THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dealing with fliers

Go down 
+4
Mushkilla
nexs
Taffy10
Lord_Alino
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Dealing with fliers Empty
PostSubject: Dealing with fliers   Dealing with fliers I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16 2015, 01:03

So, how do we deal with fliers? Just bring a Voidraven or razorwings? I have no idea.
Back to top Go down
Taffy10
Hellion
Taffy10

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with fliers   Dealing with fliers I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16 2015, 01:07

Pretty much, my other only way of dealing with them is junking raiders (with lances or blaster born that moved 12" in a venom) as they are snapping anyway. I usually just try to out manoeuvre them but vs cwe this is almost impossible
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with fliers   Dealing with fliers I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16 2015, 01:14

Without a razorwing, the Skyfire nexus.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with fliers   Dealing with fliers I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16 2015, 01:28

Well I'm trying to build up to 1500. So should I run 1 or 2 Razorwings?
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with fliers   Dealing with fliers I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16 2015, 01:43

I guess it's depending on what else you have in your list, how you like to play, what armies you're likely to play against and whether you like them or not.

If you're taking it just for flier fighting, and don't care about the blasts vs ground, the voidraven with void lances has some real firepower, the razorwings are all rounders and I like them more, so i use mine more (i only own 1)
If you have 2, give them a try and see if it suits you or not
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with fliers   Dealing with fliers I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16 2015, 02:01

Well I just got my friend into the game and he plans to run flying croissants of doom (necrons)
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with fliers   Dealing with fliers I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16 2015, 02:09

I guess it comes down to what you feel like. Fliers will definitely come in handy!
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with fliers   Dealing with fliers I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16 2015, 02:28

Nothing like fighting 3 doomscythes and 6+ nightscythes
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with fliers   Dealing with fliers I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16 2015, 02:42

how many points are you playing? that sounds like an unreasonable amount of fliers for a regular game.
However, if they're spending points on fliers, they aren't spending points on a decurion detatchment and the other nasties in their book
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with fliers   Dealing with fliers I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16 2015, 03:21

That was just a joke example. We'll probably do 1500 points regularly
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with fliers   Dealing with fliers I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16 2015, 03:34

l lile to deal with flyers by grabbing my opponent's army by the belt.

Fight in your opponents deployment zone so that when they come in from the table edge they fly over you and can't shoot you.

After that just try to stay out of their front arc or within 18" of them. Again this is so they have to fly over you and can't shoot you.

Getting locked in combat also prevents flyers from shooting you. Or staying near to his units in the case of flyers with blast and area effect weapons also helps due to the risk of friendly fire.

Anything that gets caught out should go to ground or jink. Snap fire any lance weapons that would have been snapfiring anyway.

The above helps deny your opponent the context in which his flyers are strong. It effectively lets you ignore them, so that you can focuse on the mission or.the elimination of his ground forces.
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with fliers   Dealing with fliers I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16 2015, 09:24

If you follow the tips above and use the speed of the DE you don't need any fliers for AA.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with fliers   Dealing with fliers I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16 2015, 09:53

Now that the Helldrake can't shoot flame out of it's backside it's certainly a lot easier to avoid getting nuked by fliers but just be aware that advancing everything into the opponent's deployment zone is not guaranteed to keep you safe as the opponent can always just bring his fliers on at an angle, ending his move only a few inches from his own table edge. Couple of fliers from each flank doing that will be able to hit almost anything on the table.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with fliers   Dealing with fliers I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16 2015, 10:21

Remember the 45 degree up and down for flyers weapons - if you are about 9" (give or take pending the flyer and weapon location) or less infront of them they can't shoot you.

Also, given the minimum move range, you can anticipate where the flyer can move and either for them to over shoot a target or sometime even make them crash (when vector locked!)
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with fliers   Dealing with fliers I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16 2015, 23:05

Massaen wrote:
Also, given the minimum move range, you can anticipate where the flyer can move and either for them to over shoot a target or sometime even make them crash (when vector locked!)

If you should happen to stun an enemy flyer in your shooting phase, moving a vehicle or some reavers flat-out to land in the space they are going to occupy is an excellent way to seal the deal! It can be well worth holding flat out moves or even shooting from mobile candidates for flight blocking until after you've shot at their fliers.
Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with fliers   Dealing with fliers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dealing with fliers
Page 1 of 1