THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Fliers

Go down 
+2
Sky Serpent
SirTainly
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

New Fliers Empty
PostSubject: New Fliers   New Fliers I_icon_minitimeWed May 23 2012, 00:52

For those of you keeping an eye on the news, you'll have seen the new Ork, Necron and Marine fliers will be with us in 2 weeks.

Now from what I've seen of the Stormtalon, it's cheaper than the DE one, has the Aerial Assault rule, better armoured (and immune to melta). Given it's obviously a good buy, I think we'll see an abundance of them (6th I'm sure will be all about the flier meta) I expect the reserve Razorwing followed alpha-strike will be a tool in everyone's tool box, and will be generally countered wholesale. What are your thoughts for the following:

Which units will give us anti-air cover? (Razorwing?)

How can we still use our fliers to good effect if everyone has Hydras and equivalents?
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

New Fliers Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fliers   New Fliers I_icon_minitimeWed May 23 2012, 02:50

I think it's very early to say what will be good AA support as we don't know exactly what the rules will be.

My money is on the Voidraven coming good in 6th though, the Razorwing should also be able to deal with enemy fliers and I have a feeling, based on rumours, that Scourges may be good AA.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
pingualoty
Hellion
pingualoty

New Fliers Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fliers   New Fliers I_icon_minitimeWed May 23 2012, 04:09

Pics: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?336910-Autumn-of-Fliers&p=6235878&viewfull=1#post6235878

Rules: http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/flyer-sketches-and-rules-stormtalon.html

Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

New Fliers Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fliers   New Fliers I_icon_minitimeThu May 24 2012, 01:07

I've actually now seen all the new rules for the fliers - they seem pretty cheap tbh, and the guns on the orks ones are pretty nasty str 6 AP4, ass 3...

Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Ash'iq
Slave
Ash'iq

New Fliers Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fliers   New Fliers I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08 2012, 20:23

With the advent of 6th edition, I'm finding myself looking into the Voidraven more and more lately; the price of adding missiles to it is now largely voided by the fact that very few units will be able to reliably take it out (namely other fliers) and with its dual Void Lances it can make short work of those units which can.

It's Void Mine, while it can be quite situational, is also a very good answer to AV 14 vehicles in case the Dark Lances are required elsewhere in the army.

Ash'iq.

Hellion
Farmer

New Fliers Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fliers   New Fliers I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09 2012, 09:15

Hmmm, more and more i look into it im considering taking out 1 of my ravagers and adding in a voidraven instead. 3 ravagers with dark lances doesnt seem that great anymore.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

New Fliers Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fliers   New Fliers I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09 2012, 10:14

My Raiders have done more damage to vehicles that my Ravager, it's the most ridiculously unlucky thing in my list! It's NEVER destroyed a vehicle, somehow, whereas one Raider in particular has blown up a Defiler, and a Predator and knocked guns off all sorts. Maybe the Ravager will be better now it's possible to glance stuff to death...

New Fliers Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fliers   New Fliers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Fliers
Page 1 of 1