THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

FW Shadow Spectres Exarch and Freakshow, a good idea?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

FW Shadow Spectres Exarch and Freakshow, a good idea? Empty
PostSubject: FW Shadow Spectres Exarch and Freakshow, a good idea?   FW Shadow Spectres Exarch and Freakshow, a good idea? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24 2016, 00:34

The Shadow of Death Special Rule creates a 12" Bubble that forces enemy units to roll 3D6 and take the 2 highest in Leadership tests and Morale checks.
i guess that would work well with freakshow?

And for the more competitive Archons out there:
Do many tournaments ban FW units?

I'd pick the minimum 3 with no other upgrades than Exarch and his Shadow of Death Power for a total of 120 points
(as much as 5 Scourges w/ 4 Haywire blasters), just for the debuff and as a nuisance.

Also they look totally badass!

Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: FW Shadow Spectres Exarch and Freakshow, a good idea?   FW Shadow Spectres Exarch and Freakshow, a good idea? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24 2016, 00:46

If you can afford them I think they'd be amazing. I am converting some for just that purpose.

I haven't seen a tournament ban FW in forever. The only events that do these days seem like rinky dink tournaments or specialized narrative events.
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: FW Shadow Spectres Exarch and Freakshow, a good idea?   FW Shadow Spectres Exarch and Freakshow, a good idea? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24 2016, 01:01

Oh i just saw Spectres come from FW in Boxes of 5 so i might as well play all five if i pay real money for them.
+Exarch.

Then conga line for max debuff bubble Twisted Evil

Last edited by Marrath on Sat Sep 24 2016, 09:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: FW Shadow Spectres Exarch and Freakshow, a good idea?   FW Shadow Spectres Exarch and Freakshow, a good idea? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24 2016, 02:53

If im not mistaken, the shadow spectres phoenix lord also has that ability.

Cheaper in real money, better shooting than 3 regulars, much better melee, hit and run, fearless??, 2+ armor and eternal warrior, plus his warlord trait is a nice little addition to a freakshow which can even screw with marines.

My 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: FW Shadow Spectres Exarch and Freakshow, a good idea?   FW Shadow Spectres Exarch and Freakshow, a good idea? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24 2016, 04:18

Tragically, the Phoenix Lord's power is worded horribly, and only works if he's IN a Shadow Spectre squad.
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: FW Shadow Spectres Exarch and Freakshow, a good idea?   FW Shadow Spectres Exarch and Freakshow, a good idea? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24 2016, 07:30

That really is tragic wording. Taken literally, the only time it could apply would be in a situation where it would apply because of the Exarch already.

Seems reasonable to assume at the least it should mean within 12" of Irillyth, or possibly the whole unit, but it doesn't say that at all.
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: FW Shadow Spectres Exarch and Freakshow, a good idea?   FW Shadow Spectres Exarch and Freakshow, a good idea? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24 2016, 09:00

So Irillyth would be better, if they had not just copy/pasted the Shadow of Death rules from the Spectres without changing.

Would it be reasonable to say rules as intended he has SoD when he's alone too?
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: FW Shadow Spectres Exarch and Freakshow, a good idea?   FW Shadow Spectres Exarch and Freakshow, a good idea? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24 2016, 13:27

I would call it reasonable yes. If you look, his spectre holo field is wrong too, having not been updated to stack with stealth and shrouding like his aspect does.

Plus side annoyance, the shadow spectres exarch doesn't get the extra wound that literally every other exarch got.

Lazy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FW Shadow Spectres Exarch and Freakshow, a good idea?   FW Shadow Spectres Exarch and Freakshow, a good idea? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FW Shadow Spectres Exarch and Freakshow, a good idea?
Page 1 of 1