THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Patrons Wanted

Go down 
+21
ligolski
Count Adhemar
Archon-Hidicul
deep-sea-captain
Cailos
Shadows Revenge
Phototoxin
GrenAcid
GAR
Rabid Bunny
Lysis
Aroshamash
Baron Tordeck
Torpedo Vegas
The Strange Dude
Saintspirit
Gobsmakked
Local_Ork
Todo13
Xelkireth
Sky Serpent
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Patrons Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Patrons Wanted   Patrons Wanted I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 17:03

Greetings one and all.

We will shortly begin recruiting Patrons Of The Dark to moderate single forums. This will lead to one or more persons, charged with generating activity and keeping their forum in shape. This will not be moderating in the traditional sense though it will become obvious that we will need full forum moderators when the forum becomes larger and more active.

You can apply for one or more posts. We have the right to refuse applications as we see fit and take away Patrons who are not doing their jobs.

Patrons will be rewarded with a rank themed around their forum.

All forums are available for denizens to apply for.

You should begin your application in the following way:

ARMY LISTS PATRON

I would like to apply for the position open as the Patron of Army Lists. I feel I would be good in this position as I have years of experience with Dark Eldar and all other armies. I pledge that I will reply to each thread and help each player with any needs that arise. Yadayada.

Good luck all.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems

Last edited by Sky Serpent on Sat Jul 20 2013, 12:47; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Xelkireth
In Exile

Patrons Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrons Wanted   Patrons Wanted I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 17:10

OTHER DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION PATRON

I would like to apply for the position open as the Patron of the OTHER DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION. I feel I would be good in this position as I have almost every single Black Library novel in the last four years that has been published, with the exception of the Imperial Guard books (I find them hard to get into). I have less than a year's experience with the Dark Eldar army as a fieldable force, but have been reading and writing Dark Eldar fiction (both canon and fanfics) since I've found out about Dark Eldar. I have total 40k experience of 6 years (started out playing Chaos). I pledge that I will reply to each thread (pretty much already do) and help each player with any needs that arise (pretty much already do). Not to mention, I've already made it my stomping grounds.

NOTE: I actually have every single sub-forum on watch. That way, I can actually respond where I feel it's needed as quickly as needed. Well, almost every sub-forum. There are some I don't really care about. Like the RP forum.

Title name ideas:
Keeper of the Dark Menagerie. Chronicler of the Dark City. I could actually come up with names all day. I like the first one most though. (Though truthfully, it should probably go to the Project Logs Patron).

Last edited by Xelkireth on Tue May 24 2011, 17:25; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : I've edited this most like ten times already out of excitement.)
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Patrons Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrons Wanted   Patrons Wanted I_icon_minitimeThu May 26 2011, 23:41

It goes without saying that Xelkireth will be The Dark City's first forum Patron. He has done a tremendous amount of work in that forum and has made the forum a richer place.

Don't be shy everyone, we are still looking for more patrons. Granted not all forums need one but please do apply.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Xelkireth
In Exile

Patrons Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrons Wanted   Patrons Wanted I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2011, 00:39

Thank you. I'll be here for a very long time. I was ecstatic when I found out about the Dark City. And I have, and will continue, to promote the forum as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

Patrons Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrons Wanted   Patrons Wanted I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2011, 01:14

ARMY LISTS:

I would like to be patron of the army list forums because I love to make lists and critique the lists of others, I hop you will consider me

If you have another sugestion for a forum I should be patron of or don't want me at all that is ok
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

Patrons Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrons Wanted   Patrons Wanted I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2011, 01:34

HAEMONCULI WORKSHOP

While I'm indeed new here I have vast knowledge about sculpting, painting, gluing, soldering (really), making multiple resin copies of models and cutting my fingers. I also WAS moderator on my LGS forum but... let's say admin/ shop owner was NOT pleased when I've started cast stuff in resin for me (handled this pretty good) and friends (but not this). And since I'm NOT kind of guy that like to spit in someone chocolate milk without good reason so I just "quit"... Still have Moderator status and icon there tho, just no acces to editing subforums Wink
Anyway I ofen look through those section (hobbyst>player, even when I actually decide one of my armies is "ready enough"), so I could look at them.

Title Ideas: "In da shadow Yer can't see Me greenskin..." or "Pet Big Mek".
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Patrons Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrons Wanted   Patrons Wanted I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2011, 04:17

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

Master/Mistress - I humbly request that you grant me the position of Patron of the GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION and its two sub-forums. I cannot be a complete forum-junkie, but it's high-time that DE had our own forum and I am grateful to you for creating one, and I am determined to help make it succeed and flourish as much as I can.

Two sub-forums would not be unreasonable, since the DE news and rumours cannot continue at their current pace for much longer.

I also detest some of the rumouring and phishing that can be found on certain other forums, and pledge to apply the Agoniser as liberally as possible in order to keep your followers in line. Whilst trying to be as encouraging as possible to all members, of course.

Gobsmakked.

BTW - I am a librarian, so little things like copyright infringement and improper/non-existant citations would be dealt with appropriately.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

Patrons Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrons Wanted   Patrons Wanted I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2011, 09:07

RULES DEVELOPMENT PATRON

(note I am not sure whether the patrons are supposed to moderate a grand forum and every sub-forum in it, or just one or two sub-forums)

I'd gladly be the patron of rules development (provided of course that it needs one) - I am quite experienced in making up rules for various things and changing rules that needs alteration (in fact, I have quite a passion for it!) and I also feel that I know when people are doing something wrong.

