THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Disembarking and assault.

Go down 
+6
Nariaklizhar
fisheyes
Count Adhemar
Squidmaster
CptMetal
WhysoSully
10 posters
AuthorMessage
WhysoSully
Kabalite Warrior
WhysoSully

Disembarking and assault. Empty
PostSubject: Disembarking and assault.   Disembarking and assault. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19 2016, 05:47

How far can a raider move and still allow the unit inside to disembark and charge?
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assault.   Disembarking and assault. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19 2016, 06:39

Six inches movement, disembark six additional inches and charge 2D6.
So basically between 14 and 24 inches!

Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assault.   Disembarking and assault. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19 2016, 10:39

As CptMetal says.
Vehicles can move at "Combat Speed" (6") and passengers can then disembark. Anything over Combat Speed, and passengers can not disembark.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assault.   Disembarking and assault. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19 2016, 10:43

Squidmaster wrote:
As CptMetal says.
Vehicles can move at "Combat Speed" (6") and passengers can then disembark. Anything over Combat Speed, and passengers can not disembark.

Unless they're Space Wolves...

not bitter at all, mumble, mutter

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assault.   Disembarking and assault. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19 2016, 12:20

Remember that your raiders can pivot before moving, so you can get an extra 1.5" if you position smartly. And this doesnt count as a movement Wink
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assault.   Disembarking and assault. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19 2016, 14:29

RAW, fisheyes speaks true, but this is often seen as quite dodgy play.
At least it is in my group.....

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assault.   Disembarking and assault. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19 2016, 16:14

The way I see it, piviting is a big part of the game and well within the rules of play. I use pivoting to block Los, block my opponent from moving in certain areas of the battle field, to provide proper shooting arc/angle. 9 out of 10 times, my Raider s and Venoms are facing the direction I want to assault anyway so pivoting, in regards to assault, doesn't even come into play. Deployment at the beginning of the game is when I do it, it it happens at all. I deploy my transports sideways, getting as close to the line as I can. Don't forget, doing this does potentially reduce the targets I can shoot at, so it does have its disadvantages
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assault.   Disembarking and assault. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19 2016, 20:59

Some common rules formats like the ITC have slightly modified that rule to ensure pivoting doesn't effect range, saying: A vehicle moving at combat speed may not end it's movement with any part of it's hull beyond 6" from it's starting position.

I'm paraphrasing above, so the exact wording may be different, but that's the idea they changed it to.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assault.   Disembarking and assault. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19 2016, 23:20

Deploying sideways should limit your firing arc in almost no way. The arc of the Raider weapon is well over 180, and close to 270. (Also, you'll move before you fire, so it won't be an issue.)
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assault.   Disembarking and assault. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20 2016, 11:06

Playing it at more than about 90 degrees is questionable to me - RAW it might even be 45 degrees as a hull mount!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assault.   Disembarking and assault. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20 2016, 13:27

One of the marine formations (stormbringer squadron I think) also lets you disembark after moving 12"

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disembarking and assault.   Disembarking and assault. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disembarking and assault.
Page 1 of 1