THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar/Eldar army composition?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JayDee327
Hellion
JayDee327

Dark Eldar/Eldar army composition? Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar/Eldar army composition?   Dark Eldar/Eldar army composition? I_icon_minitimeMon May 02 2016, 23:59

Looking into investing about $200 into Eldar. Any suggestions??
Back to top Go down
WhysoSully
Kabalite Warrior
WhysoSully

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar/Eldar army composition?   Dark Eldar/Eldar army composition? I_icon_minitimeTue May 03 2016, 01:27

I would wait for the new air rules.  Shouldnt be too long and has the potential to change the way we build armies.

If I had to decide right now I would probably get some scatt bikes, psykers, and swooping hawks/warp spiders (aka some sort of aspect formation to compliment DE.  Lots of room for different combinations with so many aspects)

A set of walkers could help too, they go great with DE. Just make sure you magnetize all the options.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar/Eldar army composition?   Dark Eldar/Eldar army composition? I_icon_minitimeTue May 03 2016, 01:55

Yeah, I'd wait till the new air book comes out just to see if it's any huge shift in the meta.

Other than that, definitely get a farseer or 2, at least 2 units of bikes(scatter optional), some swooping hawks, and vaul's wrath batteries.

All of those work well supplementing DE. If all of DE are a hammer, then vaul's wrath batteries are their anvil. T7 vs shooting with 48" guns at 30 points per gun + crew is a really good price.

If you consider that a normal guardian is 9 points, and you get 2 of them with each artillery gun, then you're only paying 12 points for a T7 gun with 2 wounds and a 3+ armour save that also makes your guardians T7 vs shooting. I tend to use them in units of 3 vibro cannons, purchased in multiples of 2 with 1 attached farseer for each 2 units of 3 vibro cannons. Then I take the guide and prescience primaris powers, and twin link both units all game, which basically makes them put out 3 S9 AP2 pinning hits per turn, per unit. I generally place them so that both units are scoring the same objective in my deployment zone, and overwatching as much of the table as possible.

If you give them a good cover save, killing 1 unit of them via shooting becomes similar to trying to kill a wraithknight. They don't have FnP, but they have twice as many wounds.
Back to top Go down
JayDee327
Hellion
JayDee327

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar/Eldar army composition?   Dark Eldar/Eldar army composition? I_icon_minitimeTue May 03 2016, 02:39

Are we getting a new codex???
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar/Eldar army composition?   Dark Eldar/Eldar army composition? I_icon_minitimeTue May 03 2016, 02:49

They are talking about the Death From the Skies supplement that has new stats and ways of playing with aircraft.
Back to top Go down
JayDee327
Hellion
JayDee327

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar/Eldar army composition?   Dark Eldar/Eldar army composition? I_icon_minitimeTue May 03 2016, 02:53

Ah.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar/Eldar army composition?   Dark Eldar/Eldar army composition? I_icon_minitimeTue May 03 2016, 02:56

I don't know whether to hope for a new codex, or a new supplement. I feel like the new supplement is more likely to come sooner, but the new codex is really what's needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar/Eldar army composition?   Dark Eldar/Eldar army composition? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar/Eldar army composition?
Page 1 of 1