THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000pts DE/corsair list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kowaldo
Slave

2000pts DE/corsair list Empty
PostSubject: 2000pts DE/corsair list   2000pts DE/corsair list I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11 2012, 00:27

This is the list i want to make. Fluffwise it's part of the dukes pirate fleet. Posted on warseer but no replies there and I want some opionions.

HQ:
Duke Sliscus: 150pts

Elites:
9x Trueborn:163pts
+7x shardcarabines
+2xsplintercannon

Raider:80pts
+Nightfield, flickerfield
+disintegrator

4xTrueborn:108pts
+ 4xblaster

Venom:65pts

Troops:
5xWarriors: 60pts
+blaster

venom:65pts

5xWarriors: 60pts
+blaster

Venom: 65pts

Fast Attack:
6x Reavers:156pts
+2xheatlance

Heavy Support:
Ravager: 125pts
+Nightshield, flickerfield, dark lances

Voidraven Bomber:195pts
+night shields
+4x shatterfield missiles

Voidraven Bomber:195pts
+night shields
+4xshatterfield missiles

Alllies:
HQ:
Corsair Prince:100pts

Troops:
5x Corsairs: 64pts
+shuriken cnnon

Venom:55pts
+scatterlaser

Fast attack:
2x Hornet:170pts
+4xscatterlaser

Heavy Support:
Warp Hunter:125pts

and that's 2001pts. I like the look of it fluffwise. Strengthwise though I'm not sure. I have 42 splintercannon and 15 scatterlaser shots for anti infantry and the sl for light vechicles. I'm pretty sure my heavy support units can handle any heavy armour that comes my way and reavers can also kill something with their heat lances. What worries me though is that I am really low on infantry. With only 3 really fragile troop units I don't think that is enough and would love to have another warrior squad in a venom but am not sure where to cut points. I am thinking of cutting the reavers and some missiles to add 2 warrior venom squads but I think the reavers are more versatile also they add more variety and colour to the army...

Would like help with the list and some C&C.

Cheers

PL
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts DE/corsair list   2000pts DE/corsair list I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11 2012, 04:02

Hey there!! I don't know much about corsairs, but it looks pretty good to me. One point though. I'm guessing you're going to use the prince to call down night fighting? With only the ravenger and the warp hunter on the table with both the range and power to pop av above 12 first turn you may not be able to full take advantage of that ability for a first turn alpha strike. Try dropping one of the bombers and shaving off a blasterborn for another ravenger and a 125 venom troop choice. Other places to shave off points would be your flicker fields since you get a save for moving and a cover save for it being at night. You should be able to manage one or the other each turn.
Cheers! Never played with or against corsairs, but I hope this is of a little use.
Back to top Go down
Kowaldo
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts DE/corsair list   2000pts DE/corsair list I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12 2012, 01:26

Good points!
So by chucking the flickerfields and the basterborn I could get 2 warrior squads in venomsa and 3 more reavers. Also I could chuck some missiles for that 3rd heat lance and mby a champion upgr.

So I lose 4 blasters but I get 2 blasters back and gain 2 splinter cannons plus 3 reavers on top. Good trade I guess. Though a deepstriking venom with blasterborn could be devastating I think the better dmg output and increased numbers of the reavers will help.

Thoughts??
Back to top Go down
Kung Fu Hamster
Hellion
Kung Fu Hamster

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts DE/corsair list   2000pts DE/corsair list I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12 2012, 02:10

Kowaldo wrote:
Good points!
So by chucking the flickerfields and the basterborn I could get 2 warrior squads in venomsa and 3 more reavers. Also I could chuck some missiles for that 3rd heat lance and mby a champion upgr.

So I lose 4 blasters but I get 2 blasters back and gain 2 splinter cannons plus 3 reavers on top. Good trade I guess. Though a deepstriking venom with blasterborn could be devastating I think the better dmg output and increased numbers of the reavers will help.

Thoughts??

I must be part of the small DE minority that still takes Flickerfields. It seems like a waste of points, but it definitely comes in handy when dealing with assaults, facing an IG parking lot list with 1 or more Hydras, or any point when you wouldn't get your Jink save. Keeping Flickerfields looks pointless right up until it saves your vehicles when your cover save gets negated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts DE/corsair list   2000pts DE/corsair list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000pts DE/corsair list
Page 1 of 1