart
Kabalite Warrior
Ebonhart

PostSubject: Re: cult of exquisit sighs   cult of exquisit sighs I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2012, 20:25

space reserved for second in command (if i ever need a second HQ).
finally got around to taking pictures (not to mention the actual painting)
here they are!

cult of exquisit sighs P1020911

2 hemonculi, a succubus, and a blaster archon.

Last edited by Ebonhart on Sun Sep 02 2012, 20:59; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : FINALLY PICTURES!)
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: cult of exquisit sighs   cult of exquisit sighs I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11 2012, 21:38

My icon came from a Kamelot album, the black halo. I like one of the songs so much I took the album title for my kabal.

Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Ebonhart
Kabalite Warrior
Ebonhart

PostSubject: Re: cult of exquisit sighs   cult of exquisit sighs I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20 2012, 21:28

here is an update, i finished a group of wyches a while ago and i lost the pic on my computer somewhere... i also got in a shipment of stuff wracks and a soon to be converted group of grotesques (see below). and thanks to a page on warseer that i can no longer find i am in full favor of useing Privateer press's Legion of Everblight War spears as grotesques they are larger than wracks and 3 of 5 don't come with heads attached, makes life a little simpler.

cult of exquisit sighs Dscn2024

cult of exquisit sighs Dscn2026

wrack - grotesque ~ scale. they have alot of work to get done before they're done, I'm going to try to green(grey) stuff model them... we'll see how that goes, never modeled before.

cult of exquisit sighs Dscn2027

Last edited by Ebonhart on Sat Jan 21 2012, 07:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : found the pics)
Back to top Go down
Ebonhart
Kabalite Warrior
Ebonhart

PostSubject: Re: cult of exquisit sighs   cult of exquisit sighs I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02 2012, 21:16

in other news, theres a bloody Coup (name revamp going) on, and i've been messing with the icon free handed for the kabal of the envenomed heart... their ok, but its not staying, i am not repainting everything in a green scheme.

cult of exquisit sighs P1030011

so the kabal leaders are from the blood of the black dragon kabal, or in eldar(eleven according to the site i was useing): Auvrea Korka

the cult has been over taken by a different cult faction scared to the crescent moon: Norre DuMitore (fun history note: the wyches follow the eldar hero who Khaine killed for being to powerful...or something)

and the coven is now run by the Heirs of the forgotten ways: Ousseaghymn

here is the army so far:

cult of exquisit sighs P1030010

the beastmasters(hellions) don't have a close-up due to not having them and their beasts complete.

also some pain tokens:

cult of exquisit sighs P1030012

Last edited by Ebonhart on Sun Sep 02 2012, 21:30; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot about some models)
Back to top Go down
Ebonhart
Kabalite Warrior
Ebonhart

PostSubject: Re: cult of exquisit sighs   cult of exquisit sighs I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02 2012, 21:26

and because my brain isn't working i forgot to post the outcome of the wracks. i didn't get a chance to paint them i moved to San Francisco for a month to look for work. now that i'm back in Michigan i finished them.

cult of exquisit sighs P1030013

also borrowed a different camera. so no more blue tint.
Back to top Go down
Ebonhart
Kabalite Warrior
Ebonhart

PostSubject: Re: cult of exquisit sighs   cult of exquisit sighs I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2012, 01:55

so i got pretty far on my gortesques conversions, and i got all excite. here's a WIP. i think their pretty cool and about the same size as gw ones.

cult of exquisit sighs P1030016
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cult of exquisit sighs   cult of exquisit sighs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cult of exquisit sighs
Page 1 of 1