THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power Empty
PostSubject: Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power   Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2016, 20:16

So, this is a start up list for my corsairs. It's a list I hope to extend to 1850, but, I'm going to start with a thousand, play, and then grow from there.

My goal? To work this Profane Powers trait straight to victory. In short, I want to make a roving band of Warlock Pirates. SpoooOoooOOooooky! Prepare for the Skeleton Deamon war!

Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power 728C1DC4E478A90467EA6922D6422D5A7753C9B4

Command Cortie

1xCorsair Princess - Profane Powers
Jet Bike
Fusion pistol
Balelight
Shadowfield
Void saber
Wild Psyker level 2

1x Void dreamer , level 3 pysker
Shadowfield
Jetpack

Primary Coterie - Titan hunters
1xBaron / cloud dancer
Shimmer-shield
Psyker level 1

3 units of Cloud dancers x 3
Dark lances

3 Hornets with 2 pulse lasers - Sky burners

That's what I'm thinking of a starting point...

" Your suffering will be legendary. It will make the dead, long forgotten in our dear Commorragh, rattle in their graves as your agony touches them even from the beyond. I will record each scream, each gurgle, each cry and it will be my sweetest lullaby. The tears you spill will be collected and I will savor them like fine drink for years to come. The blood you spill will be used to feed my house-plants, and your flesh I will feed to the Razorwing flocks. Your bones I will keep and fashion into my clothes like a medal awarded for reaching the highest plateau of torture. You will never steal my sandwych again!"
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power   Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2016, 04:04

You know, thinking about what we were talking about with this, it might be more effective to go with collector of ancient treasures so you can get fearless from an item to use when summoning daemons with the prince and void dreamer. Otherwise, you'll almost definitely want to ally in something to give you fearless.

Alternatively, you can take a corsair Malevolents Band, and stick your psykers in the unit with them to benefit from their fearless rule.
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power   Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2016, 05:49

The profane powers is what lets me have the ability to take Malefic deamon summoning. What I can do is cut down on the void dreamer, since, it has to take on power from the aethermancy and it won't help me with my goals really, and replace it with a baron or just drop the extra hq all together and get a band of malevolents and have the princess join them or a baron and join them.

" Your suffering will be legendary. It will make the dead, long forgotten in our dear Commorragh, rattle in their graves as your agony touches them even from the beyond. I will record each scream, each gurgle, each cry and it will be my sweetest lullaby. The tears you spill will be collected and I will savor them like fine drink for years to come. The blood you spill will be used to feed my house-plants, and your flesh I will feed to the Razorwing flocks. Your bones I will keep and fashion into my clothes like a medal awarded for reaching the highest plateau of torture. You will never steal my sandwych again!"
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power   Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2016, 06:05

Don't forget you still need a HQ for your Sky Burners so replacing the Void Dreamer with a Baron fills that slot but dropping it and not replacing it would still leave that slot needing to be filled.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power   Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2016, 06:14

Korazell wrote:
The profane powers is what lets me have the ability to take Malefic deamon summoning.

No, actually, the basic 40k rulebook gives ALL psykers permission to take both sanctic and malefic daemonology unless it specifically states otherwise. So you can take sanctic or malefic daemonology without taking the profane powers specialization. As I said before, one of those 3 options is probably your best bet. Wink
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power   Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2016, 06:16

Betray, unless I'm wrong which I probably am in the coded it only says I can take powers from divination and telepathy. Profane gives me access as f far as I understand

Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power   Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2016, 06:22

Under Prince it states Psyker "A corsair prince who is upgraded to a Psyker may select powers from Divination or Telekinesis Disciplines."

Like Korazell I took that to mean that those were the disciplines they were limited to unless taking Profane.

Last edited by CurstAlchemist on Thu Jun 23 2016, 06:25; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power   Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2016, 06:23

Yeah so I think I need the profane power to have access to demons

Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power   Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2016, 06:30

The main rulebook gives ALL PSYKERS access to both sanctic and malefic daemonology IN ADDITION to whatever it says they get in their codex entry. It's in the main rulebook.

Here is the quote copied and pasted from the rulebook:

Rulebook wrote:
THE DISCIPLINE OF DAEMONOLOGY
Unless otherwise stated, all Psykers, other than those belonging to the
Tyranids Faction, can generate powers from the Daemonology discipline
. The
Daemonology discipline has not one, but two different sets of powers, one labelled
‘Sanctic’ and one labelled ‘Malefic’. Each time a Psyker generates a power from the
Daemonology discipline he can choose to generate it from either the Sanctic or Malefic
set of powers. For the purposes of Psychic Focus, the Sanctic and Malefic sets of powers
are different psychic disciplines.

