THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1000 Pts - Dark Eldar Escalation League

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
redrumny
Slave

1000 Pts - Dark Eldar Escalation League Empty
PostSubject: 1000 Pts - Dark Eldar Escalation League   1000 Pts - Dark Eldar Escalation League I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2011, 22:26

Ladies and gents I hope you are all well. This is my first post on this forum, I am new to the DE and wanted to get some opinions on a 1k point list. This is an escalation league, I'm facing GK, CSM, SW and Eldar.

Thanks for reading...

1000 Pts - Dark Eldar Roster

Heavy Support: Ravager
1 Ravager, + Flickerfield

Heavy Support: Ravager
1 Ravager, + Flickerfield

Heavy Support: Talos Pain Engine
1 Talos Pain Engine, + TL Heat Lance

Troops: Wyches
8 Wyches, + Shardnet & Impaler x1
1 Hekatrix, + Phantasm Grenade Launcher
1 Raider, + Flickerfield

HQ: Haemonculus
1 Haemonculus, + Agoniser

Elite: Kabalite Trueborn
3 Kabalite Trueborn, + Blaster x3
1 Venom, + Splinter Cannon

Troops: Kabalite Warriors
5 Kabalite Warriors, + Blaster x1

Troops: Kabalite Warriors
5 Kabalite Warriors, + Blaster x1

Total Roster Cost: 996

The HQ will roll with the wyches, the Talos is there to soak up fire hopefully to buy the ravagers time to crack some armor.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Pts - Dark Eldar Escalation League   1000 Pts - Dark Eldar Escalation League I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2011, 23:57

I would give the Hekatrix the Agoinser over the Haemie.

Wychs really dont need a PGL, use these points to get the Haemie a Liquifer Gun

edit - Oh snap, I didnt even look at the user name when I responded. That you Unnamed?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Pts - Dark Eldar Escalation League   1000 Pts - Dark Eldar Escalation League I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2011, 04:51

I agree with Tordeck's call - the Haem is there to fill the slot and provide pain tokens, let the Wyches do the heavy lifting in combat - also allows you to assault.

Saved points from PGL could net you both a Liquifier, but also put FFs on the Raider, which would be good. Instead of FFs you could also invest extra points back into Talos. Or into Haywire Grenades for Wyches (though this is a little less needed at 1000, but it does help protect you from Dread assault locking you up)

Another thought - nets are for tarpitting, gauntlets and flails are for killing. I'm pretty sure that Wych squad is about killing - I'd switch.
Back to top Go down
redrumny
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Pts - Dark Eldar Escalation League   1000 Pts - Dark Eldar Escalation League I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2011, 14:52

edit - Oh snap, I didnt even look at the user name when I responded. That you Unnamed?[/color][/quote]

Yes sir its me, thanks for the input Smile

@Thor665
The PGL was added because of an experience I had at the 500 point level. I charged into combat in terrain and lost most my squad. Thanks for the input I'll def make some changes based on these suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Pts - Dark Eldar Escalation League   1000 Pts - Dark Eldar Escalation League I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2011, 15:42

they have assault grenades base, so the PGL isnt needed.

Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Pts - Dark Eldar Escalation League   1000 Pts - Dark Eldar Escalation League I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2011, 15:49

To clarify further; Wyches come with assault grenades, they ignore terrain for initiative order.
The only thing the PGL gives them is defensive grenades, which only help if they're assaulted.
Back to top Go down
redrumny
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Pts - Dark Eldar Escalation League   1000 Pts - Dark Eldar Escalation League I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2011, 15:51

Holy ^$@! Shadows,

I completly missed that. Plasma Grenades are assault grenades thanks for mentioning it.

edit: @Thor

Thanks for the info. Yes that makes sense I was told by someone that played DE they didnt have assault grenades.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Pts - Dark Eldar Escalation League   1000 Pts - Dark Eldar Escalation League I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01 2011, 00:27

Sup buddy,

Dave just forget the rules again or did someone pull one over on ya?

Where you playing the e-league?

If you decide to expand past Dave's stuff I have some DE for sale/trade on the cheap. But then again I know how hobby ADD you two are.
Back to top Go down
redrumny
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Pts - Dark Eldar Escalation League   1000 Pts - Dark Eldar Escalation League I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01 2011, 01:27

lol Tordeck I was cracking up when I read that. I did have 40k army ADD but that is over. I just spent a crap ton of money on a custom battle foam bag to transport the DE. That is a reminder to myself of the commitment to this army. Smile

I'll PM you I'm interested in what you've got.

Yea it was either Dave or another friend I don't remember. The league is at our local gaming club SOT (Sons of Thunder). There about 11 or so of us and we rotate between Dave's basement and a friends garage.

Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Pts - Dark Eldar Escalation League   1000 Pts - Dark Eldar Escalation League I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01 2011, 02:21

redrumny wrote:
lol Tordeck I was cracking up when I read that. I did have 40k army ADD but that is over. I just spent a crap ton of money on a custom battle foam bag to transport the DE. That is a reminder to myself of the commitment to this army. Smile

I'll PM you I'm interested in what you've got.

Yea it was either Dave or another friend I don't remember. The league is at our local gaming club SOT (Sons of Thunder). There about 11 or so of us and we rotate between Dave's basement and a friends garage.

See my comment here about BF - https://thedarkcity.forummotion.com/t1365-my-case-arrived#13999

Here or OM is fine

Sweet I didnt know you guys set up your own club. Very nice. You get some of them gits over to TW.
Back to top Go down
redrumny
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Pts - Dark Eldar Escalation League   1000 Pts - Dark Eldar Escalation League I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01 2011, 03:49

Yes they are pricey for sure but it's worth it. Like the op stated in that link, you gotta protect your investment. I was lugging them around in a cardboard box and stuff was bending and breaking all the time u know. The only issue I have with battlefoam is that bags take forever to get here. I got a shipping notification almost a week and a half ago and nothing has arrived yet.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Pts - Dark Eldar Escalation League   1000 Pts - Dark Eldar Escalation League I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01 2011, 04:54

If you didnt know they have an account here, Just PM Romero(Battlefoam) about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Pts - Dark Eldar Escalation League   1000 Pts - Dark Eldar Escalation League I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1000 Pts - Dark Eldar Escalation League
Page 1 of 1