THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Soul trap and everliving?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jicklenop
Slave

Soul trap and everliving? Empty
PostSubject: Soul trap and everliving?   Soul trap and everliving? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19 2014, 23:39

Hello, I have a question regarding soul trap and necron models with the everliving special rule. I recall reading somewhere that you don't take the leadership check for soul trap until the Character fails their everliving roll. Usually when the Character would die, we would roll for everliving, then if he did not come back, would roll the leadership check to soul trap and the roll for the D6 consolidation. Well at a tournament last weekend, the person I was playing said I had to take my D6 consolidation move first before they rolled for their everliving. Is this how it should be done? And if so, then do I roll for soul trap if they fail everliving even though I have left from the area of combat?
Back to top Go down
Archon-Hidicul
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Soul trap and everliving?   Soul trap and everliving? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20 2014, 04:17

I believe your opponent was right. All the "stand up" rolls are done at the end of each phase, so you would reconsolidate, he would roll, then if failed you would roll for soul-trap. Remember though, you always have the right to ask to see the rule and accompanying FAQ.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Soul trap and everliving?   Soul trap and everliving? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20 2014, 09:47

Reanimation/Everliving rolls are made "At the end of the phase, after any Morale checks have been taken and fall back moves have been made". Consolidation occurs after that however which would mean it was simultaneous with the Everliving roll. The player whose turn it was would then decide what order the rolls are made in.

Personally I'd be quite happy to roll consolidation first. If you position your models so he cannot get within 3" of his Everliving counter without being within 1" of your models then he is destroyed anyway.

EDIT - Looking at the wording of the Soul Trap itself I'd argue that you'd get to roll for the Soul Trap as soon as the model is killed and before any Everliving roll is made. The model is still removed as a casualty and would count as killed IMO. That being said, I do seem to recall something about when models count as being killed for such purposes, but I can't find it now. Maybe it was in 5e?

Archon-Hidicul
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Soul trap and everliving?   Soul trap and everliving? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20 2014, 14:33

I remember the reference your referring to Count and I believe it was a FAQ from fifth, curious that it would be removed from current FAQs since it still applies. Although the reference to slay the warlord and models that come back from the dead may be used as precedent.
Back to top Go down
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: Soul trap and everliving?   Soul trap and everliving? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20 2014, 15:40

Count Adhemar wrote:

That being said, I do seem to recall something about when models count as being killed for such purposes, but I can't find it now. Maybe it was in 5e?
Our FAQ covers when Necrons count as dead for the sake of generating pain tokens; I imagine it would be the same for the Soul Trap, as much as I'm loath to suggest it.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Soul trap and everliving?   Soul trap and everliving? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20 2014, 15:45

Erebus wrote:
Count Adhemar wrote:

That being said, I do seem to recall something about when models count as being killed for such purposes, but I can't find it now. Maybe it was in 5e?
Our FAQ covers when Necrons count as dead for the sake of generating pain tokens; I imagine it would be the same for the Soul Trap, as much as I'm loath to suggest it.

Ah yes. I looked in the BRB and Necron FAQs but not in our own one. That would seem to make sense although it could do with being clarified.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soul trap and everliving?   Soul trap and everliving? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soul trap and everliving?
Page 1 of 1