Not saying they can isn't "specifically saying they can't". They don't NEED to list daemonology under their available disciplines because daemonology is available to all psykers by default.
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power   Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2016, 06:32

Wait...I'm so confused. I think the wild psyker rules overrule that. Otherwise the Profane powers would do nothing

Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power   Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2016, 06:34

Not really because Profane powers forces you to take at least 1 of the Malific powers and alters the Wild Psyker's mishap chart.

Last edited by CurstAlchemist on Thu Jun 23 2016, 06:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power   Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2016, 06:35

Profane powers gives him an extra psyker level for free, but makes him HAVE to take malefic daemonology.

And the wild psyker rule specifically says you still follow all normal rules for psykers, and you're also considered to have the psyker special rule, but that you use the alternate perils chart instead. I just double-checked it.
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power   Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2016, 06:36

Yeah but it also states in the second half it allows access for your other psykers to that tree

Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power   Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2016, 06:37

Hm...I'll have to look again.

Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power   Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2016, 06:40

Under the profane powers entry, it does say that other psykers in your detachment may also take powers from the malefic discipline, which would seem to be redundant since they're all given permission to do so anyhow. But when you think more about it, void dreamers are told they HAVE to take 1 level of their aethermancy discipline. If you only take a level 1 void dreamer, it's possible that the profane powers entry was meant to override that requirement that you MUST pick 1 from aethermancy on a level 1 void dreamer.
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power   Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2016, 06:47

Hm...I'm not sure what the best set up for a list is then...this is good news but also strange news...

Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power   Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2016, 06:58

I thought everyone already knew all psykers had all daemonology. It was pretty big news when 7th edition first came out. That's what caused the Eldar daemon summoning and such.

In the latest Eldar codex, it specifies "Daemonology(Sanctic)" on their available list. Technically speaking, this doesn't sufficiently take away their ability to take malefic daemonology, but because intent seems fairly clear, it's not worth the argument most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power   Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2016, 07:00

I'm more of a hobbyist at this point than player sadly. Hm...I'm not sure how to do my list now.

Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power   Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2016, 12:03

Follow the intent of the rule - as betray says, nothing stops eldar taking malefic by strict RAW however the fact their lores (much like harlequins for that matter) specify only sanctic then we the players use common sense and don't use malefic for these 2 factions.

I would argue the intent here is just as clear - we are told what they can use - full stop.

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power   Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2016, 12:58

I have always feared the perils table... it is just brutal.

Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power   Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2016, 14:33

It it's brutal, but, fun can be had!

Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power   Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24 2016, 03:40

So, going through this, I found out that I can take ancient treasures and get The spirit stone, which allows me to reduce casting by a dice, which really makes a huge difference in the perils. Sticking the princess in with a group of malovents gives me fearless, too....

I drop the Void dreamer to a baron with shimmershield and a jetbike, and, that's really about it....

Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power   Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24 2016, 05:05

Massaen wrote:

I would argue the intent here is just as clear - we are told what they can use - full stop.

This absolutely isn't true. The core rulebook specifies ALL psykers get it unless they specifically SAY otherwise.

It's not just corsairs that this is true for, and every tournament will allow it, because that's what the rule is. There are other factions that just "don't say one way or another" too, and they're able to use daemonology. When GW first wrote the rule in the rulebook, the default was for every codex at the time NOT to say either way, which meant that they had access to daemonology by default. Nothing has changed that. People are confused just because more recent codices have been listing daemonology redundantly.

But there are still examples of codices that existed prior to the 7th edition rulebook, and so none of those list daemonology one way or the other, and they're all considered to be allowed to take it as an option, even though it doesn't say it. Inquisition, Astra Militarum, Chaos Daemons, CSM, Sisters of battle(maybe - can't recall release date)...they all get access even though their codex doesn't say so.

Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power   Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24 2016, 07:47

And yet the 7th ed ones (all of those either have zero psykers or are 6th ed) specify daemonology...

The BA dex for example specifically lists dameonology for their librarians without a caveat at all while the elder and harlequins list Daemonology (sanctic) in their list of disciplines available.

The Intent in context is crystal clear using current ed codex

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power   Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24 2016, 16:21

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Psychic_101#Daemonology

This seems to agree that we get access to both trees in 7th....

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power   Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next