Also, as I do not do much but lurk at forums when sitting at the computer, I will probably be here a lot. Thanks in advance.

Title ideas: Not sure what fits together with making up rules... Corrupted Lawyer? Shadow Scribe..? Court of Cruelty...

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

Patrons Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrons Wanted   Patrons Wanted I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2011, 09:09

Saintspirit wrote:
Court of Cruelty...
This.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

Patrons Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrons Wanted   Patrons Wanted I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2011, 10:50

Xelkireth wrote:
Saintspirit wrote:
Court of Cruelty...
This.
Very good then Very Happy

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

Patrons Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrons Wanted   Patrons Wanted I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2011, 10:59

Hey I'd like to be considered as

Patron of Armylists

I feel that although my fluff skills are rusty I can make an army list sing like razors through flesh. I pledge to work with posters to get what they want from thier list and not to try and force the meta down peoples throats. I believe an army list works best when the player of it comes up with it by himself and tweaks it to suit his or her own particular play style/fluff needs with the help of the community. I don't want to see every list turn out the same way with the same options I want a plethora of lists from 'fantastical and fluffy' to 'honed and lethal' and everything in between.

As to titles erm.... Schemer in the web; Archon of lists; The Mirror Archon (well might as well try and get my fluff in there Laughing ); Master of Raids

In Exile

Patrons Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrons Wanted   Patrons Wanted I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2011, 11:01

The Strange Dude wrote:
Master of Raids
As master of fluff, lol, I like this one. And with this, goodnight! See you all tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

Patrons Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrons Wanted   Patrons Wanted I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 22:29

As Xelkireth has his hands full with the Kabals of the dark city, I humbly request to be made patron of the background section. I have an extensive library of 40k related books of various ages (form 5th to 2ed), as well as many, many white dwarfs, all the expansion books and a veritable library of Black Library books to call upon to aid our newer or more curiums members in discovering the history of our noble army.

I wouldn't mind watching over the RP forum too, honestly. I've done my fair share of Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader.

As for title, what about the Keeper of the Ancients.

Last edited by Torpedo Vegas on Wed Jun 01 2011, 07:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Xelkireth
In Exile

Patrons Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrons Wanted   Patrons Wanted I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 22:59

Torpedo Vegas wrote:
As Xelkireth has his hands full with the Kabals of the dark city...
No joke. Lol.

Torpedo Vegas wrote:
As for title, what about the Keeper of the Ancients.
Nice!
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Patrons Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrons Wanted   Patrons Wanted I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2011, 09:24

Title name? = Corsair Scourge

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Sat Jun 04 2011, 20:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

Patrons Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrons Wanted   Patrons Wanted I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2011, 16:41

No Gobsmakked, we shall be the dastardly duo, the two mods with no title!
Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

Patrons Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrons Wanted   Patrons Wanted I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2011, 18:40

If you wanted a title all you had to do was ask. Well that and pick what you want to be called of course.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Patrons Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrons Wanted   Patrons Wanted I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2011, 20:02

I couldn't think of anything 'til now, that's why I held off - Corsair Scourge or Rumour Scourge.

Torpedo Vegas wrote:
No Gobsmakked, we shall be the dastardly duo, the two mods with no title!
Crying or Very sad

If BT wasn't watching, ready to pounce, I would make a flip suggestion for the two of us.

I really like your 'Keeper of the Ancients'.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

Patrons Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrons Wanted   Patrons Wanted I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2011, 20:31

I'm thinking of going with "Resident Shadowseer". I prefer Harlequins to Haemunculi.

Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

Patrons Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrons Wanted   Patrons Wanted I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05 2011, 01:25

Gobs, you set on a name yet?

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Patrons Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrons Wanted   Patrons Wanted I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05 2011, 08:03

Rumour Scourge, thanks BT.

edit - I have a title now, thanks bosses!

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Sun Jun 05 2011, 22:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

Patrons Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrons Wanted   Patrons Wanted I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05 2011, 09:53

Apparently I'm doing it wrong, *sign*... take two:

Haemonculi Workshop

I would like to be patron of Haemonculi Workshop with all it's subforums. At first I wanted only"Painting & Modelling Discussion" and "Distractions", but other two section should not make too much trouble anyway (they are galleries).

Title name ideas:
"Fleshscuptor" (IMHO best one), "Dermaformer" or "Cadavercarver"

Thank You, with cream and cherries on top.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

Patrons Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrons Wanted   Patrons Wanted I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05 2011, 10:37

I concur. Fleshsculptor is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Patrons Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrons Wanted   Patrons Wanted I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06 2011, 01:28

How about a slight mod, 'Sculptor of Flesh' ?

Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

Patrons Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrons Wanted   Patrons Wanted I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06 2011, 05:00

Stories And Art, Black Library PATRON

I would like to apply for the position open as the Patron of the Stories And Art, Black Library. I have several college courses in creative writing and would be able to assist the authors in refining their stories to as close to perfection as we can.

I don't want another title. This one works just fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Patrons Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrons Wanted   Patrons Wanted I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Patrons Wanted
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next