THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Haemonculi Coven Models

Go down 
+42
doriii
Khain mor
Lord_Alino
Azdrubael
Skyboard surfer
Mr_Pink
Crazy_Irish
Lord Clazaryn
dokclaw
GAR
Zathgar
Crazy_Ivan
Cavalier
Alpha Ghaz
Shinobi_8745
Hess
Drev
speedfreek
Deyfluff
xzandrate
Ciirian
Varred
Sky Serpent
Orthien
Lady Malys
Count Adhemar
Evil Space Elves
Mortarion
Bearded Dan
Foo
Kinnay
Cavash
Siticus the Ancient
little
Xelkireth
Malte
horrid
Gobsmakked
Todo13
Baron Tordeck
Saintspirit
The Eye of Error
46 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

Haemonculi Coven Models Empty
PostSubject: Haemonculi Coven Models   Haemonculi Coven Models I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 18:01

This is my second Dark Eldar army.
I will be utilizing several vehicles and Units from my Kabal force, but there will be some nasty unique models in here.

Haemonculus Ancient
Haemonculi Coven Models Haemonculi_Ancient_Comp

Here's a new edition to my Dark Eldar Forces, a custom Haemonculi Ancient. The core body is a classic Female Dark Eldar Warrior with her Shiva-like arms made from left over knife/pistol arm bitz from both the Kabalite Warrior Box and the Raider Box. The Splinter Pistol has been modified with styrene rod & shapes to represent a Stinger Pistol based off of Jes Goodwin's sketches. The Husk Blade is from the Metal Archon figure attached onto a Kabalite Warrior arm.

The belt/tabbard/corset area was a combination of Classic Warrior Legs, Greenstuff, floral wire for the corset stitching, Kroot knives, Kabalite Warrior Tabard & WFB Chaos Maurader trophy skulls & hooks on chains.

Her head is a a Slaanesh Deamonette head sliced to fit within a Dark Eldar high neck piece. The Collar is a left over piece from a WFB Empire Battle Wizard. The Base is some slate along with 2 resin skulls I bought form a vendor on Ebay.

Second Haemonculi
Haemonculi Coven Models Haemonculi_1_Comp

My second Haemonculi is very similar in design to the Haemonculi Ancient except for it's Male and has some different wargear. The core Body is a classic male warrior with pistol, knife and Agonizer arms coming from primarily the Kabalite Warrior Box. The Liquifier gun is a splice of a classic splinter rifle merged into a Tzeentch Pink Horror Arm. I wanted it to look like an appendage grafted on rather than the main arm like on the classic Haemonculi figures. The Splinter Pistol has been modified with styrene rod & shapes to represent a Stinger Pistol based off of Jes Goodwin's sketches just like the Haemonculi Ancient.

The belt/tabbard/corset area was a combination of Classic Warrior Legs, Greenstuff, floral wire for the corset stitching, Kroot knives, Kabalite Warrior Tabard & WFB Chaos Maurader trophy skulls & hooks on chains. His head is form the new Wyche Box with a top knot form the Kabalite Warrior Box. The base is some slate along with 2 resin skulls I bought form a vendor on Ebay.

Third Haemonculi
Haemonculi Coven Models Haemonculi_2_Comp

Here's my Third and Final Custom Haemonculi. Just like the 2 others, the core body is a classic male warrior with head, pistol & power weapon arms coming from the Kabalite Warrior Box. The Huskblade is from the metal Archon Blister. The Liquifier gun is a splice of a classic splinter rifle merged into a Tzeentch Pink Horror Arm. Splinter Pistol has been modified with styrene rod & shapes to represent a Stinger Pistol just like the the other two with the only addition being the underslung blade. The belt/tabbard/corset area was a combination of Classic Warrior Legs, Greenstuff, Kroot knives/ bags, Kabalite Warrior Tabard & WFB Chaos Maurader trophy skulls & hooks on chains.

Urien Rakarth and Haemonculi Coven unpainted
Haemonculi Coven Models Coven-Group

I took a few pictures of the entire Coven. I primed the first two Haemonculi gray along with The new Urien Rakarth Figure.

Urien Rakarth and Haemonculi Coven Painted

With all the forthcoming Coven troop options I decided it was time to finally paint my Haemonculi Coven along with Urien Rakarth. I tested out several new painting techniques on these figures as well as new photography lighting provide a more atmospheric shot. I have to say, I'm rather pleased with how the pics turned out

Haemonculi Coven Models Haemonculi_1
Haemonculi Coven Models Haemonculi_2
Haemonculi Coven Models Haemonculi_3
Haemonculi Coven Models Haemonculi_4
Haemonculi Coven Models Haemonculi_5
Haemonculi Coven Models Haemonculi_6
Haemonculi Coven Models Haemonculi_7
Haemonculi Coven Models Haemonculi_8
Haemonculi Coven Models Haemonculi_9
Haemonculi Coven Models Haemonculi_10
Haemonculi Coven Models Haemonculi_11
Haemonculi Coven Models Haemonculi_12
Haemonculi Coven Models Haemonculi_13
Haemonculi Coven Models Haemonculi_14
Haemonculi Coven Models Haemonculi_15
Haemonculi Coven Models Haemonculi_16
Haemonculi Coven Models Haemonculi_17
Haemonculi Coven Models Haemonculi_18

