THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

My take on exiting the warp

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Beerd
Slave

My take on exiting the warp Empty
PostSubject: My take on exiting the warp   My take on exiting the warp I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07 2013, 22:13

Long time lurker, first time poster! Hope you all enjoy my progress over the last 2 years as I've enjoyed toying with my Dark Eldar.
My take on exiting the warp 46295011
The above is the current state of the majority of my Fleet. Smooth clean lines with a very sharp highlight around the edges. The army was nicknamed "Tron'Dar" as I took inspiration from the latest Tron movie.

My take on exiting the warp 28953810
The Reavers were some of the first models I painted and didn't use many layer blends. Riders have still yet to be painted.

My take on exiting the warp 47168610
My Flying bats, or so they were named. These were a ton of fun to paint up. Were my first real attempt at producing more than 1 model at the same time while still trying to maintain the theme and a cohesive look. I'm very happy with how these turned out.

My take on exiting the warp 46204010
I had taken the last 8 months or so off from 40k while I was a Press Ganger for Warmachine in my local area. One day the Forgeworld Reaper caught my eye on ebay and I had to have it! Got it for a good deal and tried implementing a new technique I had been toying with on my warjacks. Drybrush blending.

This took my traditional hardline layering process and threw it out the window with an abundance of randomness. Took alot of the pressure off from having to make sure each brush stroke was the proper thickness for fear of having to start all over again. I was so pleased with how this model turned out in the end that I have since decided to go back and redo my entire fleet to have this jagged hazy glow to it.

I have dubbed it "Exiting the Warp." Its my take on what a color looks like as it has just left a Hyper Warp.

My take on exiting the warp 73602010

Progress shot of my Hellion blob that I was working on last night. Still unsure with the boards, but I'm going to ride it out for all 20 of them in hopes that it will look stunning once they are all done and with the proper use of colors on the Rider itself.

More to come!

Beerd
Back to top Go down
Beerd
Slave

PostSubject: Re: My take on exiting the warp   My take on exiting the warp I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07 2013, 23:53

oops! First time poster it seems I forgot to read forum headings. I don't think there is much to discuss here. Maybe an admin could move this to a more appropriate sub forum!
Back to top Go down
ravengoescaw
Heamonculi
ravengoescaw

PostSubject: Re: My take on exiting the warp   My take on exiting the warp I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2013, 11:27

What is this "Dry brush shading? How do you do it? I love the effect it has I have been trying to get that effect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My take on exiting the warp   My take on exiting the warp I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My take on exiting the warp
Page 1 of 1