THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Idea: Grotesquerie with Aberration as Warlord? Personal Traits.

Go down 
+4
dumpeal
CptMetal
fisheyes
Marrath
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

Idea: Grotesquerie with Aberration as Warlord? Personal Traits. Empty
PostSubject: Idea: Grotesquerie with Aberration as Warlord? Personal Traits.   Idea: Grotesquerie with Aberration as Warlord? Personal Traits. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07 2016, 23:31

I was thinking about making the Aberration of a Grotesquerie the Warlord.
Via Personal traits he can get one of the following:

Counter-attack
Furious Charge
Outflank
+1 extra Victory Point for Characters killed in a challenge by Aberration
Feel No Pain
Fearless + It will not die

Could be funny, in combination with Succubus and/or Haemonculus.
Could also make it hard for the enemy to get Slay the Warlord.

Not very fluffy though. A Grotesque Archon? Rolling Eyes
And FNP would be redundant too. Sad

Your thoughts?

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Grotesquerie with Aberration as Warlord? Personal Traits.   Idea: Grotesquerie with Aberration as Warlord? Personal Traits. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08 2016, 02:46

Fearless and IWND are also redundant...
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Grotesquerie with Aberration as Warlord? Personal Traits.   Idea: Grotesquerie with Aberration as Warlord? Personal Traits. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08 2016, 09:39

Why not justify it as a crazy Haemonculus that turned himself into some kind of monster?
I think it's a nice idea but remember that you don't get to reroll the trait
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Grotesquerie with Aberration as Warlord? Personal Traits.   Idea: Grotesquerie with Aberration as Warlord? Personal Traits. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08 2016, 13:07

@Fisheyes: Turn one both are not redundant, unless you have a character with em.
No joke my Grotesques almost ran off the board turn one once.
And they don't get IWND before turn 5, 4 with Hammy iirc.

Edit: They don't get IWND before turn 4, 3 with Hammy.

@CptMetal: Lame! Well i guess GW also thinks Grotesques shouldn't be Warlords.
Edit: Maybe a Haemonculus fashioned a Grotesque, so magnificent, Commorrites pay slaves to watch it lead a raid?

dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Grotesquerie with Aberration as Warlord? Personal Traits.   Idea: Grotesquerie with Aberration as Warlord? Personal Traits. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11 2016, 14:43

Aberations : The only leaders Archons trust enough to give them troops without fearing a coup d'etat.

Good Guy Abe : receive an army, doesn't try to kill his master.
Back to top Go down
ZeusMendizabal
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Grotesquerie with Aberration as Warlord? Personal Traits.   Idea: Grotesquerie with Aberration as Warlord? Personal Traits. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13 2016, 07:18

Honestly I think your on to something, since a lot of times I find myself using a lhamean as my Hq (there not characters so no Warlord Trait) aside from having a haemonculous from the grotesquerie. Even so, the abberation is tougher in lots of ways.

however, I would not roll on personal, the actual dark eldar traits are better in most ways imo. There none to shabby for an abberation Wink and not redundant outside #1 which gives you fear and is not great to begin with and as a coven grotesque you have it anyways. I find them of better use than the personal in this case though.  Smile
Back to top Go down
Rhameil
Hellion
Rhameil

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Grotesquerie with Aberration as Warlord? Personal Traits.   Idea: Grotesquerie with Aberration as Warlord? Personal Traits. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13 2016, 12:35

Can an Abberation (or any character) from the Covens book choose whether to roll on their warlord traits or the regular DE ones or does it have to be the Covens ones?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Grotesquerie with Aberration as Warlord? Personal Traits.   Idea: Grotesquerie with Aberration as Warlord? Personal Traits. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14 2016, 04:46

Regular or Covens, but not DE.
Back to top Go down
ZeusMendizabal
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Grotesquerie with Aberration as Warlord? Personal Traits.   Idea: Grotesquerie with Aberration as Warlord? Personal Traits. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15 2016, 08:36

Only Haemonculous get access to the warlord coven traits. otherwise you have to roll on Dark Eldar or The main rulebook.

Page 48 of the coven book says:
If your warlord is a haemonculous, You may choose to roll on the table to the right instead of those found in warghammer 40,000: The rules or Codex: Dark eldar.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Grotesquerie with Aberration as Warlord? Personal Traits.   Idea: Grotesquerie with Aberration as Warlord? Personal Traits. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15 2016, 17:17

Even better. So you could actually have an Aberration with labyrinth Cunning!

Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Grotesquerie with Aberration as Warlord? Personal Traits.   Idea: Grotesquerie with Aberration as Warlord? Personal Traits. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16 2016, 00:36

Does the abby have permission to select from the codex?
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Grotesquerie with Aberration as Warlord? Personal Traits.   Idea: Grotesquerie with Aberration as Warlord? Personal Traits. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16 2016, 01:06

Jimsolo wrote:
I think there's nothing disallowing it in the Supplement.

Also has anyone tried a grot bomb in 7th?
How about 2 Grotesqueries at minimum (4 squads of 3 and 2 hammys) for 780 points?

Or are double formations forbidden somewhere?

amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Grotesquerie with Aberration as Warlord? Personal Traits.   Idea: Grotesquerie with Aberration as Warlord? Personal Traits. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16 2016, 08:02

I can't comment on the abberation question beyond pointing out that the main codex specifically says "a dark eldar warlord" with no modifiers as to whom can take from it's warlord traits.

Double formations are completely legal provided they do not require any unique characters or models.

Grot bombs have been tried repeatedly, They aren't bad by any means but there's generally too much actual ID in play to make them the be all end all of play.

2 Grotesqueries in many comp environments would cut your source codex's by a third which is why it isn't usually recommended. If you want 4 fearless squads and can do without the psuedo-drugs then just take a Covenite Coterie instead, in terms of FOC slots it's identical.

That said I think a FAR, FAR more interesting chestnut just showed itself to be discussed:

RAW a base codex Haemonculus appears to be able to roll on the supplement table even though it wasn't purchased there.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Grotesquerie with Aberration as Warlord? Personal Traits.   Idea: Grotesquerie with Aberration as Warlord? Personal Traits. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16 2016, 18:01

Marrath wrote:
Jimsolo wrote:
I think there's nothing disallowing it in the Supplement.

Also has anyone tried a grot bomb in 7th?
How about 2 Grotesqueries at minimum (4 squads of 3 and 2 hammys) for 780 points?

Or are double formations forbidden somewhere?

I've run a grot bomb in the ITC events I've been attending. I experimented with it a bit before allying in a Corsair Void Dreamer with a Shimmershield. The addition of an Invulnerable save changes the game significantly; without it I wouldn't run the bomb in a serious setting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Grotesquerie with Aberration as Warlord? Personal Traits.   Idea: Grotesquerie with Aberration as Warlord? Personal Traits. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Idea: Grotesquerie with Aberration as Warlord? Personal Traits.
Page 1 of 1