THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Soul trap question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nutcase5000
Slave
Nutcase5000

Soul trap question Empty
PostSubject: Soul trap question   Soul trap question I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20 2016, 22:47

hi started getting back into 40k and being going over the rules, now the faq for soul traps has said

"Q: If a model with a soul-trap inflicts a single unsaved Wound
with the Instant Death special rule upon an enemy character
with 3 Wounds remaining, does the bearer gain +1 Strength (for
inflicting a single unsaved Wound) or +3 Strength (for causing
the enemy character to lose 3 Wounds)?
A: It gains +1 Strength for inflicting a single unsaved Wound"

now what if a model with a soul trap inflicts 2 unsaved wounds on a charicter with 1 wound and theres no other models for the wound to be carried over. would that be 2 + str??

and what if there are other models for the wound to be carryed over? would they still count as "on the charicter" as that char rolled the saves for them?

both seem to be debataable

im pritty sure that overkill wounds on a unit count to combat resolution? or they used to?
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

Soul trap question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul trap question   Soul trap question I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21 2016, 12:48

Nutcase5000 wrote:

now what if a model with a soul trap inflicts 2 unsaved wounds on a charicter with 1 wound and theres no other models for the wound to be carried over. would that be 2 + str??

No, the excess wounds would simply be lost.

Nutcase5000 wrote:

and what if there are other models for the wound to be carryed over? would they still count as "on the charicter" as that char rolled the saves for them?

Well, for a start, that character shouldn't have rolled saves for those wounds. Unless his save is identical to the est of his squad, then you should be rolling just X saves at a time (where X is his current wounds). Or, if those wounds can ID him, just one save at a time.

That aside, no, they wouldn't count as being on that character.

However, RAW you will get +1S for each wound that carries over to another character in the squad.

Nutcase5000 wrote:

im pritty sure that overkill wounds on a unit count to combat resolution? or they used to?

Yes, that's correct.
Back to top Go down
Nutcase5000
Slave
Nutcase5000

Soul trap question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul trap question   Soul trap question I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22 2016, 04:25

thank you for ur reply,

wow they have rly nerfed the archon havent they, not even got vect in the codex to take his place (model wise) its a shame cuz of all of those insanly strong marine leaders out there, they would usealy always get killed by a archon, now hed do nothing to alot of them, we ve had op marine hqs for years, when the op archon came out i was so happy finaly some justice lol

also the errta that was released about the ID wound on a 3 wound model gains +1S due to the way ID is worded, surely defies logic seems ridiculs to me but oh well GW rly hate archons now dont they!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Soul trap question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul trap question   Soul trap question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soul trap question
Page 1 of 1