THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Very Dumb Question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Salem_666
Hellion
Salem_666

Very Dumb Question Empty
PostSubject: Very Dumb Question   Very Dumb Question I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08 2018, 03:43

Sorry for what's probably a very stupid question, I'm fairly new to the game. Anyways, here goes: The main Drukhari strategy is to attack and then get away fast, but I recently realized I'm confused about part of that. How do you get away fast when the movement comes before shooting and fighting. Since you have to wait till your next turn to move, doesn't the enemy get a whole turn of killing you before you can even attempt to get away, or am I missing something? Sorry again for my naivete, but I appreciate any responses. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

Very Dumb Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very Dumb Question   Very Dumb Question I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08 2018, 03:55

You're not wrong - generally you have to face retaliation in game.

We have a couple of Stratagems - Fire and Fade and the Cult of Strife one that allow attacking and withdrawing.

Other than those, your relatively slow opponents will get a chance to retaliate.

There are tactical ways to use that speed, particularly if you can put a large part of your force against a small part of theirs, you get a chance to crush that part of their army, and then perhaps they aren't in a position to retaliate fully.

This is one of the many cases where fluff stories don't entirely match how the game plays.

Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

Very Dumb Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very Dumb Question   Very Dumb Question I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08 2018, 05:44

Use your mobility to engage sections of the enemy’s army, while utilizing range and cover to minimize the amount of retaliation, which will often leave a large portion of the enemy army out of range/LOS or with their offense blunted (for example being out of rapid fire range, or forcing heavy weapons to move to draw a line).
Back to top Go down
Aschen
Sybarite
Aschen

Very Dumb Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very Dumb Question   Very Dumb Question I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08 2018, 08:30

I think especially with our new codex, we have the ability to erase units off the board.... So you hit in key places, kill the offending unit while (hopefully) being out of optimal range for a lot of their other units
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

Very Dumb Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very Dumb Question   Very Dumb Question I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08 2018, 17:01

Yeah we've always been fast and mobile but ultimately subject to retaliation. I think this edition minimizes the impact of that retaliation moreso than others, though, thanks to tougher vehicles, FnP on T3, and Stratagems like Fire & Fade, Lightning Fast Reactions, Hunt From The Shadows, etc. So if you're new to the True Kin enjoy! We're living it up these days.

And as others have said, you'll see the difference in practice when you lean in with the weight of your forces some place where your opponent can't entirely reach you with everything they've go, or when you've made certain slow enemy units obsolete or useless for several turns because you're playing keep-away with them, focussing your fire on the units that actually can disrupt you in the here and now.
Back to top Go down
Salem_666
Hellion
Salem_666

Very Dumb Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very Dumb Question   Very Dumb Question I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08 2018, 18:25

Thanks all, that's basically what I was thinking, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Very Dumb Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very Dumb Question   Very Dumb Question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Very Dumb Question
Page 1 of 1