THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power   Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24 2016, 18:03

Massaen wrote:

The Intent in context is crystal clear using current ed codex

It's actually not. They're different books written by different companies that history has shown don't really communicate with one another. One company feels it's necessary to list redundant information, and the other company does not. Quite simple, really.

And short of them coming out and specifically saying otherwise, the rules as written are even MORE clear, specifically giving ALL psykers access unless specifically stated otherwise, so this debate over intent is rather moot. The rules allow it.
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power   Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24 2016, 19:15

I don't mean to be rude, but, as far as I'm concerned with this thread, from what I researched, asked, and been told, that's how the rules work. If they worked the other way, I'd be picking my powers and all that, which would be great, but, everyone I've asked insists it's not that way or won't play that way. So, with that, if you two want to discuss it, that's fine, but please, perhaps do it in the rule section? I only say this because now it's becoming a debate rather than helpful...again, sorry if that sounds rude.

Right now, I'm simply looking to see if there is better ways to do this summoning shtick and even make it a bit competitive or effective. Right now, from what I can see, there are two ways to do this. I can hope to roll 6's on my other hq's and pop them into greater demons which are much more effective than them in combat, my own princess, OR I can attempt to summon horrors which then summon horrors. I'm not sure exactly what road is best, or how I can perfect a way that's effective.

At 1000 points, I feel there are two directions I could take. I could drop the cloud dancers and instead take up MSU Corties with hqs with 1 level of psyker and go nuts with small fast attack slots of AT, or, I can take three corties with level 3 psykers, jetpack troops with meltas, and larger squads of vypers, hornets, or wasps.

" Your suffering will be legendary. It will make the dead, long forgotten in our dear Commorragh, rattle in their graves as your agony touches them even from the beyond. I will record each scream, each gurgle, each cry and it will be my sweetest lullaby. The tears you spill will be collected and I will savor them like fine drink for years to come. The blood you spill will be used to feed my house-plants, and your flesh I will feed to the Razorwing flocks. Your bones I will keep and fashion into my clothes like a medal awarded for reaching the highest plateau of torture. You will never steal my sandwych again!"
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power   Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24 2016, 23:44

So, after taking a moment to calm down and try and figure this out...I realized that I was way too hung up on two aspects. A, having to take that power, and B, taking cloud dancers. Why the cloud dancers? Because they are stupidly expensive for what they do.

Example. four cloud dancers with DL is 160 points, the same price for two Hornets with pulse lasers. The cloud dancers have Jink, can split up a bit, and can damage mitagate to a point. HOWEVER, Pulse lasers are str 8 ap 2 and heavy 2 instead of one. You lose lance, but, you get a whole other shot.  Effectively, if you're taking the dancer's for Obsec, you could take other options which give more bodies, are cheaper, and do different roles.

So, with that in mind, this is what I have instead...More AT Dakka with an assault punch and one more psyker.

+++ Corsairs (1000pts) +++

+ Command +

Corsair Prince [Heavy Mesh Armour, Reaper of the Outer Dark, Shadow Field, Void Sabre, Wild Psyker (Mastery Level 1)]

Hate-Bringer Cotorie or Head-takers, not sure.  

1x Corsair Void Dreamer [Corsair Jet Pack, Heavy Mesh Armour, 3x Mastery Level, Rage, Shimmershield, Void Sabre]

Corsair Reaver Band [Corsair Jet Packs, 7x Corsair w/ CCW and Pistols, Mesh Armour]
····2x Corsair w/ Flamer [2x Flamer]

Titan hunter Cotorie -

Corsair Baron [Corsair Jet Pack, Heavy Mesh Armour, Rage, Shimmershield, Wild Psyker (level 1)

Corsair Reaver Band [Corsair Jet Packs, 3x Corsair w/ Lasblaster, Mesh Armour]
····2x Corsair w/ Fusion Gun [2x Fusion Gun]

Corsair Reaver Band [Corsair Jet Packs, 3x Corsair w/ Lasblaster, Mesh Armour]
····2x Corsair w/ Fusion Gun [2x Fusion Gun]

+ Fast Attack +

Corsair Hornet Squadronx2
····Corsair Hornet [2x Pulse Laser]

" Your suffering will be legendary. It will make the dead, long forgotten in our dear Commorragh, rattle in their graves as your agony touches them even from the beyond. I will record each scream, each gurgle, each cry and it will be my sweetest lullaby. The tears you spill will be collected and I will savor them like fine drink for years to come. The blood you spill will be used to feed my house-plants, and your flesh I will feed to the Razorwing flocks. Your bones I will keep and fashion into my clothes like a medal awarded for reaching the highest plateau of torture. You will never steal my sandwych again!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power   Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldar Corsairs :Princess of Profane power
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2