THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Harlequins against Gargantuan Creatures

Go down 
+2
Count Adhemar
CptMetal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Harlequins against Gargantuan Creatures  Empty
PostSubject: Harlequins against Gargantuan Creatures    Harlequins against Gargantuan Creatures  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04 2016, 12:40

The title gives it away. If I don't want to use Craftworld Eldar, are harlequins good against stuff like wraith Knights? And would a solitaire or a troupe be better?

I need a for a campaign where there is an Eldar player on the good side. But I'm already talking him into committing treason so in one of the apocalypse battles interrupting the normal play, we will (hopefully) create our own Faction and make it a 3 party battle!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins against Gargantuan Creatures    Harlequins against Gargantuan Creatures  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04 2016, 12:49

Caresses and Neuro Disruptors make Wraithknights cry. On the other hand, scatter lasers and stomps make Harlequins cry.
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins against Gargantuan Creatures    Harlequins against Gargantuan Creatures  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04 2016, 13:41

My planed anti-GC star:

Cast of Players (possibly transported in a Fast Attack Raider)
7 Players and Troupe Master with Haywire Grenades, all with Neuro Disruptors. Shadowseer with Mastery Level 2, Neuro Disruptor and Mask of Secrets. Death Jester with the Laughing God's Eye.
Points total: 410

The only problem is to get 8 Neuro Disruptors. But the Harlequin list I'm working on has four Troupes worth of Players anyway.

On the table, I would definitely have to make sure that they kill the creature before it can strike back.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins against Gargantuan Creatures    Harlequins against Gargantuan Creatures  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04 2016, 15:26

What does a neuro disruptor do?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins against Gargantuan Creatures    Harlequins against Gargantuan Creatures  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04 2016, 15:30

Fleshbane AP2 pistol.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins against Gargantuan Creatures    Harlequins against Gargantuan Creatures  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04 2016, 15:50

Can I put them into a Raider and deep Strike those? Or only with a WWP attached?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins against Gargantuan Creatures    Harlequins against Gargantuan Creatures  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04 2016, 16:15

You could put them in a Fast Attack Raider and Deep Strike them but they would scatter normally unless you have an IC with a WWP attached.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins against Gargantuan Creatures    Harlequins against Gargantuan Creatures  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04 2016, 18:13

That sounds awesome. Now I only need the formations to think about what to do to kick the wraith Knights butt
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins against Gargantuan Creatures    Harlequins against Gargantuan Creatures  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04 2016, 19:15

I may be wrong but I would really suggest harlequins caress over fleshbane pistols. It's a lot cheaper. Though maybe less reliable u suppose. Statistically 7 players plus a master with caress should kill a knight in one round Before it swings. And it'll be locked in combat.
Back to top Go down
Maple Tiishay
Slave
Maple Tiishay

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins against Gargantuan Creatures    Harlequins against Gargantuan Creatures  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05 2016, 00:50

I just played a game last night where a standalone harlequin force faced the new infernal tetrad formation+ others. Between 2 five man kiss units and one 12 man caress unit, all four DPs were dead by the bottom of turn 3, as was the rest of the daemon army, save a single skull cannon. Auto ap2 wounds on to hit rolls of 6, combined with the possibility of instant death from the kiss were instrumental in bringing down the giants.

I'm unsure what the rule was called, but one of the DPs had something that reduces the strength of incoming attacks by one. This was utterly counteracted by the tastiness of the harlequins carress.

All in all the game was the single most epic I've ever played, and if you haven't tried quins vs. Daemons, I highly highly recommend it.
Back to top Go down
Rancid blade
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins against Gargantuan Creatures    Harlequins against Gargantuan Creatures  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05 2016, 16:58

I would go with Mask of Secrets and Armor of Misery (-4ld debuff) and then Psy Shreik. That'll be a dead Wraith Knight (or Storm Surge).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins against Gargantuan Creatures    Harlequins against Gargantuan Creatures  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harlequins against Gargantuan Creatures
Page 1 of 1