THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Pure Dark Eldar - 1650 - ITC

Go down 
+4
The goat
tegs
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Skari
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Skari
Wych
Skari

Pure Dark Eldar - 1650 - ITC  Empty
PostSubject: Pure Dark Eldar - 1650 - ITC    Pure Dark Eldar - 1650 - ITC  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24 2016, 04:31

Let me know what you think!
Dark Eldar 1650 - List Development 20 Game Series -

CAD 1 -

Succubus - archite glaive , haywires , armour of misery

5 kabalites - venom dual cannon

3 reavers - caltrops
3 reavers - caltrops
3 reavers - caltrops

Grotesquerie Formation
Heamonculus

3 Grotesques - Raider
3 Grotesques - Raider

CAD 2

Lhamean

5 trueborn - 2 blasters - Raider lance

5 scourge 4 haywires
5 scourge 4 heat lances
Razorwing
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Kabalite Warrior
stevethedestroyeofworlds

PostSubject: Re: Pure Dark Eldar - 1650 - ITC    Pure Dark Eldar - 1650 - ITC  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24 2016, 05:03

Looks like a pretty solid list, but unsure about the dual blaster trueborn. You're paying 3 ppm more for a squad that is taking 1 more blaster than warriors can, and they lose ObSec. For the price of that unit and its raider you could get a triple lance ravager and have some spare points to throw on your Grots
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: Pure Dark Eldar - 1650 - ITC    Pure Dark Eldar - 1650 - ITC  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24 2016, 05:08

Yeah, that's the only unit I'm not sure about tbh.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
tegs
Kabalite Warrior
tegs

PostSubject: Re: Pure Dark Eldar - 1650 - ITC    Pure Dark Eldar - 1650 - ITC  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24 2016, 06:01

Is the Raider there because you ran out of Venoms or for the DL?

Also, you, good sir, are a god amongst men. A god amongst Eldar? A god in any case.

Hellion
The goat

PostSubject: Re: Pure Dark Eldar - 1650 - ITC    Pure Dark Eldar - 1650 - ITC  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24 2016, 09:45

Can someone tell me why the trueborn would lose ObSec?
Back to top Go down
tegs
Kabalite Warrior
tegs

PostSubject: Re: Pure Dark Eldar - 1650 - ITC    Pure Dark Eldar - 1650 - ITC  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24 2016, 16:25

The goat wrote:
Can someone tell me why the trueborn would lose ObSec?

When the unit is upgraded to Trueborn, their role is changed to Elites. ObSec only applies to Troops.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Pure Dark Eldar - 1650 - ITC    Pure Dark Eldar - 1650 - ITC  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24 2016, 18:28

I would drop the Trueborn. They wont do much with only 2 Blasters and you are paying a premium for them.

With the 145pts you have, I would up your Haemonculus to Urien. His bubble will be nice for your Reavers and allow for both Grot units (if they are in range) to be Fearless turn 1 incase anything should happen. He also gives you a nice CC model as well. I would still make the Succubus the warlord though so you do not get Urien's bad one.

With the next 80 points, I would grab a Venom for the Llahmaen. Always nice to have an extra Venom on the field. Then with the last 15, I would throw Dark Lances on the Razorwing for extra AT duty if need (you are losing those Blasters) be. That leaves 5pts to do what you'd like.

Aberrations with Scissorhands + a small Mandrake squad could be another choice for the last 80 points as well.

If you do not like Urien, a Dark Lance Ravager would not be a terrible choice as well to help with AT duties.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Pure Dark Eldar - 1650 - ITC    Pure Dark Eldar - 1650 - ITC  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24 2016, 19:00

stevethedestroyeofworlds wrote:
Looks like a pretty solid list, but unsure about the dual blaster trueborn. You're paying 3 ppm more for a squad that is taking 1 more blaster than warriors can, and they lose ObSec. For the price of that unit and its raider you could get a triple lance ravager and have some spare points to throw on your Grots

To play devil's advocate I suppose you could argue that the Raider and Trueborn give you two units with the added benefit of targeting two targets and disembarking to claim two objectives. Skarri's lists do tend to be All Star objective focused lists rather than falling for the trap of Mathhammer net list efficiency killings.

*comes back to reality

I agree though, that's a lot of points for a second blaster in a unit when a Ravager can do it for less. Hell, you could take a Ravager and massage a few points to take a minimum unit of Mandrakes to be annoying somewhere. (No, I'm not endorsing or extolling the virtues of Mandrakes, but I've watched Skarri pull of some savvy moves with less optimal units!)

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: Pure Dark Eldar - 1650 - ITC    Pure Dark Eldar - 1650 - ITC  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25 2016, 02:02

Interesting notes everyone! The one that seems most appealing to me is probably getting a ravager in there tbh , upgrading the razorwing to lances and then seeing what points I have left over .

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Pure Dark Eldar - 1650 - ITC    Pure Dark Eldar - 1650 - ITC  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25 2016, 02:10

How often do you use the haywire grenade on the succubus?
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Pure Dark Eldar - 1650 - ITC    Pure Dark Eldar - 1650 - ITC  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25 2016, 03:55

Myrvn wrote:
How often do you use the haywire grenade on the succubus?

Not sure how Skarri plays it, but I've found that you really need that haywire grenade just in case you get charged by a Dreadnaught or something that the Grotesques can't take down and can't run away from once they're fearless rather than simply lose models to instant death S10 attacks.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Pure Dark Eldar - 1650 - ITC    Pure Dark Eldar - 1650 - ITC  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25 2016, 16:39

I like the Haywire on the Succubus. I like being able to hurt an IK or a walker of some sort. Sometimes the Str. 5/ 6 or Rending is not enough.
Back to top Go down
Rewind
Kabalite Warrior
Rewind

PostSubject: Re: Pure Dark Eldar - 1650 - ITC    Pure Dark Eldar - 1650 - ITC  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25 2016, 21:27

Hey,

What are people's thoughts on Ravagers vs Scourges?

I find Scourges GREAT at supporting Ravagers & boosting my AT, I DS them in & they shoot & usually kill that 1 unit I wanted dead, that my Ravagers have usually softened up.

They almost always then get focused & wiped, but I still have the Ravagers.

I would worry that even if u get both Scourge units turn 2, 1 bad roll & you'll have to use both units to kill 1 Vehicle & would then have very little ranged AT turn 3.

If you don't get them early, you only have 2 mid-range Blasters, 1 Raider Lance & the Reavers, so if u start 1st you've only got enough AT to pop 1 vehicle 1st turn, that's not much Alpha AT.

So, in that vein, I would suggest 2 Ravagers & 1 unit of HWB Scourges.

Dropping the Trueborn & swapping 1 unit of Scourges for the points.

I also personally don't like our fliers (LOVE their look) if it was my list, I would drop the Razorwing too, probably have 2 x Ravagers, 2 x Scourges & Abbers in my Grots.

I wish you luck with your game, if u broadcast it, pls link in forum Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pure Dark Eldar - 1650 - ITC    Pure Dark Eldar - 1650 - ITC  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pure Dark Eldar - 1650 - ITC
Page 1 of 1