Last edited by The Eye of Error on Fri Apr 26 2013, 14:43; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://eyeoferror.blogspot.com/
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi Coven Models   Haemonculi Coven Models I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 18:24

Excuse me while my jaw drops down on the floor...
*klonk*

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi Coven Models   Haemonculi Coven Models I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 19:55

Saintspirit wrote:
Excuse me while my jaw drops down on the floor...
*klonk*

My sentiments exactly... those are beautiful conversions, which must have taken a lot of effort and time on your part.

My favourite part of this dark conglomeration, is the attention to detail. Specifically the vials on the second ones back! It's even got air bubbles! Just fantastic! Well-done sir, I take my hat off to you.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi Coven Models   Haemonculi Coven Models I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 23:03

I really like the "Blood" warpaint

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi Coven Models   Haemonculi Coven Models I_icon_minitimeWed May 25 2011, 00:00

Wow! Great conversions and painting!
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi Coven Models   Haemonculi Coven Models I_icon_minitimeWed May 25 2011, 09:04

All round stunning, the models are complete in every way. Very intimidating.

The poison vials on the back of one are extremely well done. I'm looking forward to more of your work, as always.
Back to top Go down
horrid
Hellion
horrid

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi Coven Models   Haemonculi Coven Models I_icon_minitimeWed May 25 2011, 09:19

Those haemoculi are really amazing. In other goggle searches I found WIPs you had posted on other forums. I still have some green work to do on my first haemculus but when I get around to posting the finished product it should be apparent your work inspired me. Thanks for that Smile . Hadn't seen the finished paints until now. Very sharp!
Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi Coven Models   Haemonculi Coven Models I_icon_minitimeWed May 25 2011, 16:34

Thanks for all the compliments guys! I'm glad I can inspire people Smile

I have many more custom Coven unit on the way.
I'm waiting for the Talos to come out so I can buy a lot of extra vial and mechanical surgical arm bits Very Happy

Malte
Slave
Malte

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi Coven Models   Haemonculi Coven Models I_icon_minitimeWed May 25 2011, 17:05

LuckyNo.5 wrote:
I'm glad I can inspire people

You sir succeeded!
I've never had any plans on using Haemonculi in my army but these conversions inspires me to make some of my own just for the sake of modelling and painting. Can't wait until you get your hands on the new talos bitz.

Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi Coven Models   Haemonculi Coven Models I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 20:57

When do we get to see more?
Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi Coven Models   Haemonculi Coven Models I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 21:16

Well...I'm waiting for my Talos in the mail.
So as soon as that gets here you'll see more Smile

little
Slave
little

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi Coven Models   Haemonculi Coven Models I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 21:31

Wonderfull haemoculi .....
I like yours than GW models .....
Well...I'm waiting for my Talos
A scratchbuit or Gw ?
Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi Coven Models   Haemonculi Coven Models I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26 2012, 21:26

This thread had fallen to the absolute LAST on the forum. Well, it was one of the oldest but like all good Haemonculi I have ressurrected it from the dead. I am finally working on my coven models again and have a new addition; A Coven Raider Conversion

I wanted to do something special for my Lead Coven Raider, something unique that I haven't seen done yet. One of the things I love most about the Dark Kin is how they are just as brutal and gory as any Chaos Marine..but elegant and tasteful at the same time. Not surprisingly It really appeals to the Slaanshi in me Smile

Haemonculi Coven Models DE_Coven_Raider_01

Most Coven raiders I have seen have gone with the theme bodies, blood, gore. I wanted to go the route of elegance, sharpness and usefulness.

The first thing that came to mind was "How the Hell are Grotesques going to fit on here". My solution was to add additional side planks similar to 3rd Edition Raiders. I also added an extra set of handles to accommodate these planks. Next I wanted to update the driver and gunner to look the part. A simple addition of Wyche helmets and slightly modified Talos surgical arms did the trick.

I created new custom armor for the side panels. My intention here was to make the Raider look more goth, more like Vampire Counts almost. Some sliced gems from leftover Eldar bits and a few hanging chained skulls help blend this addition in more naturally.

The final additions were an awesome flowing Skaven Doomwheel banner and a custom Aethersail made by splicing 2 sails together for a unique pattern.

She's on the painting table now, so hopefully I'll have her wrapped up within 2-3 weeks Smile

Haemonculi Coven Models DE_Coven_Raider_02

Haemonculi Coven Models DE_Coven_Raider_03

Haemonculi Coven Models DE_Coven_Raider_04

Haemonculi Coven Models DE_Coven_Raider_05

Haemonculi Coven Models DE_Coven_Raider_06

Haemonculi Coven Models DE_Coven_Raider_07

Haemonculi Coven Models DE_Coven_Raider_08

Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi Coven Models   Haemonculi Coven Models I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26 2012, 22:21

That Raider is absolutely stunnin even unpainted! The plasticard work on the hull is great, but the long banner really sets it apart. Very well done, really want to see this painted!

Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi Coven Models   Haemonculi Coven Models I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26 2012, 22:31

I feel like I have just been tickled by a Huskblade! That is how much awe I am in!
I hope you can feel my envy. Those Haemonculi are purely beautiful and I could only wish to own a Raider that awesome!

Keep up the magnificent work!

Haemonculi Coven Models YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi Coven Models   Haemonculi Coven Models I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27 2012, 00:05

I have had that same banner to put on my own coven Raider for about 9 months now because, yes, it is so awesome and covenly. I really must get on with it.

Luv the other mods Lucky, your p-card armour is terrific, very elegant, and the side-mounted boarding plank is a very simple yet very effective twist.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi Coven Models   Haemonculi Coven Models I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27 2012, 00:28

Wow, you're back! Very nice. Smile
Great Raider! I love the banner and the sail; it really looks elegant yet brutal!

The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi Coven Models   Haemonculi Coven Models I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27 2012, 00:44

Thanks everyone, yup I'm back. I blame Path of the Renegade. I finally read it and realized how much I loved Dark Eldar again Very Happy

These guys are on the painting table right now as well. I hope to have at least the Grotesques ready next week. Wracks the week after.

Haemonculi Coven Models Grotesques_WIP_1

Haemonculi Coven Models Grotesques_WIP_3

Haemonculi Coven Models Grotesques_WIP_4

Haemonculi Coven Models Grotesques_WIP_5

Haemonculi Coven Models Grotesques_WIP_6

Haemonculi Coven Models Grotesques_WIP_7

Haemonculi Coven Models Grotesques_WIP_8

Haemonculi Coven Models Grotesques_WIP_9

Haemonculi Coven Models Grotesques_WIP_10

Haemonculi Coven Models Grotesques_WIP_11

Haemonculi Coven Models Grotesques_WIP_12

Haemonculi Coven Models Grotesques_WIP_13

Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi Coven Models   Haemonculi Coven Models I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27 2012, 22:25

Whoa, those Grotesques are amazing. What did you use as a base and is all that sculpting on the back actually greenstuff?
Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi Coven Models   Haemonculi Coven Models I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27 2012, 22:33

Thanks Foo, The details about the conversions re in this old thread I started over a year ago. It's been collecting dust Razz

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t2061-dark-eldar-grotesque-conversions?highlight=grotesque+conversions

Bearded Dan
Hellion
Bearded Dan

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi Coven Models   Haemonculi Coven Models I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27 2012, 23:44

Absolutely fantastic. It's not that often I see a hobby thread that motivates me the way this one has. Thanks for that!

I have a(n) (explicit) podcast: Trapped in the BasementCast
Back to top Go down
http://trappedinthebasementcast.com/
Mortarion
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi Coven Models   Haemonculi Coven Models I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29 2012, 07:55

Really impressive. It's allways nice to see (part of) an army that has had so much work put into it. And it really makes me want to add more details to my own coven troops.
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi Coven Models   Haemonculi Coven Models I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29 2012, 13:25

LuckyNo.5 wrote:
Thanks Foo, The details about the conversions re in this old thread I started over a year ago. It's been collecting dust Razz

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t2061-dark-eldar-grotesque-conversions?highlight=grotesque+conversions
I did a search for grotesque conversions and your blog was among the first results. You have won Google.
Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi Coven Models   Haemonculi Coven Models I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2012, 18:21

Almost done the Grotesques……. so close I can taste it. What a Face

Haemonculi Coven Models Photo_10

The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi Coven Models   Haemonculi Coven Models I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12 2012, 03:36

FINALLY after over a year and a half I've finished my Grotesque conversions. Honestly they sat in a dusty box for a year and 5 months until I pulled them out a few weeks ago and made the decision to finish them once and for all.

The original article on how I constructed them has been the most popular article on my blog reaching a whopping 5176 views! I had to make sure I did them to the best of my ability. I hope you like them.

Haemonculi Coven Models DE_Grotesques_Painted_01

Haemonculi Coven Models DE_Grotesques_Painted_02

Haemonculi Coven Models DE_Grotesques_Painted_04

Haemonculi Coven Models DE_Grotesques_Painted_05

Haemonculi Coven Models DE_Grotesques_Painted_08

Haemonculi Coven Models DE_Grotesques_Painted_11

Haemonculi Coven Models DE_Grotesques_Painted_12

Haemonculi Coven Models DE_Grotesques_Painted_13

Haemonculi Coven Models DE_Grotesques_Painted_14

More pics can be found on Eye of Error

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi Coven Models   Haemonculi Coven Models I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Haemonculi Coven Models
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next